2012 Ford Focus

7.1

Based on 554 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

7.3/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Steady runner

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

"I've owned this car for a year - so far I had no mechanical problems and it's been a steady runner for highway trips. However, when it comes to comfort, and anything remotely "fancy" - this is not even slightly the car for you. Top issues that I've had with this car: - driving dynamics. this car has very low maneuverability! I'm not a race car driver, but when I'm trying to get out of a bad corner on the way from daycare in rush hour, I want to be confident this car can get up and go. It chokes first, then gradually speeds up. So, no short passes, quick maneuvers at all, period. - this car has the most uncomfortable passenger seat ever!! the glove box is where your knees are and there is no way you can move far enough to get comfy - regardless how tall/big/skinny you are. never mind the fact that the backseat size is really small (choose car seats wisely). Trunk size is good though. - sound system. okay, i know i was getting the base model but really?? really?? I have a $4 speaker at home that hooks up to my phone or laptop via bluetooth which sounds MUCH better than this system. $4!! - this car has only 2 cup holders for driver, no other accommodations. you also won't find an ash tray there. oh, and AUX is in the glovebox - look closely. I do like: - blind spot mirrors - safety release in the trunk - cheap parts if repair needed - so far, consistency and reliability. - LOVE gas mileage. The most I was able to get out of it was 37.5 (above manufacturer's ratings) - that was highway miles for a few days. Currently mix of city\highway - 31.1. Love it. - I do like that it blends in - sometimes it's just handy :)"

Great car

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive,great on gas"

Cons: "Front console area a little tight"

"I bought my 2012focus with escape trade in.at first I didn't like the smaller cargo area,but now that I have adjusted from escape cargo,I love,love,it and the gas mileage is GREAT.the only draw back,is console area a little tight.this is a great car"

Great car...good for around town or short commutes

By on Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, easy to park/drive"

Cons: "No power windows in back seat"

"Would be good car for college/HS student. I have really liked the car. I chose it over a Toyota. Even though it's better around town, it still holds its own on the highway...I have no complaints about it."

One of the BEST cars I've ever owned!

By on Monday, May 5, 2014

Pros: "POWER, 6-speed, style, gas milage"

Cons: "none that I can think of...."

"I traded an 07 Mustang convertible with the Pony package on this car. I saw the car on the dealer's lot and then saw the article in Motor Trend. The fact that it is one of the first global cars was a draw, but test driving it was awesome! It's a go-cart on steroids!! It handles curves like a dream. The turbo has no lag at all, and it will respond in traffic whether you shift down or just stomp on the accelerator. My Tangerine Scream ST2 is a real "looker"! I never have trouble finding it in a parking lot. I always have people asking me about it when I'm at the service station. I've had a lot of Ford products over the year, but this is the most FUN car I think I've ever owned."

I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Great M.P.G, sporty, fun to drive, head turner."

Cons: "NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE"

"I bought a Titanium Sedan a week ago and love it. Granted I only put 200 miles on it so far but, I have no complaints. I laughed at all the reviews on here about the transmission. WELL if you would of read reviews on the car you'd know about the transmission. I noticed it shifts different then my 2002 Grand Prix BUT, hey they're different cars. I really don't see anything wrong with the shifting. It's a Focus not a Caddy or Jag. Do your homework people before you buy a car. I have 3 friends who own one too and they're not complaining about the transmission. Bought it in Performance Blue and it's a head turner, car has a lot of pep for a compact. seats are comfortable, everything is within easy reach, great gas mileage."