2012 Ford Focus

7.1

Based on 538 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

7.4/10
    7.2/10
    7.5/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Great car for commuting and for road trips!

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "affordable, good mileage, big trunk, stylish, fun to drive"

Cons: "needs a little more room in the backseat, SYNC needs a hearing aid"

"I bought this car for commuting, then found I like to drive it on the weekends also. My wife likes to drive it and I've received many positive compliments from others who see it and admire it. I thought it would get good mileage and I was right. I has been averaging 34 MPG during some bad commute days - two hours each way every work day. It has nice features and a few little quirks. The transmission makes a little noise when shifting at low speeds, but no problems on the freeway. The interior is nice, but a little cramped for adults in the back seat. The trunk is HUGE. The styling is nice. SYNC needs a little work to understand commands - especially when there is road noise. Also, the turn-by-turn navigation just can't keep up when downtown or driving near high-rise buildings -- all minor stuff overall."

Fun to drive, great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Would like to see a 2.3L 4 cyl. offered"

"Fun to drive, great gas mileage, good styling"

A very good car for commuters

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good sound system, no cheap feel."

Cons: "Lack of storage, a little pricey for a compact car"

"I commute 45 miles each way to work. I needed a car that would get good mileage and be comfortable to sit in for extended periods. The Focus is both of these and much more. I am currently averaging 37 mpg (3 fill ups so far). The front seats are very comfortable, but the driver seat lacks an adjustable lumbar support (in the SE version I own). I use a small towel roll to make up the difference. The car has plenty of power, accelerating and shifting smoothly. The audio system (6 speaker with SIRIUS) is more than adequate for the average audiophile, reproducing wonderful sound. The hand controls on the steering wheel were confusing at first, but now are very convenient and intuitive. The only ammenity that I find lacking in this car is the absence of "cubbies." I have no real good place to put all of my... goodies. The glove box is very spacious. The center console is smallish. The cup holders in front are smallish. The door panels seem to have adequate space. But that is it. Can I live with this small flaw? Absolutely. It the car a blast to drive? You're darn tootin' it is. It handles corners like more expensive BMW's or VW's. It feels substancial and refined, yet nimble. Nothing about this car seems cheep or poorly made. The two words I can say: Buy one!"

Used 2012 Focus SEL Sedan

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "The Interior, Exterior, Radio and Exceleration."

Cons: "Nothing for 5,000 so far."

"I bought the car at the end of October. I got it used and acordding to car facts it was a rental car. I got the car at 32,400 miles and currently have 38,000. I drive 75 + miles a day 7 days a week at times and I honestly love this car. I had a 2006 Toyota Corolla prior to this car and I liked the Toyota but it always felt cramped and like I never had enough power to get on and off the highway. I have had the car for 2 months now with a lot of driving and having people in the back seat regularly. So far I have not had an issue with their not being enoughg room even though one of my friends is 6'3" and had plenty of head room. I love the SYNC system and learned it very qucikly. I do understand where people are coming from with the tranny. But I have not had any issues with it. It accelerates very nicely and has incredible brakes. I love this car and enjoy the leather seats, moon roof,SYNC and it looks like a sports car instead of a gas sipper. I plan to keep it for quite some time and I LOVE this car!!!"

Great Vehicle for the Price Range

By on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, fuel efficent, reliable, cost"

Cons: "Door lock set up, Sony premium sound system"

"First let me start by saying its a very fun car. Has a large amount of torque for a small hatchback. Even though the car is classified as a compact car it has a fair amount of room. I am 5'11" and fit well with room to spare. The Recardo seats are very nice and I find them quite comfortable but I know they are not for everyone, they are made for the driving enthusiast and hug you, not everyone likes that but it's just a matter of preference, you will have to sit in one and judge for yourself. I really only have 2 complaints about the car and they are just because I tend to be, well, picky. First would be the power lock set up, there is one button in the center of the dash to lock and unlock with no manual way to unlock or lock the door (this seems to be more and more common in newer vehicles) I just don't like it, I can't really say anything more about that. The second would be the upgraded Sony sound system, most will probably find it pleasing, it is much better then a standard factory radio but for my taste the sub is lacking and the bluetooth audio doesn't seem to go loud enough, again this is something you will have to listen for yourself, everyone's ears are different and most don't tend to be as picky as mine are when it comes to radios. Otherwise it is a great car, get's decent gas mileage, and has not given me any problems as of yet. I can not stress enough fun, fun, fun car that is economical enough to be used as a daily driver without breaking the bank to fill the tank."