2012 Ford Focus

7.1

Based on 554 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

7.3/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

A very good car for commuters

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good sound system, no cheap feel."

Cons: "Lack of storage, a little pricey for a compact car"

"I commute 45 miles each way to work. I needed a car that would get good mileage and be comfortable to sit in for extended periods. The Focus is both of these and much more. I am currently averaging 37 mpg (3 fill ups so far). The front seats are very comfortable, but the driver seat lacks an adjustable lumbar support (in the SE version I own). I use a small towel roll to make up the difference. The car has plenty of power, accelerating and shifting smoothly. The audio system (6 speaker with SIRIUS) is more than adequate for the average audiophile, reproducing wonderful sound. The hand controls on the steering wheel were confusing at first, but now are very convenient and intuitive. The only ammenity that I find lacking in this car is the absence of "cubbies." I have no real good place to put all of my... goodies. The glove box is very spacious. The center console is smallish. The cup holders in front are smallish. The door panels seem to have adequate space. But that is it. Can I live with this small flaw? Absolutely. It the car a blast to drive? You're darn tootin' it is. It handles corners like more expensive BMW's or VW's. It feels substancial and refined, yet nimble. Nothing about this car seems cheep or poorly made. The two words I can say: Buy one!"

Fun to drive, great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Would like to see a 2.3L 4 cyl. offered"

"Fun to drive, great gas mileage, good styling"

Stay Away From This Car

By on Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pros: "Styling is dead on, Lot's of features for price"

Cons: "Transmission has issues that Ford won't resolve."

"I purchased this 2012 Focus about 3 weeks ago and while it drove nice off the dealer lot after it warmed up and during city driving the car began to shudder when taking off from a stop. I took it to the dealer and they confirmed the shudder I was feeling, They contacted Ford and they stated it was normal. How many of you would care to purchase a car that shudders when taking off from a stop and then would you consider it normal? I talked to Ford Customer Service and that was just a waste of a phone call. In a time when we really have to pinch our pennies it just shock's me that a company such as Ford would not offer any assistance to the customer. There is also issues on some with the electronic power steering and people are finding they have to fight hard to get these vehicles fixed. As a new potential owner do you really want to take a chance and hope that you get a good one? Ford stated that thes issues are isloated incidents but yet they turn right around and say it is normal. How can something be a isloated incident and normal at the same time? Ford has lost my business and while this car is very nice in the looks and style department if you have issues after 2 days off the lot and they refuse to fix it I doubt it is really worth owning."

Great car for commuting and for road trips!

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "affordable, good mileage, big trunk, stylish, fun to drive"

Cons: "needs a little more room in the backseat, SYNC needs a hearing aid"

"I bought this car for commuting, then found I like to drive it on the weekends also. My wife likes to drive it and I've received many positive compliments from others who see it and admire it. I thought it would get good mileage and I was right. I has been averaging 34 MPG during some bad commute days - two hours each way every work day. It has nice features and a few little quirks. The transmission makes a little noise when shifting at low speeds, but no problems on the freeway. The interior is nice, but a little cramped for adults in the back seat. The trunk is HUGE. The styling is nice. SYNC needs a little work to understand commands - especially when there is road noise. Also, the turn-by-turn navigation just can't keep up when downtown or driving near high-rise buildings -- all minor stuff overall."

Horrible car!!!

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

"It may sound funny but i have not seen all the complaints until the last couple of weeks. I wish I did before buying this car. I've owned many small ford sedans before, but this has been by far the worst because of its transmission. It's almost embarrassing to drive this car in town. I've had so many problems with the car shuddering and not wanting roll. Strange sounds of clattering and clunking from what sounds like the clutches and heat issues with the transmission. I've made so many complaints and have had many updated and repairs made on this car. I just wish I had bought something different now."