2011 Ford Focus

Based on 461 Ratings for the 2008 - 2011 models.

best gas mileage

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "great fuel saver"

Cons: "tight interior for use big guys, over 6 feet tall."

"No major problems since I bought it. Great car for the money. Getting 35-38 MPG still at 99000 miles."

Best Value For Your Dollars

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Cheap to buy, even cheaper to own. Fun to drive!"

Cons: "No rear disc brakes, Original tires are AWFUL!!"

"I traded my Mustang for this Focus SES and even though I miss having my muscle car, I could not be happier with my Focus. The build quality is so much better than my Mustang so I know I won't have to think so much about reliability issues. It is also much more comfortable than my Mustang which makes it much better for long trips. The gas mileage is WAY underrated by the EPA, so I get more than 35mpg on a regular basis. The sound system is VERY nice for a value car like this. The interior is well-appointed at this price and it has neat features like ambient lighting and SYNC that make some luxury cars look redundant. The driving dynamics for a small car like this are so great. Very good turn-in, predictable lift-off oversteer, and independent rear suspension that keeps you planted over bumps. Not something you see on every car in this class. I am disappointed at the lack of rear disc brakes. Many cars in this class have rear disc brakes which are more efficient and easier to service than drum brakes. From what I've seen, this car is also very safe. There are more airbags in this car than most others at this price point, coupled with Ford's personal safety system my passengers and I feel very safe. My only major complaint are the tires that Ford chose to include on the 17" wheel package. The Kumho Solus tire is absolutely awful in every weather condition and should be replaced IMMEDIATELY with a higher quality tire."

GREAT VALUE

By on Thursday, September 2, 2010

"Ive have really enjoyed this vehicle! The interior is as nice as a lexus and it zips around as well as a jetta or civic, but without the guilt of buying a foreign made vehicle. This car hugs the road and handles like a far more expensive vehicle and the design always gets a few "THATS a focus?" comments. My only problem is that the 2010 has caught my eye so I will probably end up buying a new one just for the look of it. My Mother loves mine so much I think I will let her just take over the payments so I can get my new one. The gas mileage is great (35-40 in an automatic) especially considering how hard I am on a vehicle driving in New England."

Best in Class

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"We looked at & researched the Civic, Corolla, Mazda3, and Elantra. For us, Focus was the best overall. Especially for the price. Getting 26mph around town and got 37mph hwy. Drives nice, and looks good compared to others."

GREAT mpg and Nice ride

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Reason: Too small

Pros: "mpg, comfortable ride, good design"

Cons: "small backseat"

"We owned this car for a few years and LOVED IT! The only reason we had to sell it was we need something bigger in the back for a car seat. We really didn't want to sell it but had to because of it's smaller size. The car was purchased for my wife as a commuter car but we ended up driving it more than our other vehicles when we went places anyway due to it's GREAT mpg! We would get about 30mpg in town and could hit 40mpg on the highway when we had it set on cruise when it was just her and I. If you're looking for a great small car that rides nice and has amazing mpg this is the car for you. The only downfall we found was due to it's small size and light weight it wasn't the best in snow up here in WI but that's expected with any small car."