2009 Ford Focus

Based on 469 Ratings for the 2008 - 2011 models.

Awesome Mileage!

By on Monday, August 6, 2012

Pros: "Great price, mpg"

"Took a cross-country trip & made 40mpg...averages 25-35, with alot of city driving. Great value, very happy with my Focus."

Excellent car. We'll buy another.

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "Price, comfort, gas mileage, quality"

Cons: "Have nothing but praise for this car."

"We typically get 36-37 mpg in our rural area. With steady driving on long trips, we'll see 38 and 39 mpg. The car is very comfortable. We prefer this one for our longer trips over our Lincoln LS...not only for gas mileage, but for comfort as well. Had no mechanical problems with this car. Replaced the tires at about 50,000 miles. We'll buy another."

Fantastic Vehicle

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"I purchased my 08 Focus SES 15 months ago. Previously have driven Toyotas, both Corollas and Camrys. I found the quality of the Focus exceeds the Toyotas. I currently have 17,000 miles on my Focus and have not spent anything to keep it in top shape other than general maintenance. Gas mileage is great. Highway mileage as high as 40 MPG. Performance is much better than I ever imagined. I pull a trailer with a commercial zero turn mower and the Focus tows it without problem, rarely having to down shift from its top gear. I recommend the Focus to anyone who wants a dependable vehicle with low maintenance cost, great gas mileage and attractive styling."

GREAT mpg and Nice ride

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Reason: Too small

Pros: "mpg, comfortable ride, good design"

Cons: "small backseat"

"We owned this car for a few years and LOVED IT! The only reason we had to sell it was we need something bigger in the back for a car seat. We really didn't want to sell it but had to because of it's smaller size. The car was purchased for my wife as a commuter car but we ended up driving it more than our other vehicles when we went places anyway due to it's GREAT mpg! We would get about 30mpg in town and could hit 40mpg on the highway when we had it set on cruise when it was just her and I. If you're looking for a great small car that rides nice and has amazing mpg this is the car for you. The only downfall we found was due to it's small size and light weight it wasn't the best in snow up here in WI but that's expected with any small car."

Very sporty and alot of pick up and go!

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "sporty and fun"

Cons: "seats are not too comfy on long drives."

"Driving in San Antonio traffic, I have had to speed up quickly to get around another car or just get out of a bad spot. My Focus has never stumbled or fell on its face when I put the pedal down! It's a five speed coupe and very fun to drive! With all this driving and zooming around town, I still get 27-28 mpg! On the highway I get 36 mpg."