2008 Ford Focus

Based on 469 Ratings for the 2008 - 2011 models.

Great gas mileage, reliable and cheap to maintain.

By on Friday, April 5, 2013

Pros: "Price, gas mileage, stylish"

Cons: "Suspension noise from time to time"

"I love my Ford Focus. I have owned my 2010 Ford Focus for 4 months now and there is not much I can complain about. I get WONDERFUL gas mileage, its very reliable and cheap to maintain. I switched from a V6 gas guzzling car to this 4 cylinder Ford Focus and I am very impressed. I looked at many other 4 cylinder compact cars similar to the Ford Focus but nothing seemed to match up to the value of this car. I see me driving this car until it falls apart."

best gas mileage

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "great fuel saver"

Cons: "tight interior for use big guys, over 6 feet tall."

"No major problems since I bought it. Great car for the money. Getting 35-38 MPG still at 99000 miles."

Best Value For Your Dollars

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Cheap to buy, even cheaper to own. Fun to drive!"

Cons: "No rear disc brakes, Original tires are AWFUL!!"

"I traded my Mustang for this Focus SES and even though I miss having my muscle car, I could not be happier with my Focus. The build quality is so much better than my Mustang so I know I won't have to think so much about reliability issues. It is also much more comfortable than my Mustang which makes it much better for long trips. The gas mileage is WAY underrated by the EPA, so I get more than 35mpg on a regular basis. The sound system is VERY nice for a value car like this. The interior is well-appointed at this price and it has neat features like ambient lighting and SYNC that make some luxury cars look redundant. The driving dynamics for a small car like this are so great. Very good turn-in, predictable lift-off oversteer, and independent rear suspension that keeps you planted over bumps. Not something you see on every car in this class. I am disappointed at the lack of rear disc brakes. Many cars in this class have rear disc brakes which are more efficient and easier to service than drum brakes. From what I've seen, this car is also very safe. There are more airbags in this car than most others at this price point, coupled with Ford's personal safety system my passengers and I feel very safe. My only major complaint are the tires that Ford chose to include on the 17" wheel package. The Kumho Solus tire is absolutely awful in every weather condition and should be replaced IMMEDIATELY with a higher quality tire."

GREAT VALUE

By on Thursday, September 2, 2010

"Ive have really enjoyed this vehicle! The interior is as nice as a lexus and it zips around as well as a jetta or civic, but without the guilt of buying a foreign made vehicle. This car hugs the road and handles like a far more expensive vehicle and the design always gets a few "THATS a focus?" comments. My only problem is that the 2010 has caught my eye so I will probably end up buying a new one just for the look of it. My Mother loves mine so much I think I will let her just take over the payments so I can get my new one. The gas mileage is great (35-40 in an automatic) especially considering how hard I am on a vehicle driving in New England."

Would buy again

By on Sunday, July 26, 2009

"I just love driving my Ford Focus SE. It handled great in the snow and ice. I dread the winter every year because of the bad weather. I usually have someone come and pick me up for work. That hasnt happened since I bought my focus. Also there is no blind spots when I am driving in traffic. I have recommended this vehicle to numerous people and so far I have convinced 5 people to buy one, they come back and thank me for referring the focus to them."