2005 Ford Focus

7.8

Based on 2027 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

I love my 2002 Ford Focus- UPKEEP IMPORTANT

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "great price, affordable maintenance, easy drive"

Cons: "Paint scratches easy, lack of space"

"I got my car back in 2007 when I graduated high school. I wanted a car that is easy/inexpensive to fix, affordable on gas, and reliable. When I purchased this car, the dealer told me all I need to do is keep up with oil changes and maintenance and it will run like a gem- Probably the best advice! This car has been reliable and I have noticed a lot of perks! 1. It is easy to drive 2. Good vision 3. Affordable to service 4. Spacious trunk 5. Easy to clean 6. It's really easy to get used parts for it (such as a door mirror- had to have replaced before) 7. Break-in lock system (shuts off whole system when car locks) except for cigarette lighter/charging port 8. You absolutely cannot break into the car without breaking the window or wedging the door and unlocking it somehow (so always have a spare key- Jimmy sticks don't work) 9. I can charge my phone in my car after turning it off There are a few things that I don't like about this car as well: 1. Paint scratches EASILY 2. Back seat doors don't open very wide 3. Back seats don't have very much leg room 4. Glove compartment does not have a lock on it (I have my GPS and have never had any issues but I would still like this feature) 5. A lot of the features are made with plastic (armrest compartment latch is flimsy- mine has broken) Overall this car is a great college/after high school car and the Pro's totally outweigh the con's of my awesome car! P.S. If you find a video on youtube on a repair, you could either do it yourself or bargain with a auto-repair shop because you will know how long it will take and what it will cost, etc."

very good vehicle. Poor Dealership

By on Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"leg room minimal otherwise comfortable for tall (6.3 ft.) young adult child. One recall honored with few repairs needed, holds the road well, easy and inexpensive to maintain. Very happy with performance not so with cosmetics. Within a year rust shows on the under carriage even with the Rusty Jones treatment and console between front bucket seats broken. Difficulty wiith dealership to remedy problems appropriately."

I love my car!

By on Monday, June 27, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, great cost at $10,000 new (in 2004)."

Cons: "Very basic, not comfortable for long rides."

"I bought this car new in 2004 with 3 miles on it. I've driven it across the US multiple times, on mountain roads, country roads, stuffed it full of camping gear, and hitched a trailer to it to move from OR to NM. The little car goes and goes, now with more than 155,000 miles on it! Never had any major issues, going to miss it when we sell it soon because we now need more space than the hatchback can provide. Really fun to drive (5-speed manual), easy to park, cheap to fill up. We've had good times, old friend."

I Love this car, best car I have owned yet.

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, cute, sporty little car."

Cons: "Not good to haul a boat or travel trailer."

"I don't put many miles on my car in a year, but this car is a champ. Excellent on gas and great for getting around in busy traffic and easy to park. I have the bright yellow model, and I never lose my car in the parking lot at the mall anymore! Good on the highway and great space to haul groceries, pets, or even patio furniture! I am thinking of selling it instead of trading when I buy a different car, but I will miss my little yellow beauty! I would definitely consider purchasing another Ford Focus. Value and Reliability."

Best car Ive ever owned!

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pros: "Great price, sooooo reliable, I love the style"

Cons: "Kindof uncomfortable so you have to get used to it"

"I bought this car a year ago, I am a young college student that drives frequently, over 60 miles a day and my car is perfect! Nothing has ever ever gone wrong with it! All I need is the oil change and my car is up and ready to go. The only kind of bad thing is it's kind of uncomfortable you have to get used to it & it rattles very easily. My side view mirrors shake when Im parked, and my window handle broke while I was rolling the windows down, but other than that this car is absolutely perfect!"

This car is so reliable and it just keeps on going

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "affordle, reliable, good on gas, strong built,fast"

Cons: "has small emision leak, doesnt effect driving"

"I got a good deal on my 2001 zts focus because it had 240000 miles when I bought it. I was skeptical at first but when I test drove it surprisingly checked out, even with such high miles. This car did not even have a rebuild on the engine or tranny, everything is all original on the engine and tranny. And proud to say I am still driving it and have been for over a year now and It has reached up to 270000 miles now and still going strong. Never left me stranded. In fact when I first bought it I just did a really good tune up on it and I took it on an 11 hour drive and it did absolutely great, with no problems."

Best car ever owned.

By on Friday, September 2, 2016

Pros: "Drive and handling,"

Cons: "Premium Gas, $$ for work being done"

"Never left us on the side of road. Normal maintenance needs to be done and because of the SVT any work took a couple of hours longer."

Economical, stylish, perfect car for the wallet!

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pros: "Price, Fuel Economy, Quick, Roomy Interior"

Cons: "Noisy inside cabin, small glovebox"

"I bought the car April 2011 and have loved the car ever since. It was a great value to buy, fuel economy is excellent and I get 30 MPG. Nothing has gone wrong with the car since I purchased it, reliability is excellent and has impressed me greatly. My only gripe is the engine bay is not well-insulated so there is more engine noise in the cabin that I would like. This is my only complaint, however. I own a ZX4 S so it is the basic model, no bells and whistles, so if you are looking for luxury then this is the wrong place to look. For the money, however, it has all you need. Great car for the budget-conscious. Styling is also impressive, it won't turn lots of heads but it also won't make you recoil in horror. For a compact sedan it has good trunk space, steering is responsive and gives good feedback, and all round I would certainly recommend this car to anyone looking for a wallet-friendly car."

Good value

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "value, handling, relieability"

Cons: "Seats uncomfortable, mirrow don't fold, more power"

"great car for the money. I bought mine with 36,000 and have put over 100,000 miles on it. I have had it for 8 years. I have had to do some mechanical work but that didn't really start until it reached 100k. - new master cylinder about $150, new coil pack $60, new head gasket, $30. Then it has just been the maintenance, tires, fluid, brakes etc. This car does seem to go through tires fairly quick- I think it is a pretty normal trait of the focus. I do not find the front seats comfortable for long trips but overall it has held up great, has been cheap to run, handles sharply, and has been a great car."

My hubby (and I) own this car!!

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "Great price, super fun to drive, versatile, awesome gas mileage"

Cons: "a little bit cheap on the interior..."

"My husband bought this car new with only 8 miles on it. He has put this car through more than you can imagine. It is a 5-speed manual and was driving for 9 years to commute in SF bay area traffic...and used as a small pick-up truck. He has hauled 2 Pontiac 400 engine blocks, front end from a Firebird, and many, many trips to Home Depot for a complete remodel of our home :) Oh and it is super fun to drive! I cannot tell you how versatile this car is! I recommend this car to everyone who wants a little work-horse of a car!"