2005 Ford Focus

7.8

Based on 2027 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

I love my 2002 Ford Focus- UPKEEP IMPORTANT

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "great price, affordable maintenance, easy drive"

Cons: "Paint scratches easy, lack of space"

"I got my car back in 2007 when I graduated high school. I wanted a car that is easy/inexpensive to fix, affordable on gas, and reliable. When I purchased this car, the dealer told me all I need to do is keep up with oil changes and maintenance and it will run like a gem- Probably the best advice! This car has been reliable and I have noticed a lot of perks! 1. It is easy to drive 2. Good vision 3. Affordable to service 4. Spacious trunk 5. Easy to clean 6. It's really easy to get used parts for it (such as a door mirror- had to have replaced before) 7. Break-in lock system (shuts off whole system when car locks) except for cigarette lighter/charging port 8. You absolutely cannot break into the car without breaking the window or wedging the door and unlocking it somehow (so always have a spare key- Jimmy sticks don't work) 9. I can charge my phone in my car after turning it off There are a few things that I don't like about this car as well: 1. Paint scratches EASILY 2. Back seat doors don't open very wide 3. Back seats don't have very much leg room 4. Glove compartment does not have a lock on it (I have my GPS and have never had any issues but I would still like this feature) 5. A lot of the features are made with plastic (armrest compartment latch is flimsy- mine has broken) Overall this car is a great college/after high school car and the Pro's totally outweigh the con's of my awesome car! P.S. If you find a video on youtube on a repair, you could either do it yourself or bargain with a auto-repair shop because you will know how long it will take and what it will cost, etc."

very good vehicle. Poor Dealership

By on Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"leg room minimal otherwise comfortable for tall (6.3 ft.) young adult child. One recall honored with few repairs needed, holds the road well, easy and inexpensive to maintain. Very happy with performance not so with cosmetics. Within a year rust shows on the under carriage even with the Rusty Jones treatment and console between front bucket seats broken. Difficulty wiith dealership to remedy problems appropriately."

I love my car!

By on Monday, June 27, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, great cost at $10,000 new (in 2004)."

Cons: "Very basic, not comfortable for long rides."

"I bought this car new in 2004 with 3 miles on it. I've driven it across the US multiple times, on mountain roads, country roads, stuffed it full of camping gear, and hitched a trailer to it to move from OR to NM. The little car goes and goes, now with more than 155,000 miles on it! Never had any major issues, going to miss it when we sell it soon because we now need more space than the hatchback can provide. Really fun to drive (5-speed manual), easy to park, cheap to fill up. We've had good times, old friend."

I Love this car, best car I have owned yet.

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, cute, sporty little car."

Cons: "Not good to haul a boat or travel trailer."

"I don't put many miles on my car in a year, but this car is a champ. Excellent on gas and great for getting around in busy traffic and easy to park. I have the bright yellow model, and I never lose my car in the parking lot at the mall anymore! Good on the highway and great space to haul groceries, pets, or even patio furniture! I am thinking of selling it instead of trading when I buy a different car, but I will miss my little yellow beauty! I would definitely consider purchasing another Ford Focus. Value and Reliability."

Best car Ive ever owned!

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pros: "Great price, sooooo reliable, I love the style"

Cons: "Kindof uncomfortable so you have to get used to it"

"I bought this car a year ago, I am a young college student that drives frequently, over 60 miles a day and my car is perfect! Nothing has ever ever gone wrong with it! All I need is the oil change and my car is up and ready to go. The only kind of bad thing is it's kind of uncomfortable you have to get used to it & it rattles very easily. My side view mirrors shake when Im parked, and my window handle broke while I was rolling the windows down, but other than that this car is absolutely perfect!"