2001 Ford Focus

7.8

Based on 2024 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Economical, stylish, perfect car for the wallet!

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pros: "Price, Fuel Economy, Quick, Roomy Interior"

Cons: "Noisy inside cabin, small glovebox"

"I bought the car April 2011 and have loved the car ever since. It was a great value to buy, fuel economy is excellent and I get 30 MPG. Nothing has gone wrong with the car since I purchased it, reliability is excellent and has impressed me greatly. My only gripe is the engine bay is not well-insulated so there is more engine noise in the cabin that I would like. This is my only complaint, however. I own a ZX4 S so it is the basic model, no bells and whistles, so if you are looking for luxury then this is the wrong place to look. For the money, however, it has all you need. Great car for the budget-conscious. Styling is also impressive, it won't turn lots of heads but it also won't make you recoil in horror. For a compact sedan it has good trunk space, steering is responsive and gives good feedback, and all round I would certainly recommend this car to anyone looking for a wallet-friendly car."

Solid Commuter Vehicle

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"this is the third Ford Focus owned. All three have been extremely depending and offer comfort, great handling, and good gas mileage around town. I do a great deal of commuting and in-town travel and this car is very well-suited. If reliability and value are what you're after...this is the one."

Best car ever owned.

By on Friday, September 2, 2016

Pros: "Drive and handling,"

Cons: "Premium Gas, $$ for work being done"

"Never left us on the side of road. Normal maintenance needs to be done and because of the SVT any work took a couple of hours longer."

Best Commuting Car I've Had

By on Monday, April 7, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, gas mileage and motor longevity."

Cons: "Manual windows (LX, duh), not much pickup."

"I bought this car 6 months ago with 175,000 for $1500. I feel like I got the best deal! I drive this car 100 miles a day and I plan to do so until this little car can't go anymore. I find myself pricing newer Foci all the time! When this car doesn't run anymore I am DEFINITELY getting a newer one! I love this car even if it doesn't have all the creature comforts of a 2010+ model year. I get great gas mileage (only $35 to fill up!) I get ~335 miles per tank. I wish they made this car in a v6, because the only thing I don't like is the pick up power. There isn't much. :)"

This car is so reliable and it just keeps on going

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "affordle, reliable, good on gas, strong built,fast"

Cons: "has small emision leak, doesnt effect driving"

"I got a good deal on my 2001 zts focus because it had 240000 miles when I bought it. I was skeptical at first but when I test drove it surprisingly checked out, even with such high miles. This car did not even have a rebuild on the engine or tranny, everything is all original on the engine and tranny. And proud to say I am still driving it and have been for over a year now and It has reached up to 270000 miles now and still going strong. Never left me stranded. In fact when I first bought it I just did a really good tune up on it and I took it on an 11 hour drive and it did absolutely great, with no problems."