2013 Ford Focus ST

7.1

Based on 537 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

7.3/10
    7.2/10
    7.5/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

sporty look, cool interiors!!!

By on Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pros: "great looks and awsome interiors...."

Cons: "you'll need to learn how to drive it!"

"Transmission problems? NOT! The dual clutch trans works just fine, the thing with this trans... is that you have to learn how to drive this car. The trick is to drive the car like it was manual, you have to give it a little more gas(rev)thru all the gears and that's the trick. Puerto Rico's roads and traffic are a challenge to save gas, the most I can squeeze out of it is 24 mpg but still Im a proud owner of a 2012 ford focus se. bought it on oct.2012"

Traded in my Beemer for a focus

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Completely redesigned, technology, quality parts"

Cons: "a little tight"

"I never thought I'd get rid of my 328i until the maintinence got unbearable. I never thought I'd see myself in a ford, let alone a FOCUS, but despite its bad rep in my opinion (car and brand) and after test driving the elantra, kia soul, mazda 3, the focus had the best overall value. It has plenty of bells and whistles that my BMW didn't even have. Alhough I do miss my heated leather power seats, these cloth seats are pretty comfortable (s) model. I got a great deal and am very satisfied in the quality and the features. I've had the car for about 5 months now and although I don't use the sync too much, the bluetooth audio and voice commands are a very nice luxury. Like the previous posts, I've managed to go about 2 weeks per fill up on my all highway commute. It tells me on my screen I'm an "eco champion"! Fun car to drive. Hatchback is surprisingly roomy and I think it's the best bang for the buck! Regret not getting the sport or titanium package because I was going practical, but I've fallen in love with the car either way. Oh! and when you pump your gas, no gas cap needed!! You just pump, remove pump, and shut gas door! That little feature is such a nice convenience feature. Just saying."

worst vehicle I've ever had

By on Friday, September 16, 2016

I don't own this car

Pros: "nice convenience features (but we paid for them)"

Cons: "transmission issues that can't be fixed"

"This vehicle has transmission issues that Ford is aware of and has lowered the bar on what is an acceptable performance level to avoid responsibility. It shudders when starting from a stop and the problem gets more noticeable the longer the vehicle is driven. It has been in for service four times with the initial response being to reset the clutch adaptive learning module, to no effect. The last two service visits haven't even produced an attempt to fix the problem, just a notification that the vehicle performs to Fords specifications. This response is despite the fact that the service rep knows exactly what our complaint is when we tell him what the vehicle is. Thus far, the closest they can come to assuming responsibility is to extend the drive train warranty to 10 years, which accomplishes nothing since they are unable or unwilling to do anything about the vehicles issues. In conclusion, this has been the most unsatisfactory vehicle experience I've ever had (and I had a Pontiac Fiero back in the 70's) and I'm stuck driving a defective vehicle or taking a beating on getting out of the lease. It's probably not appropriate to condemn an entire make of cars based on one terrible experience, but if this is Fords idea of customer service, I wouldn't take the risk of dealing with their next problem that's too big to deal with."

Best car in its class

By on Monday, April 7, 2014

"The Good: I have owned the Focus for almost two years. Immediately after buying it, my girlfriend and I took it on a road trip from Ohio to California and back. The car is roomy enough, quiet, gets great gas mileage, is fun to drive, very direct steering and is loaded with features. I perform the regular maintenance myself and have had to do nothing but three oil changes, so my two year cost of ownership is a whopping $120. I average about 34.5 mpg with about 70%/30% city to highway which it well above the EPA estimates. The Bad: I have needed the clutch assembly to be replaced at 18,000 miles (its the auto) but Ford took care of it under warranty. No problems since and from what most are saying now the problem was fixed after seal replacements. Mine was on of the first years in a new revamp, so you have to expect difficulties especially on a new drivetrain. Overall: This has been a great car compared to my 2002 Corolla. It is unbeatable in its class for style, comfort and overall reliability. Do not be afraid of reviews on the automatics, most of the reviews are leftover from when the car was released and the ST stole the show. Take it for a test drive and you will be happy with making the decision of getting yourself one too."

Great car for commuting and for road trips!

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "affordable, good mileage, big trunk, stylish, fun to drive"

Cons: "needs a little more room in the backseat, SYNC needs a hearing aid"

"I bought this car for commuting, then found I like to drive it on the weekends also. My wife likes to drive it and I've received many positive compliments from others who see it and admire it. I thought it would get good mileage and I was right. I has been averaging 34 MPG during some bad commute days - two hours each way every work day. It has nice features and a few little quirks. The transmission makes a little noise when shifting at low speeds, but no problems on the freeway. The interior is nice, but a little cramped for adults in the back seat. The trunk is HUGE. The styling is nice. SYNC needs a little work to understand commands - especially when there is road noise. Also, the turn-by-turn navigation just can't keep up when downtown or driving near high-rise buildings -- all minor stuff overall."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Focus ST near Honolulu. See local deals