• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,403 - $30,172.

10/7.8

Based on 162 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great car, until the engine died

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Reason: Engine Blown

Pros: "Awesome to drive, feels sturdy and safe."

Cons: "Get the water pump checked regularly."

"I bought a 2009 Limited with 53000 miles on it. I was able to drive it for 55000 then the water pump went out and it cracked the block. I will say, those were the best 55000 miles I've ever driven. Completely comfortable, quiet, smooth driving. What I liked most about it was the room, the features and the originality. It feels good to own and drive. It also feels safe when you have your family in it. The blown engine symptoms were a slow chugging and then eventually a loss of all engine power and a sputter out. I'd recommend getting the water pump checked at 90-100k to help avoid this happening to you. I'll miss it, but I was able to sell it and buy a 2014. We'll see how the new one matches up. I'll also be making the just in case appointment when I reach 90k."

Great car but awful on tires and brakes

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Size, comfortable, smooth ride"

Cons: "gas mileage, wear of tires and brakes"

"Overall I have enjoyed my FLEX. It is great for large groups of people and lots of luggage. However, I am on my 3rd set of tires and 3rd set of brakes. I did have a problem about a year ago whereby I had to replace spark plug and coils because the car was "kicking" and not shifting properly. It ended I actually had to replace phazers in the powertrain too. I am having a similar problem right now, but the dealer could not feel it. Besides those issues the car has been great and ideal for a hockey/horse back riding family. Gas mileage is a little disappointing as well.It averages around 19mpg."

One size fits All

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

"I own a 2010 Flex Se with almost 50,000 miles white. I love this vehicle , I am from Michigan and made it through this 2013/2014 unforgettable winter. There hasn't been anything I haven't fit yet inside from both dryer and washer to 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 clockers spaniels trip to the smoky mountains Tennessee. Great recreational car. I will decently keep this was as a winter beater :). Looking forward to the Mustang 2015 . I m a male driver by the way"

Definitely a Family Car!!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Roomy and fun to drive"

Cons: "gas mileage, terrible traction & clearance in snow"

"This car is great for a family of 3 boys and all of their sports equipment!! Love the room and ease of access to the 3rd row!! What's not so great!! 1) Clearance -> with the snow we've had in MI this year - we have gotten stuck a lot!! 2) ->Front wheel drive in the snow!! Horrible traction and can't make it up the slightest incline!!! Lastly -> Gas mileage stinks!! We do a lot of travelling and I'd say at best 16 mpg - with good tires and regular oil changes!!"

Great all around vehicle. Room for Grandkids!

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Has it's own look. Roomy."

Cons: "Might be more vehicle than some need."

"Have had vehicle almost a year and a half. So far it runs smooth and is very comfortable. A lot of vehicle for the money. Insurance rates are very good on these too! A larger vehicle but not overly so. Sits up some but not so much that it's a problem getting in or out of. Gas mileage is good for this size vehicle. Like 15/16 in town and 21/22 on the rode. I'd rather under estimate it as most tend to over state it. Great if you have grandkids or travel with 4-6 people. The parking sensors in the rear are a big plus. Especially for those getting older or less flexible such as yours truly.(:"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25