ZIP code

2012 Ford Flex

Based on 248 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

I wish I had one sooner

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "magnificent cross country travel vehicle"

Cons: "I would like to see more HWY mileage (24 on HWY)"

"2009 Flex SEL FWD, leather seating. This is easily the finest car I have ever owned (of 20+). Tremendous seating comfort for both large adults & smaller children. Easy for adults to sit in the middle row seating, which tilt backs for comfort. The vehicle 'feels' larger inside than it is, & we have taken many cross country trips in it without complaint. The styling is unique, & the control cluster (we opted for manual controls vs the touch screen) is logical & easy to use both day/night. The kids especially enjoy the rear air/heat separate controls and the wireless headphone DVD system. This is a complex & most useful entertainment system that can support the driver listening to the radio in the front, kids watching a DVD in the back AND on a separate wireless headphone channel other kids listening to CDs or a different radio channel. My previous car was a V-8 & believe the power of this V-6 is roughly equivalent, with more than adequate power on mountain roads heavily loaded with people & luggage for vacation (but we do not tow). It is easy to drive & handles well when asked to, characteristically it handles much closer to a solid sedan rather than to a mini-van or SUV. The FWD is competent & sure footed in Michigan climates. We have had no mechanical issues other than routine maintenance in the first 100K miles, & it has held up cosmetically very well. What is not to love?"

Satisfied 2011 Flex SE owner

By on Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage,smooth quiet drive,fun to drive"

"I decided to trade in my 2004 Jaguar XJ8. I went looking for a crossover that was comfortable and roomy. I wanted lots of standard features and great gas mileage. After my test drive I was sold on the Flex SE. The base model had everything I wanted. The only options it had were roof rails,tow package,sync,and second row club seats. It list at 32,000 and i was able to purchase it for 24,000. It is very quiet and fun to drive. I am completely satisfied with my Flex and would encourage anyone looking for a crossover/suv to consider the Flex."

Love my Flex!

By on Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, Looks good, Great for trips"

Cons: "average 20mpg"

"This car is so comfortable! It's amazing. I am only 5 feet tall and I can comfortably drive it. My husband is 6'4" and he can drive it with extra head room. The seat adjusts perfectly for both of us. The seats are plush and comfortable. The refrigerator in the back is great for trips with our infant daughter (I thought it was silly at first, but now I love it). The navigation system is a must. Can't live without it now. The gas mileage isn't great, but it's good for a car of this size and weight. This is the best on long car trips. We got DVDs in the headrest. What more could you want?"

Fabulous Car

By on Saturday, April 23, 2011

"I have owned and driven my 2010 Ford Flex Limited for the past 15 months. A sheer pleasure best describes my experience. It is an extremely well engineered car, is true luxury in every sense of the word and the V6 ecoboost engine has power to spare and if I choose I can leave them in the dust and outperform most vehicles on the road. It is a strikingly beautiful car, and at least twice a week I receive compliments from total strangers in parking lots, a gas station, malls and restaurants. I use my Flex for my construction business, and when I fold down the seats the cargo capacity is almost equal to a small pick up truck and allows me to make emergency material pickups thereby eliminating down time for my expensive skilled trade employees. I have driven 800 mile trips to Cape Cod with passengers and all of us where completely comfortable for the entire trip. Gas economy for city driving is not the most efficient and a little low, but it is a small price to pay for all the benefits and value this car adds to my life and my business."

Would buy one again!

By on Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"I drive an active family of five--and love this vehicle for its roominess, comfort and drive-ability. Used to drive a smaller SUV--and the Ford Flex is an amazing alternative--with more cargo room, easy to use fold down seats (with lots of different configurations) and much better gas mileage. The flex is the first vehicle I have ever driven that I said I would buy another one! Two small drawbacks--the flex needs a bigger gas tank--it also has a significant side blind spot--other than that--It is awesome!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Flex near Honolulu. See local deals