2012 Ford Flex

Based on 251 Ratings for the 2009 - 2018 models.

Best vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Pros: "price, fund to drive"

"Purchased a 2013 Limited, best vehicle ever. Comes loaded with Park Assist for those that can't parallel park. Great in tight situations. The adaptive cruise is phenomenal, slows down when it gets close to traffic (distance adjustable). Now the warning sensors will keep you on your toes if you get too close and forget to brake. Now the six seater is the way to go with the front driver and passenger seat with a/c blowing up your hi-nee, freaking awesome. The refrigerator/freezer in the second row worth having on road trips. The Flex rides like a sedan but has the looks of a Chevy Tahoe lower version but has more rear space with the third row up than a Tahoe. The towing capacity is awesome had the biggest U haul trailer you can rent hooked onto the back."

Roomy, comfortable, functional

By on Sunday, May 29, 2016

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable, good for long trips"

Cons: "Price was a bit high"

"The Flex is the roomiest SUV in its class. Adults have great comfort in the front 2 rows. It rides comfortably, has adequate power with the standard engine and provides good fuel economy for a vehicle this size."

The Flex is a vehicle with 'character'

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pros: "comfortable ride, all the great gadgets"

Cons: "a little pricey but our car dealer made us a deal"

"Our Flex is loaded with all options so it does everything. The GAP adaptive cruise control is a must have. Spacious to almost a limo feel. I am 6'5" with plenty of leg and head room even in the second and third row seats. My eight year old presses a button to fold a second row seat so she can sit in the third row seat with her feet up on the folded second row seat. The ride is great. Kinda like going down the road in a lazy boy recliner."

Wonderful

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "comfort, roomy, good gas mileage, unique styling"

Cons: "I haven't found any"

"We have taken our Flex on several road trips, one with six people, and we do not have one complaint. We have been getting around 20 mpg in the city and 25 highway. Our family loves being able to hook up our MP3 players to listen to our own music and also listen to the satellite radio. As the primary driver and the mom of our family I tend to recieve many phone calls. I love being able to bluetooth my phone to the vehicle and recieve or make a call handsfree. To me this is an awesome safety feature. The heated seats are great in the winter. I would and have recommended the Flex to anyone who is willing to listen."

A Complete and Versatile Vehicle

By on Monday, November 2, 2015

Pros: "Great all-around car"

Cons: "Expensive to by brand new"

"My 2013 Flex has to be one of the best vehicle purchases I've made. And here's why: >Interior. Roomy and comfortable for the driver and passengers. Third row seat is easily accessible and useable by adults. Materials are upscale and pleasant to look at and touch. Vista roof opens up the cabin. Controls are easy to use and ergonomically designed. Dials and guages are easy to read and adjustable. I actually like the Sync with MyFord Touch system. The touchscreen was a little sluggish, but a recent software upgrade fixed that. Technology that comes in handy:rear camera, rear back-up sensor, and adaptive cruise control. The collision warning and park assist are gimmicky, in my opinion. >Exterior. I find it to be a handsome car with nice lines. The 20" polished wheels and chrome exhaust tips are nice touch. You definitely will stand out and won't be mistaken for any other vehicle! >Powertrain. The twin-turbo V6 delivers big, smooth power. The AWD system inspires confidence. The transmission has an available "Sport" mode which gives quciker shifts and holds gears. At the stop light and on the highway, not many vehicles can match the Flex's performance. >Summary. The Flex has it all: it is a sports car, luxury car, and SUV all rolled into one."

LOVE IT

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "easy and fun to drive, peppy engine"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"Its wonderful, dives like a car, but holds cargo like a minivan. We used to own a minivan and needed something we could tow with and the flex was perfect. The kids can get in and out easily even from the third row. The fuel economy is not impressive (i have heard it got better in later years). I would buy it all over again! Engine is peppy and towing does not make it feel under powered."

Love this car!

By on Sunday, July 6, 2014

Pros: "Great car all around"

Cons: "Seats might be a little more "cushy""

"I have owned over 80 vehicles in my life and this is one of the most adaptable cars I have ever owned. It has about everything. Handles reasonably, comfortable to drive, can carry just about anything up to a small horse and gets pretty fair mileage to boot. We have towed small trailers with it and have used the Flex as a dinghy behind our motorhome. It has more electronics than the Space Shuttle and they all work very well. I have people walk up to me in parking lots and ask lots of questions about it. How many other production cars get that? I'd buy another in a minute."

It's Cool, Unique and it versatility is endless.

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good horsepower, great brakes, safe"

Cons: "Gas mileage, ammeneties missing for high price."

"Pros: * Legroom for all seven seats. * Plenty of horsepower for the size. * Drives like a car. * Not a single thing has gone wrong. * Second row outboard belts have airbags. Cons: * Gas mileage * Tilt Telescope wheel is an option for an expensive vehicle. * My touch takes some getting used to. The 2013 Flex Limited is an unbelievable vehicle. When you first look at it it gives you pause. Then the front says Range Rover and the back says "There's no one like me!" It's size is deceiving as it does look pretty big the closer you get but once you get into the back seat or the third row, everyone has leg room and lots of it. This isn't a minivan or a SUV; it's in a class of its own. Ours has the latest model with the second row outboard belts with airbags. Ours has four sun roofs and the My Touch does get easier to use when you get used to it. I wish it got get gas mileage but COD isn't the main design purpose for this vehicle. Get into the drivers seat, turn around and you'll be blown away with how much room you have. Get one, you will not ever regret it."

I wish I had one sooner

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "magnificent cross country travel vehicle"

Cons: "I would like to see more HWY mileage (24 on HWY)"

"2009 Flex SEL FWD, leather seating. This is easily the finest car I have ever owned (of 20+). Tremendous seating comfort for both large adults & smaller children. Easy for adults to sit in the middle row seating, which tilt backs for comfort. The vehicle 'feels' larger inside than it is, & we have taken many cross country trips in it without complaint. The styling is unique, & the control cluster (we opted for manual controls vs the touch screen) is logical & easy to use both day/night. The kids especially enjoy the rear air/heat separate controls and the wireless headphone DVD system. This is a complex & most useful entertainment system that can support the driver listening to the radio in the front, kids watching a DVD in the back AND on a separate wireless headphone channel other kids listening to CDs or a different radio channel. My previous car was a V-8 & believe the power of this V-6 is roughly equivalent, with more than adequate power on mountain roads heavily loaded with people & luggage for vacation (but we do not tow). It is easy to drive & handles well when asked to, characteristically it handles much closer to a solid sedan rather than to a mini-van or SUV. The FWD is competent & sure footed in Michigan climates. We have had no mechanical issues other than routine maintenance in the first 100K miles, & it has held up cosmetically very well. What is not to love?"

Love my Flex!

By on Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, Looks good, Great for trips"

Cons: "average 20mpg"

"This car is so comfortable! It's amazing. I am only 5 feet tall and I can comfortably drive it. My husband is 6'4" and he can drive it with extra head room. The seat adjusts perfectly for both of us. The seats are plush and comfortable. The refrigerator in the back is great for trips with our infant daughter (I thought it was silly at first, but now I love it). The navigation system is a must. Can't live without it now. The gas mileage isn't great, but it's good for a car of this size and weight. This is the best on long car trips. We got DVDs in the headrest. What more could you want?"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Flex near Honolulu. See local deals