2011 Ford Flex

Based on 249 Ratings for the 2009 - 2018 models.

Best vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Pros: "price, fund to drive"

"Purchased a 2013 Limited, best vehicle ever. Comes loaded with Park Assist for those that can't parallel park. Great in tight situations. The adaptive cruise is phenomenal, slows down when it gets close to traffic (distance adjustable). Now the warning sensors will keep you on your toes if you get too close and forget to brake. Now the six seater is the way to go with the front driver and passenger seat with a/c blowing up your hi-nee, freaking awesome. The refrigerator/freezer in the second row worth having on road trips. The Flex rides like a sedan but has the looks of a Chevy Tahoe lower version but has more rear space with the third row up than a Tahoe. The towing capacity is awesome had the biggest U haul trailer you can rent hooked onto the back."

Roomy, comfortable, functional

By on Sunday, May 29, 2016

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable, good for long trips"

Cons: "Price was a bit high"

"The Flex is the roomiest SUV in its class. Adults have great comfort in the front 2 rows. It rides comfortably, has adequate power with the standard engine and provides good fuel economy for a vehicle this size."

The Flex is a vehicle with 'character'

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pros: "comfortable ride, all the great gadgets"

Cons: "a little pricey but our car dealer made us a deal"

"Our Flex is loaded with all options so it does everything. The GAP adaptive cruise control is a must have. Spacious to almost a limo feel. I am 6'5" with plenty of leg and head room even in the second and third row seats. My eight year old presses a button to fold a second row seat so she can sit in the third row seat with her feet up on the folded second row seat. The ride is great. Kinda like going down the road in a lazy boy recliner."

WOW Love It

By on Saturday, December 31, 2016

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "No Truck Bed"

"Never owned a Ford before - This Flex Rocks I am not easily impressed, I only have 16,000 mile on it But by far the best ride and driving vehicle i have ever owned. I am 61 years old, have had a all types of cars trucks suv's Don't understand how i missing out or hearing about this wagon/suv/crossover Not sure what u call it. But we all are very happy, very very comfortable, easy to drive. lots lots of room. other than not having a truck bed it completes me."

Wonderful

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "comfort, roomy, good gas mileage, unique styling"

Cons: "I haven't found any"

"We have taken our Flex on several road trips, one with six people, and we do not have one complaint. We have been getting around 20 mpg in the city and 25 highway. Our family loves being able to hook up our MP3 players to listen to our own music and also listen to the satellite radio. As the primary driver and the mom of our family I tend to recieve many phone calls. I love being able to bluetooth my phone to the vehicle and recieve or make a call handsfree. To me this is an awesome safety feature. The heated seats are great in the winter. I would and have recommended the Flex to anyone who is willing to listen."

A Complete and Versatile Vehicle

By on Monday, November 2, 2015

Pros: "Great all-around car"

Cons: "Expensive to by brand new"

"My 2013 Flex has to be one of the best vehicle purchases I've made. And here's why: >Interior. Roomy and comfortable for the driver and passengers. Third row seat is easily accessible and useable by adults. Materials are upscale and pleasant to look at and touch. Vista roof opens up the cabin. Controls are easy to use and ergonomically designed. Dials and guages are easy to read and adjustable. I actually like the Sync with MyFord Touch system. The touchscreen was a little sluggish, but a recent software upgrade fixed that. Technology that comes in handy:rear camera, rear back-up sensor, and adaptive cruise control. The collision warning and park assist are gimmicky, in my opinion. >Exterior. I find it to be a handsome car with nice lines. The 20" polished wheels and chrome exhaust tips are nice touch. You definitely will stand out and won't be mistaken for any other vehicle! >Powertrain. The twin-turbo V6 delivers big, smooth power. The AWD system inspires confidence. The transmission has an available "Sport" mode which gives quciker shifts and holds gears. At the stop light and on the highway, not many vehicles can match the Flex's performance. >Summary. The Flex has it all: it is a sports car, luxury car, and SUV all rolled into one."

LOVE IT

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "easy and fun to drive, peppy engine"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"Its wonderful, dives like a car, but holds cargo like a minivan. We used to own a minivan and needed something we could tow with and the flex was perfect. The kids can get in and out easily even from the third row. The fuel economy is not impressive (i have heard it got better in later years). I would buy it all over again! Engine is peppy and towing does not make it feel under powered."

Love this car!

By on Sunday, July 6, 2014

Pros: "Great car all around"

Cons: "Seats might be a little more "cushy""

"I have owned over 80 vehicles in my life and this is one of the most adaptable cars I have ever owned. It has about everything. Handles reasonably, comfortable to drive, can carry just about anything up to a small horse and gets pretty fair mileage to boot. We have towed small trailers with it and have used the Flex as a dinghy behind our motorhome. It has more electronics than the Space Shuttle and they all work very well. I have people walk up to me in parking lots and ask lots of questions about it. How many other production cars get that? I'd buy another in a minute."

It's Cool, Unique and it versatility is endless.

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good horsepower, great brakes, safe"

Cons: "Gas mileage, ammeneties missing for high price."

"Pros: * Legroom for all seven seats. * Plenty of horsepower for the size. * Drives like a car. * Not a single thing has gone wrong. * Second row outboard belts have airbags. Cons: * Gas mileage * Tilt Telescope wheel is an option for an expensive vehicle. * My touch takes some getting used to. The 2013 Flex Limited is an unbelievable vehicle. When you first look at it it gives you pause. Then the front says Range Rover and the back says "There's no one like me!" It's size is deceiving as it does look pretty big the closer you get but once you get into the back seat or the third row, everyone has leg room and lots of it. This isn't a minivan or a SUV; it's in a class of its own. Ours has the latest model with the second row outboard belts with airbags. Ours has four sun roofs and the My Touch does get easier to use when you get used to it. I wish it got get gas mileage but COD isn't the main design purpose for this vehicle. Get into the drivers seat, turn around and you'll be blown away with how much room you have. Get one, you will not ever regret it."

I wish I had one sooner

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "magnificent cross country travel vehicle"

Cons: "I would like to see more HWY mileage (24 on HWY)"

"2009 Flex SEL FWD, leather seating. This is easily the finest car I have ever owned (of 20+). Tremendous seating comfort for both large adults & smaller children. Easy for adults to sit in the middle row seating, which tilt backs for comfort. The vehicle 'feels' larger inside than it is, & we have taken many cross country trips in it without complaint. The styling is unique, & the control cluster (we opted for manual controls vs the touch screen) is logical & easy to use both day/night. The kids especially enjoy the rear air/heat separate controls and the wireless headphone DVD system. This is a complex & most useful entertainment system that can support the driver listening to the radio in the front, kids watching a DVD in the back AND on a separate wireless headphone channel other kids listening to CDs or a different radio channel. My previous car was a V-8 & believe the power of this V-6 is roughly equivalent, with more than adequate power on mountain roads heavily loaded with people & luggage for vacation (but we do not tow). It is easy to drive & handles well when asked to, characteristically it handles much closer to a solid sedan rather than to a mini-van or SUV. The FWD is competent & sure footed in Michigan climates. We have had no mechanical issues other than routine maintenance in the first 100K miles, & it has held up cosmetically very well. What is not to love?"

Love my Flex!

By on Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, Looks good, Great for trips"

Cons: "average 20mpg"

"This car is so comfortable! It's amazing. I am only 5 feet tall and I can comfortably drive it. My husband is 6'4" and he can drive it with extra head room. The seat adjusts perfectly for both of us. The seats are plush and comfortable. The refrigerator in the back is great for trips with our infant daughter (I thought it was silly at first, but now I love it). The navigation system is a must. Can't live without it now. The gas mileage isn't great, but it's good for a car of this size and weight. This is the best on long car trips. We got DVDs in the headrest. What more could you want?"

Fabulous Car

By on Saturday, April 23, 2011

"I have owned and driven my 2010 Ford Flex Limited for the past 15 months. A sheer pleasure best describes my experience. It is an extremely well engineered car, is true luxury in every sense of the word and the V6 ecoboost engine has power to spare and if I choose I can leave them in the dust and outperform most vehicles on the road. It is a strikingly beautiful car, and at least twice a week I receive compliments from total strangers in parking lots, a gas station, malls and restaurants. I use my Flex for my construction business, and when I fold down the seats the cargo capacity is almost equal to a small pick up truck and allows me to make emergency material pickups thereby eliminating down time for my expensive skilled trade employees. I have driven 800 mile trips to Cape Cod with passengers and all of us where completely comfortable for the entire trip. Gas economy for city driving is not the most efficient and a little low, but it is a small price to pay for all the benefits and value this car adds to my life and my business."

quiet!!!!

By on Friday, August 13, 2010

"we bought this USED car becuase it was a steal with only 20k on it. We got a great deal. and, the dealer put four BRAND new tires on it, we bought a 6 year warranty on it, and it was SUPER clean. BUT MOST OF ALL, IT IS SO QUIET. ROAD NOISE IS VIRTUALLY GONE!!!!"

Nice ride, spacious interior, great in the snow,

By on Saturday, April 29, 2017

Pros: "spacious, great Michigan car, durable,"

Cons: "replacement tires are expensive, no hitch,"

"Got the Flex when they were fairly new on the market. Love the interior space and optional 3rd seat. Gas mileage is pretty reasonable for a larger vehicle. Ive owned it for 7 years and always used it for long trips because it fit luggage and 4 people very comfortably. Dependable in the winter and on dirt roads. I always have people ask me how I like the vehicle and ask for feedback. I tell them its a great vehicle. Friends had a van and sold it to get a Flex because it had more room than the van and handled better in the winter."

Satisfied 2011 Flex SE owner

By on Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage,smooth quiet drive,fun to drive"

"I decided to trade in my 2004 Jaguar XJ8. I went looking for a crossover that was comfortable and roomy. I wanted lots of standard features and great gas mileage. After my test drive I was sold on the Flex SE. The base model had everything I wanted. The only options it had were roof rails,tow package,sync,and second row club seats. It list at 32,000 and i was able to purchase it for 24,000. It is very quiet and fun to drive. I am completely satisfied with my Flex and would encourage anyone looking for a crossover/suv to consider the Flex."

Would buy one again!

By on Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"I drive an active family of five--and love this vehicle for its roominess, comfort and drive-ability. Used to drive a smaller SUV--and the Ford Flex is an amazing alternative--with more cargo room, easy to use fold down seats (with lots of different configurations) and much better gas mileage. The flex is the first vehicle I have ever driven that I said I would buy another one! Two small drawbacks--the flex needs a bigger gas tank--it also has a significant side blind spot--other than that--It is awesome!"

Good car but having some quailty issues...

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, stylish"

Cons: "Poor quality of materials"

"I purchased this car with 26,000 miles on it from a local Ford dealer. The first problem I had was the drivers side rear seat latch was broken/stuck, I could not put the seat down to gain access to the 3rd row seats from that side. I looked online and found out that this is a common problem. I took the car back to the dealership and they ordered the part and replaced a month later when the part finally came in. The passenger door lock sticks when you press the unlock button, this is very annoying when someone is waiting for you to unlock the door and get in. Probably the worst thing is the Sony radio (base unit) the high tones fade in and out, it's like someone's playing with the teble. I took the car back to the dealership and they replaced the radio, but it didn't fix the problem. The chrome on the front grill has started to peel of and now that the car is out of warrenty I guess I'm stuck with it. On a brighter note, the car drives and runs great. It has tons of room for me and my children."

Awesome Wagon

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "Excellent all-around utility vehicle."

"My wife and I have owned many SUVs and cross-overs, and this one is, by far, our favorite. The functionality, the driving dynamics, the comfort, and the appearance are all very appealing to us. People routinely complement the exterior of the car, but when people ride in it, they rave about it. We have the 2nd row bucket seats with a center console and riding in the back is akin to riding in a limo. We regularly road trip over 1,000 miles and this car makes it a breeze. Our lease is up in a few months and the only decision to be made is whether to buy this one off-lease or to purchase a new one."

awesome

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cons: "poor carpet wear in the cargo area"

"owned 4 cayennes, 2 ml's, and 2 X-5's....better than ANY of them"

Will own a Flex Forever

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Space, performance and confort."

Cons: "Hard to let go."

"Me and my Wife purchased this SUV new in 2009 and it is hands down the best vehicle we have ever owned. Everyone we have had the opportunity to enjoy a night on the town with it love it and want it."

We love our Flex!

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "Comfy Ride, Vista Roof"

Cons: "20 highway MPG"

"We own a 2010 Flex Limited. The cool console is great for the kids. The only option we did not get is the DVD player entertainment package. The sync system is awesome with the text to talk feature for my wife's Driod phone. We owned a 2005 Chevy Tahoe, so I was sceptical when buying the Flex. I loved the Tahoe, but don't miss putting $120 in the tank everytime it was empty. The Flex gas mileage is around 20 mpg on the interstate at 75 miles an hour. I drive the Flex 33 miles everyday to and from work, so we have high miles on it already, but I would not trade it for anything else. Our kids love taking road trips in our flex."

Great family car

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "roomy and comfortable"

Cons: "sound quality on sync"

"I have had the Flex for almost 3 years. It has been a great car, travels awesome! Gas milage is good for the size. Not the best FWD in snow my only driving complaint. Rear parking aid has stopped working, do no know why and is not covered under warranty. Too big of a vehicle for a short person to drive unassisted."

Very reliable.

By on Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pros: "Smooth, roomy and quiet. Good for long trips."

Cons: "Some cheap parts here and there."

"One thing has gone wrong so far. The cheap plastic latch the secures the center console next to the drivers seat is broken. Other than that this has been my most reliable car to date. Smooth riding, quiet interior and comfortable. Long drives are a breeze. Good value but I think everything is overpriced so that's why I give it 4/5."

2010 Flex EcoBoost Crossover

By on Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"Outstanding vehicle. This vehicle came loaded with every available option, including refrigerator. Looks, comfort, carrying capacity, all outstanding. Even gas mileage is great for a large vehicle. We get 24-25 mpg at 70mph with air conditioning running. Average for around town/hiway is 21-22 mpg. Rear two rows of seats lay flat, we carry up to four large dog crates for going to dog shows. Can't beat it."

Excellant for families but still fun to drive

By on Monday, April 26, 2010

"LOVE LOVE LOVE our Flex! Pretty good MPG (25+) on trips, much better than the Trailblazer we had before. Lots of get up and go on take off. Smooth and quiet ride. Generous middle seat, 6 foot adults have plenty of leg room, and the headrest DVD's are a blessing with the kids. We had no problems setting the SYNC system up with our phones. The only thing that I wish is that there was more cargo room when the third row is in use. There is not much space. The deep wells do help with this, but with 4 kids, everyone needs to pack light. I would absolutely buy this car again."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Flex near Honolulu. See local deals