• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2013 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,691 - $14,086.

10/7.3

7.8

Based on 148 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Best car in it's class.

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage, Style and drive for price, Safety"

Cons: "None so far"

"Initially, I wanted the Honda Fit but ultimately decided on a Ford Fiesta. 6 months later, I am still very happy. Here's how and why... Before purchasing this car, I test drove the Smart Car, the Toyota Yaris, and the Honda Fit. I narrowed it down to these three cars after watching driver videos, reading owner reviews and researching about 8 different models in the economy class. It came down to the Honda Fit and the Ford Fiesta. I chose the Ford Fiesta 5-Door Hatchback SE over the Honda Fit because the Fiesta had better acceleration, a better ride, and more attractive styling. The body lines are classier looking than the boxy Fit. I felt like the Fiesta was a more mature car that I could live with and it didn't scream economy car. Actually, it doesn't even state economy car...many other reviewers said this and I found it to be true also. The interior is sharp. Also with the Honda Fit, I foresaw aggravation with trying to get on the highway whereas with the Ford Fiesta it didn't seem like it was going to be a problem, and indeed it has not been. Another reason I found the Ford Fiesta to be better than the Fit is that the Fiesta is one of only two cars in the Minicar category at IIHS that is a Top Safety Pick. Besides the fact that it is a safer car, this rating also lowers insurance payments on the Fiesta. After having driven the Fiesta for a while now there are some real things to love. I get BETTER gas mileage in the city than the window sticker states. The window sticker says 29, I regularly am getting 31-32. The tight turning radius is great, really it'll surprise you. The auto-manual has been smooth (you have to break it in properly, but even if you don't the dealer can reset it and you can retrain it with smooth driving for a 1000 miles) and the acceleration, for an economy car, is great. On the highway this car is comfortable. The cabin is tight and quiet (the opposite seems to be true with the Fit.) I feel like Ford hit a winner with this one. Finally something better than the Honda Fit. I think they created a comfortable, polished, and gas mileage friendly driving car. Oh and one last thing...I was pleasantly surprised to find the maintenance required is the least of any car I have owned! I felt compelled to write a review because I am very happy with this car."

Terrible choice

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Easy to park"

Cons: "Space, mileage, driving experience"

"When I purchased my Ford Fiesta, I thought I was going to get a comfortable ride with decent get-up-and-go and "sporty" dynamics. What I got was lackluster acceleration that decelerates when going up a hill, severely cramped interior space with more than one person inside, and my biggest complaint, the TERRIBLE gas mileage. My mileage is currently 21 in the city, 22.5 on the highway (using 91 octane pump gas). Just as good as my previous car, which I traded in because the mileage was a concern to me. Overall, avoid the Fiesta, most other choices are better."

This is a luxury car with an economy price!

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

"This car drives and handles like a much more expensive vehicle and it gets 36mpg in town and 44mpg on the highway!"

This ain't your father's Fiesta

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Fuel economy, Sync, price, agility, easy to park"

Cons: "Legroom a little tight in the back"

"If there is one American car that threatens the dominance of Japanese car makers in the US market, the Ford Fiesta is it. I used to own a Honda Civic sedan that I traded in for this, and the Fiesta could present serious competition to the current Civic (which is a class above the Fiesta, the Fit, etc.) notwithstanding the price difference (advantage Fiesta, obviously), and size difference (advantage Civic). I bought the Fiesta for its superb fuel economy, fantastic handling, maneuverability, Sync hands free system, and the affordability factor. Not only does it live up to expectations or better in every one of those departments, my SE sedan is stylish and does not look or drive like a cheap car. So far I have been enjoying it tremendously."

Fantastic small car.

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Drives like a sports car. Great Mileage."

Cons: "Don't have any."

"Drives like a sports car. Have logged mileage up to 48MPG Hwy. Usually around 36 around town. hybrid mileage without the complication. The leather front seats are more comfortable than most luxury cars I've owned or rented. Back seat is small (as expected in a sporty sub-compact)."