• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2013 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,691 - $14,086.

10/7.3

7.8

Based on 148 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

love it first bran new car that ive owned

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, love sync"

"first bran new car ive owned but ive had just about everything from a coupe to a f150 this thing handles like a dream great mpg im getting about 30 mix but mostly highway driving"

Awful for daily use

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Great track car"

Cons: "Most people don't work at a track"

"Absolute worst purchase decision I've made. The car is a blast to drive. That's it. The fun stops there. There is nothing convenient about this car or the Sync system."

Has major shudder problems

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Steers well"

Cons: "Shudder problem, hard to navigate dash"

"My Fiesta has 26,000 miles and there was a shudder problem from the get go. When going from stop to start the car shudders like slamming on the ABS brakes. Took in three times and did what Ford corporate told the mechanics to do: recalibrate, then check bolt, then look for grounding problem. Nothing worked. Why? Ford will only reimburse a dealer for clutch/transmission problems if they reach "critical" levels. They refuse to do a recall b/c that would cost them millions. They have customers come in multiple times by extending the drive train to 60,000 miles. That shuts up consumers until they are forced to dump their lemons."

Cute, fast car but expensive repairs

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "eye-catching and pretty, drives nicely."

Cons: "repeated problems with the computer systems"

"Just beyond its regular warranty, this car needed expensive repairs — more than $3,000 worth. It looks good. It is fun to drive. But it has computer problems that make it costly to service and difficult to take in for repairs at the local garage. What you've heard about the Fiesta. It's all hype."

Really a fun car to drive

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Driver arm rest small no arm rest for passenger."

"It has power to pass and go up mountain passes quickly with no effort. Love to drive on highway. In town it is great - always can find a spot to park in. It doesn't need a lot of room. It is a really good looking car."

Great car

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mpg, great power"

"Got this car on a lease, then bought it. This is the best car I've ever owned, and I'm 66 years young. Consistently gets 40 mpg. I'll drive this until the wheels fall off."

sofarnoproblemsgoodongas.

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage"

Cons: "leg room"

"been a good car the drivers seat could go back a little farther great on gas 36/47 miles per gallon depending on how you drive love it."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive is an understatement"

Cons: "Can't think of any right now"

"I had a 2011 fiesta with a 5 speed manual, and traded it for a 2014 SE with the Powershift option....what a car! I just love it...the Powershift for 2014 works perfectly(I know it got slammed with earlier versions). I use it in S mode a lot, and have not had a problem with it. In fact, I couldn't be happier...ned"

Great fuel economy. Transmission is annoying

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

"Great fuel economy. Easy and comfortable drive. Invisible to cops. Funky transmission works OK and gives great milage but I have concerns for reliability"

Mexico's best Ford ever.

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Super Gas mileage, fast"

Cons: "seat adjustment - hard til get used to it"

"My Fiesta is best Ford I have driven and safest since the Escort days of fast save and comfy. For small car it very smooth at 100 mph and cant beat 50 mpg I get on trips when cruise set on 65. Very depend and very comfortable to drive."

Not bad for an econo-box

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "overall cost, fuel mileage, handling, trunk is ok"

Cons: "Small cabin- ok commuter, not a family car"

"The Fiesta is good on gas and handles well for a car in this class. I have had no problems the present mileage of 64,000. I do have the 5 speed. I drive it 180 miles a day at 70-80 mph. Fuel mileage is best at 70-75 and below, where it can get 37-39 MPG."

Please go with something else

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "SYNC is cool"

Cons: "everything else is sub par for the price paid"

"To everyone considering a Ford Fiesta, I don’t rant, I don’t complain and I certainly wouldn’t put down comments like this in places like this if it weren’t an actual concern of mine. I want to help you make this important decision. Please skip to the last 2 paragraphs if you don’t want the whole story, I can be a bit of a story teller. I was a huge Ford follower. My two previous cars were ford (escape and explorer) and I’ve enjoyed their quality vehicles and reputation for years up until a few month after purchasing my Fiesta SE. I was looking to buy a new car because my escape had +180k miles on it and was looking to be up for a major repair soon. Being that I just moved and started a new job, a major repair was the last thing I needed, so I decided to go car shopping. After searching for a decent fuel efficient vehicle for a few weeks (compact was fine, I travel a lot), I settled on a Fiesta SE. The first few months were great, nothing out of the ordinary, I drove a lot so by month 6, I had 11,000 miles on it. About that time I had to make a business trip to Las Vegas. The drive up there was flawless, I enjoyed the USB voice activated music system (Sync) the entire way. The trip back is when my nightmare began. On a routine hill, something any car should be able to handle, the car suddenly lost power. It was as if it didn’t want to shift and simply couldn’t pull the car up the hill. With so many large big rigs flying by at 75 mph, my speed dropping from 75mph to 45 mph within seconds became incredibly dangerous, I ended up having to drive in the breakdown lane till I somehow managed to make it to the top of the hill. Although I was in the middle of nowhere, 45 min out from hoover dam and an hour to Kingman, I spotted a rundown gas station in the distance. I don’t know how, but I managed to coast/accelerate the car just enough to pull it in there and call the Ford emergency repair. They were amazing, polite and did what they could to help me, although it’s promised to get a tow truck to you within an hour, I waited almost 3 hours before the tow truck arrived, reluctantly paying $4 for a coke and $3 for a snickers to help pass the time by. The tow back and the experience at the dealership when I pulled my car in was fine, they did what they should, were courteous and offered to take me to a hotel while they figure out what’s going on, telling me to keep my receipt in the event Ford will reimburse me for hotel costs. The next day I was picked up and returned to the dealership, where I was told the timing belt had snapped, wrapped around the cam shaft and pulled it out enough to where they will need to both replace the camshaft, but also re-time the engine. Estimated duration: 1 week. They put me in a rental car and sent me on my merry way. One week later, while dealing with a regional manager, I was finally contacted and told they found additional problems and will need another week to fix it. My car had 11,454 miles on it, I had just had a “The Works” package done on it two weeks prior to this, I had to pay $55 for the rental car tax, never was offered reimbursement for the hotel, told I wouldn’t get it and paid $40 for the gas of having to drive 4.5 hour back to the dealership to pick up my car. Although Ford honored their contractual obligation to fix the problem, I now drive a car that has less than 13k miles on it and has had major repairs done to the engine. Maybe it was fluke, maybe it was bad luck but the car runs worse than before. You know that moment when you’re making a left and you time it just right to make the turn, hit the gas and, nothing for 3 seconds, it’s quite the experience. Literally watching the cars rapidly approaching while my car decides to accelerate. If it could happen to me, it could happen to anyone. DON’T BUY THIS CAR. There are better options out there. I received a courtesy call to be sure the car was still running, but all communication with the manager, my local dealership and everyone else involved ceased immediately. For those interested, Arizona Lemon states that a car has to be out of commission for 30 days or 4 attempts have to be made to fix the same problem. Any mechanic can make a car work in that time frame, so the law is utter non sense."

Worst possible buy I could of ever done

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "No pros honestly"

Cons: "Where should I start? Seriously walk way."

"I liked the price, and that it was good on Gas, but other than that I have had nothing but trouble with it. The 2013 Fiestas aren't at all what they are making it seem. It makes horrible noises. I have taken it in about 12 times back to the dealer. Ford claims their is nothing wrong. Wait until you hit more than 15miles on it and its all down hill from there. Don't buy one and save yourself the trouble."

very poor

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "good on gas"

Cons: "loud trans shifts"

"Trans noise after about 3000 miles. Ford would do nothing about it. The Ford service rep.never called back after we talked"

Excellent Basic Transportation

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, nice to handle, decent power"

Cons: "small car, rides low"

"If you are looking for a luxury automobile, this is not the car for you. But if you are looking for basic transportation that is fun to drive and get excellent gas mileage then this IS the car for you."

Unhappy with this performance

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage"

Cons: "Problematic, left me stuck unable to put in gear"

"Never again will I buy a Ford. The car won't go into drive or reverse unless it warms up for at least 15 minutes. Very jerky ride. Had to pay $1400 to fix it after 3 years. Too many problems. I wanted a car that was good with gas and reliable for my 16 year old son and ended up with a lemon."

Good choice for the money.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Great traction, good drving, great gas mileage."

Cons: "Low to the ground, but that was to be expected."

"This was the best choice for my money. I was looking for gas mileage above all. I travel a lot, which is why in 15 months I put over 52,000 miles on it. I get average of 38-42 per gal. It is all highway driving. This is not the most comfortable vehicle I have owned, but not bad either. It was a good choice for me at the time. Now I need a bit bigger car for work."

I bought this on impulse, and wound up loving it!

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Handling and interior."

Cons: "Non unrelated to the size of the car."

"Fully intending to buy a conventional sedan, this Fiesta caught my eye in the showroom and for once in my life I bought a car on impulse. It turned out to be a good choice. The car is comfortable, fun to drive and reliable through its first 30K miles. The clutch and gearbox are both solid and predictable. I'm averaging 40 mpg with the standard transmission doing about 50% highway miles."

Love it so far!

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy, cheap to maintain, reliable."

Cons: "All in all? None."

"Bought new, drive the horse puckey out of it. It'll be two years old in May, and by then I should have about 46,000 miles on it. It has been absolutely reliable; I switched to a K&N drop in filter at 20k, my lifetime average fuel economy to date is 40.7. I still have 6/32nds tread left, too. The only problem I've had is the right rear shock gave out and leaked its fluid in my driveway at 39k. Bought Monroe's and swapped both out in an hour. (If you do this, it's a 15mm at the bottom, and two 10mm at the top, inside the fender well. All easy access with the wheels removed; no trim to undo inside. Swap out the bump stops to the new shocks, and you're done.) She's fun to drive, and quiet inside at 65mph. No regrets at all."

Fun to drive, efficient and reliable!

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "fuel econ, fun to drive"

Cons: "no center council. l installed my own"

"Off the lot with 24 miles, I was concerned the new tech would cause problems. The sync, 6 spd trans and boasted fuel econ were big in 2011, would they hold up? The car is still everything it was when it was new. Coming to this car from a SUV was amazing. 38-42 mpg, same range as the SUV, but half the fuel. ride is also very nice, non fatiguing seats and a pleasure for long hauls!"

Great first new car!

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

"I'm a college student who just bought this as my first new car a few months ago. So far I absolutely love this car! I get about 36 mpg highway and around 33 in town. The only problem that I've had with this car is one of the drivers side speakers doesn't always work. I grew up driving trucks and never thought I would get used to driving a small four cylinder car but it really has plenty of power and was a very easy adjustment."

Great driving small car...but

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Just a great compact car"

Cons: "It does hesitate, after stopping for light/sign"

"I purchased the Fiesta in November, 2012, trading in a Focus. The mileage is fantastic, nothing less than 33mpg, mostly 37+. I had the dealer install a Sirius receiver, which is the pits; make sure Sirius is standard, if you buy one. Value is exceptional. My grandson wants this one, when I get my next vehicle."

good car for what you can get a used one for

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "outstanding mpg. 40+ on hwy. decent build quality"

Cons: "transmission, transmission, transmission"

"for what these are going for used, fully loaded for under 10k, they are a great deal. not sure if 15k new is worth it because of the high depreciation. we bought this car new and a 6k loss in less than 2 years hurts a little. the car runs great, has been very dependable, gets outstanding mpg. during the summer it can get 45mpg hwy. winter months drops to around 36mpg. never got less than 30mpg at anytime, city or hwy. very happy with these results. better than sticker in most cases. there are many complaints about the new tranny in these cars. they are noisy and feel clunky at times. we had ours in the shop because of the rattling noises the tranny makes and were told that its just the way they are. im a little worried about long term reliability. so far 45k and still running."

Don't buy this car!!

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Love the engine and handling"

Cons: "Transmission, locks"

"My wife and I have always owned Fords, and so when we were finally financially able to buy our first new- off-the-showroom car, naturally we went to our local Ford dealer. We test-drove several, and settled on the 2012 Ford Fiesta. I had been partial to that car from the beginning, because of some road tests I had seen and reviews I had read, and so we were thrilled to get as our first new car such a sporty efficient car at such an affordable price. We looked forward to owning it for the life of the car, and handing it down to our children as they began driving. At about 11,000 miles, we began to notice a noise from the transmission, and it had a slip that got worse very quickly. We took it to our dealer, who kept it for 6 weeks, repaired it and returned it to us. Of course we were very grateful to have had it repaired under warrantee, and hoped this was the end of it. Alas! This was but the beginning of our sorrows. Five months later, we began to experience the same issues. Back to the dealer we went. They reprogrammed the transmission and sent us on our way. This fixed the problem for about three weeks. We have been back to the dealer four times since, each time being told there is no issue, but they will reprogram it just to be sure. The Ford corporation contacted us, and informed us that the grating noise and the extremely hard shifts and the slipping between first and second are just “normal driving characteristics” of this car, and, I guess, we should just be grateful it moves at all."

Great compact car

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

"Just purchased our third Fiesta. The 2014 model adds My Ford Touch and a Sony stereo upgrade. The car is incredibly quiet and very comfortable. It drives well and has a good and almost sporty feel to it. MPG for me has been in the mid 30 range which is decent for my driving habits. Overall, i don't think you can find a nicer compact car out there especially considering all the options you can add that aren't available on other compact cars. I ordered mine fully loaded and love this vehicle!"