2013 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $12,892 - $13,223.

10/7.3

7.8

Based on 138 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 ... 25 26 27 28 | Next

A blast to drive

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Great gas milage"

Cons: "No passinger arm rest."

"Recently bought the 2012 SE Hatchback with most of the bells and whistles. I have the 5 speed manual which makes this little car a blast to drive. My milage hangs right around 40-43 mph depending on the hills. I think the only option I do not have on my car is the sirius radio option. I do wish the passinger seat had an arm rest like the drivers seat does. I have seen many complaints about no arm rest, not sure if I got one with an option but it sure is comfortable. The only draw back to this car is the space in the hatchback. As my wife is in a wheelchair we have to partially disassemble it to get it to fit. Since it is only my wife and I the room in the back is not much concern but if you have bigger kids it could get crampted. I would reommend this to anyone that does not have space issues."

2011 SES Hatchback

By on Thursday, July 07, 2011

Pros: "good deal, fun to drive, great gas milage, cool interior/exterior"

Cons: "a little small for tall people"

"We recently traded in my 05 Ford Escape for an 2011 SES Fiesta Hatchback. We are moving to Germany and needed something fuel efficient and compact. I cannot tell you how much I love this car! It is only a 4 cyl. but it drives like a v-6 and is super peppy and sporty. Its a blast to drive and turns on a dime. We got more than what we expected with the SYNC, Sirius, heated seats and AMAZING gas mileage. I get on average 29mpg in the city and I love that since buying the car a month ago I've only filled up twice (including two 160 mile trips). I love the "party lights" and that you can change the color to suit your mood...it makes you feel like you're in a club at night! The sound system is amazing and the SYNC is easy to use once you get the hang of it. My husband even likes it and is very comfortable in it at 6'3". However, it is not a great road trip car for four people over 5'10"...a little tight but still doable! I also was thrown off by the whole "no key" thing but I enjoy it now. I recommend a test drive and bring the whole family to make sure you fit."

I love it!

By on Monday, June 06, 2011

"I put a lot of consideration into this purchase. I was specifically looking for a reliable, small hatchback with great gas mileage, and it boiled down to Mazda2, Scion xd, and the Ford Fiesta. The Ford Fiesta outperformed them all in every category and is an outstanding value, and just a fun little car. I prefer the appearance of the SES with the spoiler far more than it's SE counterpart. Issues: Sometimes the gear shock is pretty rough at lower speeds, and it doesn't coast at low speeds (like in parking lots) as well as I'm used to, it's kind of awkward. This is really the reason I give it a 4/5 (it'd really be more like a 4.5/5). Also, one of my back seats isn't seated right and make a click when I make a sharp turn. Also, my driver's side window is making a noise that isn't right when I roll it down. I'll take that in to have those issues looked at soon, and doubt it will be a problem for them to fix. Also, the steering wheel is really awkward. I like to drive with one hand at 6 and can't because it has a big piece of useless plastic that extends down on it. I didn't notice it when I was purchasing. Pros: Awesome gas mileage with regular gas! The turning radias is freakin spectacular, and I can park it in anything. Outside of performance, it's a pretty stylish car. I know the ambiant lighting package is a novelty, but it is seriously worth it. Also, the leather seats with the white piping just looks awesome. The most cup holders I've ever seen for a car that size."

Sweet, comfortable

By on Saturday, June 04, 2011

Pros: "Style, fun to drive, good price and a great Ford dealer experience."

Cons: "Armrest. Where is the center armrest???"

"This car is a blast. When is the last time there was a car in this segment that looked this good and was this much fun to drive. My last car was a Mazda 3, which is a great handling vehicle with so so economy, and I do not regret for one minute going with the Ford. It has the Mazda's impressive handling characteristics with the added bonus of exceptional economy and comfort."

The leader in its class!

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"If you are looking for a compact car that gets good gas mileage then look no further! Before buying the Fiesta I checked out most of the competition in the sub-compact class and the Fiesta was the obvious choice. For as long as I can remember most compact/sub-compact cars offered in the US market have been awful to drive, cheaply built and have the performance and aesthetics of a dying camel but this stereotype is no more. The higher priced Honda Fit is the other standout in the class but the Fiesta delivers similar results for a better price. I would say that in the long run the Fit will probably be more reliable but if you don't intend on keeping the car forever, then I wouldn't allow that to concern you too much. I went with a SE hatchback with both the sport package and the sound and Sync package. These two packages cost only around $800 more than the base price hatchback and for that you get alloy wheels instead of steel wheels, cruise control, voice activated sync for music and blue-tooth capable phones and a few other small extras. Money well spent and it saves over a $1,000 compared to the SES model which is similarly equipped. The exterior styling of the car is excellent and the interior delivers a very quality feel. The control layout for the radio at first seems confusing but after getting used to it, it is very easy to operate. The climate control dials are very easy to use and nice and chunky so they can be easily adjusted in the winter while wearing gloves. IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING CENTER ARMREST: The car does not come with, nor can it be equipped from the dealer with a center armrest. HOWEVER, one can be purchased for the car as an aftermarket piece. Boomco offers their boomerang armrest for the fiesta which is easily mounted to the car in about twenty minutes. The armrest does not look aftermarket and you specify your seat fabric type when ordering so the armrest is sent with the matching fabric. Looks great, great quality and is well worth the $175 you can get it for on their site or on eBay. Although this is a small car, when sitting up front there is no lack of space and the car does not feel cramped at all. However, if you are going to be carrying adult passengers in the rear on a regular basis, I would recommend the larger 2012 Focus hatchback. Trunk space is adequate for most everyday loads and the seats can also be folded down (not completely flat, and you have to remove the headrests) for larger items. Performance is on-par for cars in its class, and I would recommend the 5 speed manual for those who can or are willing to learn to drive a stick. The manual makes driving the car most fun and small cars like this were designed to be driven with a stick. However the new dual clutch automatic is still a good alternative for those who don't want the manual. The 1.6 liter engine delivers plenty of punch for the driver who is regularly driving alone or with one passenger, but with a full tank of gas, a loaded trunk, and four passengers, performance definitely struggles. The advertised MPG rating is fairly accurate and on a long highway drive, most customers will find that the Fiesta gets somewhere in the region of 44-46 MPG. However, if you are like me here in PA, the constant elevation changes hurt overall MPG compared to drivers in flatter terrain. The car is surprisingly comfortable on a long drive and i had no problem driving it for 6-8 hours at a time. I would not hesitate to recommend this car to anyone but don't be caught up in the MPG rating as the sole reason for buying this car. Most complaints about the Fiesta are due to the lack of rear passenger space, etc. If you are going to be carrying rear passengers on a regular basis go for the new focus hatchback which is still offering great MPG but with a little more room. If you are looking for a small car and only need enough room for yourself and maybe one other person, then the Fiesta is the car for you! Suggested options: Sport and sound and sync packages on the SE, all weather floor mats and matching trunk space liner, BOOMERANG center armrest."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25