2012 Ford Fiesta

7.4

Based on 256 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

7.5/10
    7.6/10

It didn't survive but I walked away

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Mileage ,safety"

Cons: "center button door lock the price for upgrades"

"Everybody talks about the mileage. Let me tell you about the safety factor! I owned my car for one week 300 miles and was enjoying it. well you don't want this to happen to you but it happened to me. I was driving about 35 miles an hour and a car turns left infront me there was probably 15 feet before impact the front crushed like an accordian the air bags went off by my knees and face. I did have a bruise on my wrist from the steering wheel cover slapping me but nothing else. I think it could have been a lot at the speed I was going. I hope nobody has to find out how safe their Fiesta is, but a least you know it is Please Don't try it with your Fiesta results may vary but in my opinion I don't think very much"

A Great Small Car

By on Thursday, February 10, 2011

"So far I have owned this car for around 6 months now, and I can truthfully say that I'm very happy with it. I got the 5-speed manual hatchback version and I have found it to be a very reliable, nice, fun to drive car. The gas mileage has been very good for me at around 32-34mpg combined, though it has dipped lower towards 30 since winter hit. The engine, while not super powerful, I find to be peppy and quick. The 5 speed gearbox shifts nicely, although the distance between gears is a little long for my tastes. The trunk space is excellent, and I have no problem fitting my groceries or whatever else in the back. I got the sync system, which although it has some quirks from time to time, still sounds great and is very helpful in keeping my hands on the wheel. The voice commands work well and the option of MP3 input is nice. I also go the heated mirrors and heats package which I would say is a must for anyone in a cold climate. The styling as well as the fit and finish on this car is excellent. I appreciate the soft touch plastics as well as some nice touches like padded arm door rests. There are a couple of issues however, the rear seat space is extremely small, there is no center armrest, the back seats don't fold flat and there is no cup holder in the back. Overall though you have to keep in mind that this is a COMPACT car, if you want more space, get a Focus. For those in the front however, the ride is top notch, space is good and you really do forget you're in a small car. The Fiesta offers a lot of features that aren't even available on other b-class cars, like heated seats, let alone for the price. For the price, I'm extremely satisfied with the quality and features of this car. I still can't believe it's a Ford."

Bad experience.

By on Saturday, May 5, 2012

Reason: Bad transmission

Pros: "Comfy"

Cons: "NO room in the backseat, transmission, felt cheap"

"I bought this car in January of 2011. I really did fall in love with this car when I first bought it. It had a ton of things that I had wanted (heated seats, Sirius satelite radio, etc.) and it was a great price. Everything was great up until I actually started driving it a lot. Around August I started noticing some things that I didn't like. The car began to jerk when driving slowly through a parking lot or when going through a yeild sign. At first I just disregarded it since it was a new car and it only happened every once in a while. However, the more miles I put on the car, the worse it got. It became a habit that everytime I drove slowly the car would jerk when shifting from first and second gear. It acted as if it was confused and didn't know which gear to be in. It also started making a really loud grinding noise at about 10,000 miles. I took it in to the dealership to get it fixed and was told that all it needed was a software update. This only made things *worse*. I would barely put my toe on the gas and the car would jerk (it felt as though I was getting rearended) and the RPMs were going abnormally high. I took it in to the dealership again for the same problem. They kept my car for 6 days, drove it 150 miles and told me "what you are experiencing are normal characteristics of the car" and that my transmission was "still learning how to drive". Normal? If it was normal why didn't it do it back when it was brand new?? Why was this "normal" behavior getting worse the more I drove it? I got no answers and was repeatedly told that nothing would be done since it was normal for the car to hesitate, jerk and grind. I'm beyond disappointed in Ford. The reason I had purchased the Fiesta was only because my family has 2 other Fords and both are running superbly. I traded the Fiesta in this weekend for a brand new Elantra. Best decision I've made!!!"

Great vehicle for the value!!

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "38 mpg, good in snow, ample leg room"

Cons: "no cargo space"

"I love driving my Fiesta. It was a very economical buy and has surpassed my expectations. It is on the smaller side of compact, so road tripping with a family of 4 has been a little bit tight and almost unbearable. I bought it for my long commute to work though, and for that, it has done it's job well. I am very happy with my car. Wouldn't trade it for anything."

love the car

By on Friday, January 28, 2011

"Okay sometimes the pickup is a bit slow, I admit, but I think the steering is excellent. One person told me that I should turn the overdrive off if I want to accelerate on the highway, but I am not a weaver inner outer trying to pointlessly test fate. The esc is exceptional (try driving a kia, if you don't think there are differences in ESC systems), I am really comfortable in the car. Granted leg room in back is slim, so if you are doing a lot of driving with four or five, maybe, it is not the car for you, but if most of the time it is just you and another and the shopping great car. I love driving it. Get the sedan, if you need a little more leg room or storage. The mileage is just too sweet. I can't believe that I am getting 32 miles to a gallon driving mostly city streets. I made a bad choice getting a kia, after having an old Infiniti G20 that was giving up the ghost (95'). I was so lucky to find a used fiesta with only 5k on it. I am not small, though not tall, and I find that the seats are real comfortable. The only thing that bothers me is the water bottle holder in the door driver's side. I keep kicking it when I get out. I supposed that if you had a group of 5'9" males in the car it would be problematic. You have to know what works for you. For me, this car works great."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Fiesta near Honolulu. See local deals