2012 Ford Fiesta

7.4

Based on 250 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

7.5/10
    7.6/10

Fantastic small car.

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Drives like a sports car. Great Mileage."

Cons: "Don't have any."

"Drives like a sports car. Have logged mileage up to 48MPG Hwy. Usually around 36 around town. hybrid mileage without the complication. The leather front seats are more comfortable than most luxury cars I've owned or rented. Back seat is small (as expected in a sporty sub-compact)."

Best Car I have ever had!

By on Saturday, November 5, 2016

Cons: "no cons period!"

"This car is exceptional in every way! From the seats, to the steering wheel feel, this vehicle makes it happen. It has user friendly controls, awesome styling, best handling I have ever had in any car, butter smooth clutch and shifter operation,and the best looking wheels I have ever had period. This car goes 0-60 in 6.5 seconds, and gets 28.5 to 30 mpg everyday I drive it. I run regular unleaded, not premium fuel, and it is very fast. 100 watt sound system standard,Cruise Control standard,ambient lighting standard,4 cupholders standard,keyless start and entry system standard, Turbo inline 4 cylinder engine standard. I love this car!!!!"

2013 Ford Fiesta SE Hatch 5 speed

By on Friday, September 9, 2016

Pros: "Style, Handling, Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Reliability"

"Bought this car with 33k on it used for $8,900. Impressed with style, ride and handling. Have owned for six months. I bought the 5 speed because of all issues I read about with autoshift. Well, one month after I bought it the slave cylinder went on clutch, leaking onto interior floor mat. Also all four speakers in doors were toast. Fast forward month six, some kind of vacuum valve threw a check engine light. Repairs would have amounted to over $1,500 for these fixes, luckily, I was able to transfer extended warranty from previous owner and my cost with transfer and repairs was less than $300. I would not recommend buying this car without extended warranty, nor would I keep this car after warranty expires. I actually love the way the car drives and sits, it is also a decent looking car with the SE package, but I just don't trust the reliability of this car. My 2007 Ford Taurus SE has had minimal problems in the eight years I've owned it compared to the Fiesta and I believe it will outlast my 2013 Ford Fiesta. The Fiesta is a good car not to keep for too long."

This car is a curse.

By on Thursday, January 12, 2017

"I hate this car. I rue the day I bought it. It has been nothing but trouble. It's too small, it doesn't run well and the repairs are constant. Pray for the soul who owns this car after me."

Beautiful car.

By on Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "great looking car"

"clean car. great mileage. 31mpg city. garage kept, added tinted windows, moon roof. fun to drive. has lots of get up and go. nothing wrong with car."

Best Car I Have Ever Owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Monday, January 30, 2017

Pros: "Great price, Extremely fun to drive, Great MPG"

Cons: "Non"

"This is the best car I have had in my entire life! I have had many, many cars all types, and the Fiesta ST is the most fun to drive, and best handling car period. It is built extremely well, and does not rattle, squeak, or have any mechanical problems ever. I highly recommend test driving this car, if you want a premium performance car, that gets 25 to 28 city mileage, and 35 to 38 highway mileage on regular unleaded. I have never put premium gas in vehicle, I consider that a complete waste of money. Don't hesitate, get to your Ford dealer today for the Fiesta ST."

Unbeatable Value and Fun for the Price!

By on Sunday, January 15, 2017

Pros: "Practical, Economical, Fun"

Cons: "Rough ride, parts of interior feels a bit cheap"

"The Fiesta ST is an absolute riot to drive. The 1.6T makes plenty of power, the brakes are great, and the steering makes the car feel like it's on rails. I am truly impressed for the performance value for the price. It's economical, practical, and fun. Why can't more cars be like this?"

Also first brand new car!

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "nice handling, great mpg, safe"

Cons: "lacks power"

"No problems at all! It's small but if you're skinny then you should have no problem with it. The dashboard reads 38.5mpg but I am getting 40.2mpg self calculated! The car handles well and is pretty good in snow. I have owned it about a year so far with no problems at all. I do understand that some individuals have issues with the auto transmission. Must have been a bad batch or something but I got lucky. I got the lime green hatchback."

best compact car value out there!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "40 mpg"

Cons: "simple"

"Everyone loves this car. I'm o.k. with it but am use to hotrods. It's a great little car for those wanting 40 mpg. No one guesses it's a Ford. It looks like a Corolla or a Prius. The sedan has a huge trunk and is cheaper than a hatchback. Go for it!"

DON'T BUY THIS CAR

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Pros: "It has nice interoir features."

Cons: "The transmission slips, multiple recalls."

"If you are in the market to buy a used car and have come across a ford feista run away! This car has giving me nothing but headaches. Multiple recalls on this car have drove me insane. The (clutch) the dealers say breaks at least every 6 months. I am constantly in the shop getting it fixed. This car has many lawsuits pending because of the slipping of the transmission. Please stay away from buying this car it will give you nothing but headaches. I bought this car certified preowned. Terrible terrible buy can't stress that enough. I can't wait to pay it off just so I can trade it in!!"

'16 Fiesta ST

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Pros: "Explained above."

Cons: "Hatch space, rear view mirror visibility."

"I bought this car July 25th, and I have put almost 7500 miles on it since. I've driven it from Des Moines, Iowa to Denver, Colorado and in a host of different conditions. For a performance vehicle, I couldn't recommend anything else as a daily driver for this price point. I've enjoyed every minute I spent in this car, and so has everyone else who has driven/ridden in it. If you're looking at this car expecting comfort or easy of use, you clearly need to look else where. The whole philosophy of this car is that YOU are in control. If that is what you are looking for, I highly recommend it. Pros: 1. The chassis is quite stiff, allowing you to feel exactly what the road is doing through your seat. 2. The engine is happy to rev, and puts out more than enough power for the car. 3. Clutch is light, and the shifter feels very notchy and satisfying. 4. The steering is very direct, you know where you are putting the car. You just can't feel everything like you would with a hydraulic steering rack. 5. The gearing makes sense for the car, 1st gear is good for ~20mph, 2nd for ~50mph, 3rd for ~75mph, etc. 6. The Recaro seats are fantastic. 750mi to Colorado from Iowa in one day, no back pain. They hold you VERY well in the corners. Adjustment might lack slightly, the head rests could be angled back a bit further. 7. Gauges are all analog. 8. Sync 3 has excellent voice recognition, and all the control surfaces are intuitive and feel nice. (turn signals, steering wheel controls, entertainment and climate control) 9. Looks. I got mine in Platinum White with the Ebony wheels, and I think it looks great. Interior is Grey, which also looks pretty good."

Love this little big car

By on Saturday, October 1, 2016

Pros: "Sync, 5-speed manual, seats, gas mileage, utility"

Cons: "too little center console storage"

"Purchased this used and absolutely love it. I have it with the 5 speed manual and it is a blast to drive. Don't get me wrong I know it's an economy car but the manual transmission and seats are very sporty. The gas mileage is in the 40's and the sync system is great! I also have the hatchback and love the extra utility. The front seatbacks are deeply sculpted in the back leaving a lot more leg room than you would think. Overall I am thoroughly pleased with this Fiesta and would buy another in a second."

Great driving small car...but

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Just a great compact car"

Cons: "It does hesitate, after stopping for light/sign"

"I purchased the Fiesta in November, 2012, trading in a Focus. The mileage is fantastic, nothing less than 33mpg, mostly 37+. I had the dealer install a Sirius receiver, which is the pits; make sure Sirius is standard, if you buy one. Value is exceptional. My grandson wants this one, when I get my next vehicle."

Great quality for a small car

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive and great mileage"

Cons: "Hard to climb into and out of when older"

"This little car has great quality and is fun to drive for a small car. My SES has all the bells and whistles so it is very convenient as a driver."

Well spent money, fun to drive and safe!

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pros: "Safety,great looks,ride,fuel economy,features"

Cons: "would be perfect with a 10yr /100,000 mi. warranty"

Ford Fiesta blue flame metallic

"The Ford Fiesta SE hatchback is a great value car. It offers enough room for daily commuting. I chose the SE trim with the sport appearance package (15inch alloy wheels, cruise control and LED parking lights looking great!) and the SYNC"

Ford Fiesta blue flame metallic

Better then you might think.

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

"Only two things I don't like on this car. 1. Gas peddle to close to brake peddle. 2. Back wiper comes on (when wipers are on) when you put the car in reverise. Better gas milage then sticker states. Very good in responce like a sports car."

Awesome!!!!

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "Great value for money, Super Mileage, Stylish"

"1) Excellent handling 2) Superb Interiors (especially ambient lighting) 3) Cool features for a small car(Button start, heated seats, side mirror defrost, Microsoft SYNC, Bluetooth Multimedia) 4) Stylish - Black Leather seats with white lining 5) 36 Highway mileage/32 City Mileage"

An accurate, informative review.

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "great price, gas mileage, appearance"

Cons: "awkward automatic transmission at low speeds, no armrest, weak storage"

"I just bought a 2011 Fiesta SE hatchback with the Power Shift 6 Speed Automatic Transmission. I've had it for a little over a week. Mine has the Sync and Sport Appearance Packages, and I got it for around 18,300. First, the POSITIVE: I don't need to tell anyone how great the car looks. Probably the best-looking of all cars in its class. Gas mileage has been very good, though not as high as the 29/38 posted on the sticker. I've been averaging around 26 mpg, but I have been doing mostly stop-and-go driving. Haven't been on the highway at all. Still, great gas mileage, no complaints. Also, interior space for FRONT OCCUPANTS is very generous, very comfortable for most people. The seats are a noteworthy perk. Everyone who gets in my car comments on how the front seats just hug you and hold you in place. The Sync package is wonderful, as I am able to play music from my iphone over Bluetooth without plugging anything in, although I do also have the input jack and usb connector ports if I ever need them. Also, I can make calls and answer calls without taking my hands off the steering wheel. It's a luxury you don't think you'll ever need until you have it. The premium 80 watt 6-speaker sound system sounds great. I can't speak for those who only have 4 speakers. As for the "spotter" or "blind-spot" mirrors, I personally love these. There have been numerous times where I am prepared to change lanes, I look in the regular sideview mirror and see nothing, but I then glance in the spotter mirror and see an entire car hiding in my blind spot. I view that as a good thing. Every car has blind spots, and the blind spots in the Fiesta are bigger than those of some other cars, but once you learn how to use the spotter mirrors correctly, blind spots pose much less of a threat. I do agree with others that at night, the spotter mirrors are tricky to use. I'll admit, I don't use them at night because it's too difficult to differentiate between sets of headlights in your mirrors. In these conditions, I use the centered interior rearview mirror as well as glances over my shoulder if necessary. Gas mileage: I personally can drive this thing for a week or more on one tank of gas, and filling it recently (September, 2011) cost me $36 with gas priced at $3.37/gallon. First time I've smiled while handing a gas station attendant my hard-earned money, ever. Anyway, the NEGATIVE: The 6-speed Power Shift "Dual Clutch" automatic transmission is designed to work as two separate manual transmissions. This is supposed to make the ride smoother as your car shifts gears. My BIGGEST CRITICISM of this car is that it drives very awkwardly when you first begin to drive....like when a light turns green or you are about to drive out of a parking space. The best way I can describe it is to say that this car DOES NOT want you to ever "floor it" off the line. It forces you to get a slower, more gradual start then you may be accustomed to. You'll feel the car "hiccup," (like a manual transmission does between shifting gears) if you try to increase your speed too quickly coming out of park or idling. The car does, however, perform much better at higher speeds, and I'm getting used to the low speed issues, adjusting my driving accordingly, and finding it more bearable, however I really wish it wasn't a concern at all. I came to kbb.com to read customer's reviews just to make sure I wasn't the only person experiencing this kind of problem. I did see that one person said the car was "fun" or "speedy" off the line or something like that, and I have no idea what that person is talking about. Also, I don't mind the very cramped back seat room, I just wish the hatch itself was roomier. I wish the rear seats folded completely flat for storage, but they don't. I wish the process of folding them flat was quicker, but you have to fold them half way, remove the headrests, and then fold the seats as far down as they'll go. Just a minor annoyance. The armrest is obviously an issue. It's a necessity, and I'll be ordering the Boomerang one immediately. Also, the car is surprisingly low on storage compartments. You'll find yourself looking around for where you want to keep things, and you'll most likely buy some sort of aftermarket product to help with this (like an armrest). SO IN SUMMARY: This car, for me, was still the best decision, because financial concerns played a huge part in my choice of a car. The gas mileage is great, projected resale value is pretty good, and you won't be able to find a car this affordable that looks this good and offers this many great features. It is NOT a car for people who drive more than one other person around regularly, but for someone who doesn't have to consider the comfort of others, you're all good. For those looking to buy an automatic, I would suggest test driving this car multiple times to see how you feel about the transmission.....this is something I really wish I did. But considering the fact that this car was a very smart financial decision that doesn't look like I only purchased it to be "smart" and "environmentally friendly," I'm still happy I made the purchase."

My 1 year 25,000 mile review

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pros: "Great value and comfort for this class"

Cons: "Seats are difficult to maintain"

"I bought my 2011 Fiesta S sedan one year ago today. The S is the most basic model and, with the Manual Transmission, I bought the most basic S model. I paid $13,600 new. I bought it as a commuter car to replace my aging Camry. I drive 110 round trip (mostly highway) on working days and about 50 in and around town on the weekends. In the first year I put 23,900 on it and got almost exactly 36 MPG (I am a geek and have kept a gas log for the whole year). My best tank was 42MPG. Except for discolored front seats the car looks like it did new. First impressions: I was shocked at how many airbags and the safety rating of this car. It handles better than expected and is more fun than I thought. The basic sound system is more than adequate, but see problems below. The price was significantly less than Toyota and Honda. I truly enjoy driving this car. I like the way it looks and feels. It is more quiet than I expected from this class of car. At first I had trouble accelerating to merge into 70MPH traffic. Once I got used to the engine and planned for it, it was no longer an issue. While not quite ready for a long weekend trip, the seats are more comfortable than I expected and not an issue for my commute. The back seats were not made for people of any size. Don’t plan on using the back seats for people other than the occasional 5-minute take the neighbor kids home from soccer practice. I love the spotter mirrors. Just a few MINOR problems that were eagerly remedied by Ford: While I didn’t expect a great sound system, the radio reception was poor and crackled. Strangely, brake pedal depression often dramatically increased reception quality, even when not moving. The dealership investigated and replaced the antenna without question. Reception is perfect now. I have manual windows. About once a month the rear windows would have slid down enough to make wind noise. I would simply have to climb back and roll them back up. This was a bit annoying. The dealership investigated and replaced a portion of the mechanism and successfully corrected the problem. I don’t eat in the car and I sit on towels when I think I might be sweaty or dirty. Somehow the seats have become discolored. I simply can’t imagine how this happened. I drive it to work and back home. I wear a suit to work. I carry groceries in plastic bags. I get the car professionally cleaned with every oil change. I simply can’t understand the discoloration. SO IN SUMMARY: I highly recommend this car vs. other cars in this class. This car, for me, was still the best decision and generally a pleasant surprise. It is an extremely safe, comfortable commuter car that gets amazing gas mileage. According to KBB it has only dropped $1,700 in value over the first year. It is NOT a car for people who drive more than one other person around regularly. I strongly recommend you give this car a thorough test drive on the city and 70MPH highways before you drive."

Well designed, efficient and practical

By on Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pros: "Handles well, fuel efficient, stylish, good value"

Cons: "Can't handle aggressive acceleration"

"If you're in the market for a small car that's a great value, I recommend the Fiesta. I drive a lot of highway and small town miles, and I'm averaging about 38 mpg... 40+ on the highway. The dash is well designed, car handles well on the road, fit and finish very good, especially for an inexpensive compact. One caution: it's a bit underpowered on acceleration; slow and steady pressure on the pedal gets you up to speed at a reasonable pace from the on-ramp, but if you do a lot of aggressive daily urban driving, you might think twice before buying the Fiesta. Still, all in all, a great vehicle for the average driver."

It didn't survive but I walked away

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Mileage ,safety"

Cons: "center button door lock the price for upgrades"

"Everybody talks about the mileage. Let me tell you about the safety factor! I owned my car for one week 300 miles and was enjoying it. well you don't want this to happen to you but it happened to me. I was driving about 35 miles an hour and a car turns left infront me there was probably 15 feet before impact the front crushed like an accordian the air bags went off by my knees and face. I did have a bruise on my wrist from the steering wheel cover slapping me but nothing else. I think it could have been a lot at the speed I was going. I hope nobody has to find out how safe their Fiesta is, but a least you know it is Please Don't try it with your Fiesta results may vary but in my opinion I don't think very much"

A Great Small Car

By on Thursday, February 10, 2011

"So far I have owned this car for around 6 months now, and I can truthfully say that I'm very happy with it. I got the 5-speed manual hatchback version and I have found it to be a very reliable, nice, fun to drive car. The gas mileage has been very good for me at around 32-34mpg combined, though it has dipped lower towards 30 since winter hit. The engine, while not super powerful, I find to be peppy and quick. The 5 speed gearbox shifts nicely, although the distance between gears is a little long for my tastes. The trunk space is excellent, and I have no problem fitting my groceries or whatever else in the back. I got the sync system, which although it has some quirks from time to time, still sounds great and is very helpful in keeping my hands on the wheel. The voice commands work well and the option of MP3 input is nice. I also go the heated mirrors and heats package which I would say is a must for anyone in a cold climate. The styling as well as the fit and finish on this car is excellent. I appreciate the soft touch plastics as well as some nice touches like padded arm door rests. There are a couple of issues however, the rear seat space is extremely small, there is no center armrest, the back seats don't fold flat and there is no cup holder in the back. Overall though you have to keep in mind that this is a COMPACT car, if you want more space, get a Focus. For those in the front however, the ride is top notch, space is good and you really do forget you're in a small car. The Fiesta offers a lot of features that aren't even available on other b-class cars, like heated seats, let alone for the price. For the price, I'm extremely satisfied with the quality and features of this car. I still can't believe it's a Ford."

Great vehicle for the value!!

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "38 mpg, good in snow, ample leg room"

Cons: "no cargo space"

"I love driving my Fiesta. It was a very economical buy and has surpassed my expectations. It is on the smaller side of compact, so road tripping with a family of 4 has been a little bit tight and almost unbearable. I bought it for my long commute to work though, and for that, it has done it's job well. I am very happy with my car. Wouldn't trade it for anything."

love the car

By on Friday, January 28, 2011

"Okay sometimes the pickup is a bit slow, I admit, but I think the steering is excellent. One person told me that I should turn the overdrive off if I want to accelerate on the highway, but I am not a weaver inner outer trying to pointlessly test fate. The esc is exceptional (try driving a kia, if you don't think there are differences in ESC systems), I am really comfortable in the car. Granted leg room in back is slim, so if you are doing a lot of driving with four or five, maybe, it is not the car for you, but if most of the time it is just you and another and the shopping great car. I love driving it. Get the sedan, if you need a little more leg room or storage. The mileage is just too sweet. I can't believe that I am getting 32 miles to a gallon driving mostly city streets. I made a bad choice getting a kia, after having an old Infiniti G20 that was giving up the ghost (95'). I was so lucky to find a used fiesta with only 5k on it. I am not small, though not tall, and I find that the seats are real comfortable. The only thing that bothers me is the water bottle holder in the door driver's side. I keep kicking it when I get out. I supposed that if you had a group of 5'9" males in the car it would be problematic. You have to know what works for you. For me, this car works great."

best small car

By on Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great mileage."

Cons: "should have gotten the automatic."

"I bought this car a little over a year ago. Since then I've put 34,000 miles on it. The only work done has been oil changes. No other work has been done or needs to be done. The car is small and is perfect for driving in the City of Chicago. I can park just about any place, I can fit on any road. My over all mileage is just over 37 mpg. That's city driving and driving in traffic to/from the city. I like the voice commands and features."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Fiesta near Honolulu. See local deals