2011 Ford Fiesta

7.4

Based on 255 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

7.5/10
    7.5/10

DON'T BUY THIS CAR

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Pros: "It has nice interoir features."

Cons: "The transmission slips, multiple recalls."

"If you are in the market to buy a used car and have come across a ford feista run away! This car has giving me nothing but headaches. Multiple recalls on this car have drove me insane. The (clutch) the dealers say breaks at least every 6 months. I am constantly in the shop getting it fixed. This car has many lawsuits pending because of the slipping of the transmission. Please stay away from buying this car it will give you nothing but headaches. I bought this car certified preowned. Terrible terrible buy can't stress that enough. I can't wait to pay it off just so I can trade it in!!"

Also first brand new car!

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "nice handling, great mpg, safe"

Cons: "lacks power"

"No problems at all! It's small but if you're skinny then you should have no problem with it. The dashboard reads 38.5mpg but I am getting 40.2mpg self calculated! The car handles well and is pretty good in snow. I have owned it about a year so far with no problems at all. I do understand that some individuals have issues with the auto transmission. Must have been a bad batch or something but I got lucky. I got the lime green hatchback."

best compact car value out there!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "40 mpg"

Cons: "simple"

"Everyone loves this car. I'm o.k. with it but am use to hotrods. It's a great little car for those wanting 40 mpg. No one guesses it's a Ford. It looks like a Corolla or a Prius. The sedan has a huge trunk and is cheaper than a hatchback. Go for it!"

performs better than expected

By on Saturday, July 15, 2017

Pros: "driving performance, fun to drive"

Cons: "side mirrors dont like"

"Drives well, good acceleration, front seat roomy. cant see hood from drivers seat to judge how close you are to next car when parking"

Nice Vehicle

By on Monday, May 1, 2017

Pros: "zips, small, quiet"

Cons: "small"

"Ive had this car for a year now. I did have 4 recalls performed on it and that fixed almost all my issues! However my front right axle makes a weird grinding noise ever since i bought it, and no one says they know what it is? It runs great, pretty quiet, fast, reliable, and agile!"

'16 Fiesta ST

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Pros: "Explained above."

Cons: "Hatch space, rear view mirror visibility."

"I bought this car July 25th, and I have put almost 7500 miles on it since. I've driven it from Des Moines, Iowa to Denver, Colorado and in a host of different conditions. For a performance vehicle, I couldn't recommend anything else as a daily driver for this price point. I've enjoyed every minute I spent in this car, and so has everyone else who has driven/ridden in it. If you're looking at this car expecting comfort or easy of use, you clearly need to look else where. The whole philosophy of this car is that YOU are in control. If that is what you are looking for, I highly recommend it. Pros: 1. The chassis is quite stiff, allowing you to feel exactly what the road is doing through your seat. 2. The engine is happy to rev, and puts out more than enough power for the car. 3. Clutch is light, and the shifter feels very notchy and satisfying. 4. The steering is very direct, you know where you are putting the car. You just can't feel everything like you would with a hydraulic steering rack. 5. The gearing makes sense for the car, 1st gear is good for ~20mph, 2nd for ~50mph, 3rd for ~75mph, etc. 6. The Recaro seats are fantastic. 750mi to Colorado from Iowa in one day, no back pain. They hold you VERY well in the corners. Adjustment might lack slightly, the head rests could be angled back a bit further. 7. Gauges are all analog. 8. Sync 3 has excellent voice recognition, and all the control surfaces are intuitive and feel nice. (turn signals, steering wheel controls, entertainment and climate control) 9. Looks. I got mine in Platinum White with the Ebony wheels, and I think it looks great. Interior is Grey, which also looks pretty good."

Love this little big car

By on Saturday, October 1, 2016

Pros: "Sync, 5-speed manual, seats, gas mileage, utility"

Cons: "too little center console storage"

"Purchased this used and absolutely love it. I have it with the 5 speed manual and it is a blast to drive. Don't get me wrong I know it's an economy car but the manual transmission and seats are very sporty. The gas mileage is in the 40's and the sync system is great! I also have the hatchback and love the extra utility. The front seatbacks are deeply sculpted in the back leaving a lot more leg room than you would think. Overall I am thoroughly pleased with this Fiesta and would buy another in a second."

Great driving small car...but

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Just a great compact car"

Cons: "It does hesitate, after stopping for light/sign"

"I purchased the Fiesta in November, 2012, trading in a Focus. The mileage is fantastic, nothing less than 33mpg, mostly 37+. I had the dealer install a Sirius receiver, which is the pits; make sure Sirius is standard, if you buy one. Value is exceptional. My grandson wants this one, when I get my next vehicle."

Great quality for a small car

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive and great mileage"

Cons: "Hard to climb into and out of when older"

"This little car has great quality and is fun to drive for a small car. My SES has all the bells and whistles so it is very convenient as a driver."

Well spent money, fun to drive and safe!

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pros: "Safety,great looks,ride,fuel economy,features"

Cons: "would be perfect with a 10yr /100,000 mi. warranty"

Ford Fiesta blue flame metallic

"The Ford Fiesta SE hatchback is a great value car. It offers enough room for daily commuting. I chose the SE trim with the sport appearance package (15inch alloy wheels, cruise control and LED parking lights looking great!) and the SYNC"

Ford Fiesta blue flame metallic

Better then you might think.

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

"Only two things I don't like on this car. 1. Gas peddle to close to brake peddle. 2. Back wiper comes on (when wipers are on) when you put the car in reverise. Better gas milage then sticker states. Very good in responce like a sports car."

Awesome!!!!

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "Great value for money, Super Mileage, Stylish"

"1) Excellent handling 2) Superb Interiors (especially ambient lighting) 3) Cool features for a small car(Button start, heated seats, side mirror defrost, Microsoft SYNC, Bluetooth Multimedia) 4) Stylish - Black Leather seats with white lining 5) 36 Highway mileage/32 City Mileage"

An accurate, informative review.

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "great price, gas mileage, appearance"

Cons: "awkward automatic transmission at low speeds, no armrest, weak storage"

"I just bought a 2011 Fiesta SE hatchback with the Power Shift 6 Speed Automatic Transmission. I've had it for a little over a week. Mine has the Sync and Sport Appearance Packages, and I got it for around 18,300. First, the POSITIVE: I don't need to tell anyone how great the car looks. Probably the best-looking of all cars in its class. Gas mileage has been very good, though not as high as the 29/38 posted on the sticker. I've been averaging around 26 mpg, but I have been doing mostly stop-and-go driving. Haven't been on the highway at all. Still, great gas mileage, no complaints. Also, interior space for FRONT OCCUPANTS is very generous, very comfortable for most people. The seats are a noteworthy perk. Everyone who gets in my car comments on how the front seats just hug you and hold you in place. The Sync package is wonderful, as I am able to play music from my iphone over Bluetooth without plugging anything in, although I do also have the input jack and usb connector ports if I ever need them. Also, I can make calls and answer calls without taking my hands off the steering wheel. It's a luxury you don't think you'll ever need until you have it. The premium 80 watt 6-speaker sound system sounds great. I can't speak for those who only have 4 speakers. As for the "spotter" or "blind-spot" mirrors, I personally love these. There have been numerous times where I am prepared to change lanes, I look in the regular sideview mirror and see nothing, but I then glance in the spotter mirror and see an entire car hiding in my blind spot. I view that as a good thing. Every car has blind spots, and the blind spots in the Fiesta are bigger than those of some other cars, but once you learn how to use the spotter mirrors correctly, blind spots pose much less of a threat. I do agree with others that at night, the spotter mirrors are tricky to use. I'll admit, I don't use them at night because it's too difficult to differentiate between sets of headlights in your mirrors. In these conditions, I use the centered interior rearview mirror as well as glances over my shoulder if necessary. Gas mileage: I personally can drive this thing for a week or more on one tank of gas, and filling it recently (September, 2011) cost me $36 with gas priced at $3.37/gallon. First time I've smiled while handing a gas station attendant my hard-earned money, ever. Anyway, the NEGATIVE: The 6-speed Power Shift "Dual Clutch" automatic transmission is designed to work as two separate manual transmissions. This is supposed to make the ride smoother as your car shifts gears. My BIGGEST CRITICISM of this car is that it drives very awkwardly when you first begin to drive....like when a light turns green or you are about to drive out of a parking space. The best way I can describe it is to say that this car DOES NOT want you to ever "floor it" off the line. It forces you to get a slower, more gradual start then you may be accustomed to. You'll feel the car "hiccup," (like a manual transmission does between shifting gears) if you try to increase your speed too quickly coming out of park or idling. The car does, however, perform much better at higher speeds, and I'm getting used to the low speed issues, adjusting my driving accordingly, and finding it more bearable, however I really wish it wasn't a concern at all. I came to kbb.com to read customer's reviews just to make sure I wasn't the only person experiencing this kind of problem. I did see that one person said the car was "fun" or "speedy" off the line or something like that, and I have no idea what that person is talking about. Also, I don't mind the very cramped back seat room, I just wish the hatch itself was roomier. I wish the rear seats folded completely flat for storage, but they don't. I wish the process of folding them flat was quicker, but you have to fold them half way, remove the headrests, and then fold the seats as far down as they'll go. Just a minor annoyance. The armrest is obviously an issue. It's a necessity, and I'll be ordering the Boomerang one immediately. Also, the car is surprisingly low on storage compartments. You'll find yourself looking around for where you want to keep things, and you'll most likely buy some sort of aftermarket product to help with this (like an armrest). SO IN SUMMARY: This car, for me, was still the best decision, because financial concerns played a huge part in my choice of a car. The gas mileage is great, projected resale value is pretty good, and you won't be able to find a car this affordable that looks this good and offers this many great features. It is NOT a car for people who drive more than one other person around regularly, but for someone who doesn't have to consider the comfort of others, you're all good. For those looking to buy an automatic, I would suggest test driving this car multiple times to see how you feel about the transmission.....this is something I really wish I did. But considering the fact that this car was a very smart financial decision that doesn't look like I only purchased it to be "smart" and "environmentally friendly," I'm still happy I made the purchase."

My 1 year 25,000 mile review

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pros: "Great value and comfort for this class"

Cons: "Seats are difficult to maintain"

"I bought my 2011 Fiesta S sedan one year ago today. The S is the most basic model and, with the Manual Transmission, I bought the most basic S model. I paid $13,600 new. I bought it as a commuter car to replace my aging Camry. I drive 110 round trip (mostly highway) on working days and about 50 in and around town on the weekends. In the first year I put 23,900 on it and got almost exactly 36 MPG (I am a geek and have kept a gas log for the whole year). My best tank was 42MPG. Except for discolored front seats the car looks like it did new. First impressions: I was shocked at how many airbags and the safety rating of this car. It handles better than expected and is more fun than I thought. The basic sound system is more than adequate, but see problems below. The price was significantly less than Toyota and Honda. I truly enjoy driving this car. I like the way it looks and feels. It is more quiet than I expected from this class of car. At first I had trouble accelerating to merge into 70MPH traffic. Once I got used to the engine and planned for it, it was no longer an issue. While not quite ready for a long weekend trip, the seats are more comfortable than I expected and not an issue for my commute. The back seats were not made for people of any size. Don’t plan on using the back seats for people other than the occasional 5-minute take the neighbor kids home from soccer practice. I love the spotter mirrors. Just a few MINOR problems that were eagerly remedied by Ford: While I didn’t expect a great sound system, the radio reception was poor and crackled. Strangely, brake pedal depression often dramatically increased reception quality, even when not moving. The dealership investigated and replaced the antenna without question. Reception is perfect now. I have manual windows. About once a month the rear windows would have slid down enough to make wind noise. I would simply have to climb back and roll them back up. This was a bit annoying. The dealership investigated and replaced a portion of the mechanism and successfully corrected the problem. I don’t eat in the car and I sit on towels when I think I might be sweaty or dirty. Somehow the seats have become discolored. I simply can’t imagine how this happened. I drive it to work and back home. I wear a suit to work. I carry groceries in plastic bags. I get the car professionally cleaned with every oil change. I simply can’t understand the discoloration. SO IN SUMMARY: I highly recommend this car vs. other cars in this class. This car, for me, was still the best decision and generally a pleasant surprise. It is an extremely safe, comfortable commuter car that gets amazing gas mileage. According to KBB it has only dropped $1,700 in value over the first year. It is NOT a car for people who drive more than one other person around regularly. I strongly recommend you give this car a thorough test drive on the city and 70MPH highways before you drive."

Well designed, efficient and practical

By on Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pros: "Handles well, fuel efficient, stylish, good value"

Cons: "Can't handle aggressive acceleration"

"If you're in the market for a small car that's a great value, I recommend the Fiesta. I drive a lot of highway and small town miles, and I'm averaging about 38 mpg... 40+ on the highway. The dash is well designed, car handles well on the road, fit and finish very good, especially for an inexpensive compact. One caution: it's a bit underpowered on acceleration; slow and steady pressure on the pedal gets you up to speed at a reasonable pace from the on-ramp, but if you do a lot of aggressive daily urban driving, you might think twice before buying the Fiesta. Still, all in all, a great vehicle for the average driver."

It didn't survive but I walked away

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Mileage ,safety"

Cons: "center button door lock the price for upgrades"

"Everybody talks about the mileage. Let me tell you about the safety factor! I owned my car for one week 300 miles and was enjoying it. well you don't want this to happen to you but it happened to me. I was driving about 35 miles an hour and a car turns left infront me there was probably 15 feet before impact the front crushed like an accordian the air bags went off by my knees and face. I did have a bruise on my wrist from the steering wheel cover slapping me but nothing else. I think it could have been a lot at the speed I was going. I hope nobody has to find out how safe their Fiesta is, but a least you know it is Please Don't try it with your Fiesta results may vary but in my opinion I don't think very much"

A Great Small Car

By on Thursday, February 10, 2011

"So far I have owned this car for around 6 months now, and I can truthfully say that I'm very happy with it. I got the 5-speed manual hatchback version and I have found it to be a very reliable, nice, fun to drive car. The gas mileage has been very good for me at around 32-34mpg combined, though it has dipped lower towards 30 since winter hit. The engine, while not super powerful, I find to be peppy and quick. The 5 speed gearbox shifts nicely, although the distance between gears is a little long for my tastes. The trunk space is excellent, and I have no problem fitting my groceries or whatever else in the back. I got the sync system, which although it has some quirks from time to time, still sounds great and is very helpful in keeping my hands on the wheel. The voice commands work well and the option of MP3 input is nice. I also go the heated mirrors and heats package which I would say is a must for anyone in a cold climate. The styling as well as the fit and finish on this car is excellent. I appreciate the soft touch plastics as well as some nice touches like padded arm door rests. There are a couple of issues however, the rear seat space is extremely small, there is no center armrest, the back seats don't fold flat and there is no cup holder in the back. Overall though you have to keep in mind that this is a COMPACT car, if you want more space, get a Focus. For those in the front however, the ride is top notch, space is good and you really do forget you're in a small car. The Fiesta offers a lot of features that aren't even available on other b-class cars, like heated seats, let alone for the price. For the price, I'm extremely satisfied with the quality and features of this car. I still can't believe it's a Ford."

Great vehicle for the value!!

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "38 mpg, good in snow, ample leg room"

Cons: "no cargo space"

"I love driving my Fiesta. It was a very economical buy and has surpassed my expectations. It is on the smaller side of compact, so road tripping with a family of 4 has been a little bit tight and almost unbearable. I bought it for my long commute to work though, and for that, it has done it's job well. I am very happy with my car. Wouldn't trade it for anything."

love the car

By on Friday, January 28, 2011

"Okay sometimes the pickup is a bit slow, I admit, but I think the steering is excellent. One person told me that I should turn the overdrive off if I want to accelerate on the highway, but I am not a weaver inner outer trying to pointlessly test fate. The esc is exceptional (try driving a kia, if you don't think there are differences in ESC systems), I am really comfortable in the car. Granted leg room in back is slim, so if you are doing a lot of driving with four or five, maybe, it is not the car for you, but if most of the time it is just you and another and the shopping great car. I love driving it. Get the sedan, if you need a little more leg room or storage. The mileage is just too sweet. I can't believe that I am getting 32 miles to a gallon driving mostly city streets. I made a bad choice getting a kia, after having an old Infiniti G20 that was giving up the ghost (95'). I was so lucky to find a used fiesta with only 5k on it. I am not small, though not tall, and I find that the seats are real comfortable. The only thing that bothers me is the water bottle holder in the door driver's side. I keep kicking it when I get out. I supposed that if you had a group of 5'9" males in the car it would be problematic. You have to know what works for you. For me, this car works great."

best small car

By on Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great mileage."

Cons: "should have gotten the automatic."

"I bought this car a little over a year ago. Since then I've put 34,000 miles on it. The only work done has been oil changes. No other work has been done or needs to be done. The car is small and is perfect for driving in the City of Chicago. I can park just about any place, I can fit on any road. My over all mileage is just over 37 mpg. That's city driving and driving in traffic to/from the city. I like the voice commands and features."

Bad experience.

By on Saturday, May 5, 2012

Reason: Bad transmission

Pros: "Comfy"

Cons: "NO room in the backseat, transmission, felt cheap"

"I bought this car in January of 2011. I really did fall in love with this car when I first bought it. It had a ton of things that I had wanted (heated seats, Sirius satelite radio, etc.) and it was a great price. Everything was great up until I actually started driving it a lot. Around August I started noticing some things that I didn't like. The car began to jerk when driving slowly through a parking lot or when going through a yeild sign. At first I just disregarded it since it was a new car and it only happened every once in a while. However, the more miles I put on the car, the worse it got. It became a habit that everytime I drove slowly the car would jerk when shifting from first and second gear. It acted as if it was confused and didn't know which gear to be in. It also started making a really loud grinding noise at about 10,000 miles. I took it in to the dealership to get it fixed and was told that all it needed was a software update. This only made things *worse*. I would barely put my toe on the gas and the car would jerk (it felt as though I was getting rearended) and the RPMs were going abnormally high. I took it in to the dealership again for the same problem. They kept my car for 6 days, drove it 150 miles and told me "what you are experiencing are normal characteristics of the car" and that my transmission was "still learning how to drive". Normal? If it was normal why didn't it do it back when it was brand new?? Why was this "normal" behavior getting worse the more I drove it? I got no answers and was repeatedly told that nothing would be done since it was normal for the car to hesitate, jerk and grind. I'm beyond disappointed in Ford. The reason I had purchased the Fiesta was only because my family has 2 other Fords and both are running superbly. I traded the Fiesta in this weekend for a brand new Elantra. Best decision I've made!!!"

A blast to drive

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Great gas milage"

Cons: "No passinger arm rest."

"Recently bought the 2012 SE Hatchback with most of the bells and whistles. I have the 5 speed manual which makes this little car a blast to drive. My milage hangs right around 40-43 mph depending on the hills. I think the only option I do not have on my car is the sirius radio option. I do wish the passinger seat had an arm rest like the drivers seat does. I have seen many complaints about no arm rest, not sure if I got one with an option but it sure is comfortable. The only draw back to this car is the space in the hatchback. As my wife is in a wheelchair we have to partially disassemble it to get it to fit. Since it is only my wife and I the room in the back is not much concern but if you have bigger kids it could get crampted. I would reommend this to anyone that does not have space issues."

2012 Fiesta Duel Clutch malfunction

By on Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pros: "Good MPG, Easy to drive, Good for students"

Cons: "Duel Clutch Automatic Transmittion"

"Automatic manual trans. Pro: Its a wonderful car easy to drive. It a very good car for students, since its small and compact also gets very good mileage. I usually drive about 250-350 miles or more a week and I only fill the tank up once per week typicaly $30.00 a tank. In terms of style the front seats are comfortable. Love the position of the radio and all the gadgets. It wonderful and I am very attached to it. Con: The duel clutch of the automatic trans.( aids in the gear change for the car giving it the fuel efficiency) has given me trouble. In-fact its a problem for this type car. Not many people will notice it until its too late, when i took my car in because it was vibrating at 10-20mph on acceleration, they told me the fiesta has been having problems with the duel clutch and if you are out of warranty good luck to you paying the parts and service fee. If the car is accelerated very slowly it will not be noticed but the moment the acceleration is to peak at a higher gear change Your Lucky Fiesta might have this problem. Mine didn't show until almost the 20,000 mile marker. Hopefully the 2013 duel clutch is better.It the only problem i have encountered with this car. Not all fiesta's have this issue but the thing is that many consumers do not know that this car is having a problem with the duel cluch trans. that the automatic car has. I am currently on the hunt to trade mine in for a car with a bigger engine and has been on the market in the USA a longer time."

I love it!

By on Monday, June 6, 2011

"I put a lot of consideration into this purchase. I was specifically looking for a reliable, small hatchback with great gas mileage, and it boiled down to Mazda2, Scion xd, and the Ford Fiesta. The Ford Fiesta outperformed them all in every category and is an outstanding value, and just a fun little car. I prefer the appearance of the SES with the spoiler far more than it's SE counterpart. Issues: Sometimes the gear shock is pretty rough at lower speeds, and it doesn't coast at low speeds (like in parking lots) as well as I'm used to, it's kind of awkward. This is really the reason I give it a 4/5 (it'd really be more like a 4.5/5). Also, one of my back seats isn't seated right and make a click when I make a sharp turn. Also, my driver's side window is making a noise that isn't right when I roll it down. I'll take that in to have those issues looked at soon, and doubt it will be a problem for them to fix. Also, the steering wheel is really awkward. I like to drive with one hand at 6 and can't because it has a big piece of useless plastic that extends down on it. I didn't notice it when I was purchasing. Pros: Awesome gas mileage with regular gas! The turning radias is freakin spectacular, and I can park it in anything. Outside of performance, it's a pretty stylish car. I know the ambiant lighting package is a novelty, but it is seriously worth it. Also, the leather seats with the white piping just looks awesome. The most cup holders I've ever seen for a car that size."

2011 SES Hatchback

By on Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pros: "good deal, fun to drive, great gas milage, cool interior/exterior"

Cons: "a little small for tall people"

"We recently traded in my 05 Ford Escape for an 2011 SES Fiesta Hatchback. We are moving to Germany and needed something fuel efficient and compact. I cannot tell you how much I love this car! It is only a 4 cyl. but it drives like a v-6 and is super peppy and sporty. Its a blast to drive and turns on a dime. We got more than what we expected with the SYNC, Sirius, heated seats and AMAZING gas mileage. I get on average 29mpg in the city and I love that since buying the car a month ago I've only filled up twice (including two 160 mile trips). I love the "party lights" and that you can change the color to suit your mood...it makes you feel like you're in a club at night! The sound system is amazing and the SYNC is easy to use once you get the hang of it. My husband even likes it and is very comfortable in it at 6'3". However, it is not a great road trip car for four people over 5'10"...a little tight but still doable! I also was thrown off by the whole "no key" thing but I enjoy it now. I recommend a test drive and bring the whole family to make sure you fit."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Fiesta near Honolulu. See local deals