2002 Ford F350 Super Duty Super Cab

Based on 623 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!

By on Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pros: "Just about everything about this truck rocks."

Cons: "I wish the dually had taller gears (mpg)"

"I didn't need a dually, but this thing presented itself, and it was too good a deal. (I was looking for a crew cab 7.3L long bed.) It had 200,500 miles on it when I bought it. I change the oil at 5000 miles and just about can't get it to use a quart of oil in between. Most will tell you if you want a Ford diesel, the 7.3 is THE DIESEL to get, and I agree. Strong, dependable, and even with 4.10 gears, it gets 18 mpg consistently. I bought the crew cab because I've got three teenagers, and they have plenty of room on a five hour run to the cabin. It's got a REAL back seat. I point this truck up a mountain, and it just wants more. I would look for the XLT. The XLs are often commercial fleet trucks and not treated well. The Lariats are nice, but if that leather hasn't been very well maintained, well, you get the idea. The very first thing to always check is the air filter box clips. if they look loose of broken, walk away. The truck has likely ingested dust for about a $10,000 repair bill. an aftermarket air intake is a must. Don't fear a couple hundred thousand miles, these trucks can take it if they've seen reasonable care. At current values, these are awesome. Powerful, capable, dependable, good looking, and very comfortable. Ford knocked this one out of the park! A shame it wasn't produced longer."

Worried

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"My '04 Super Duty has been great until I started pulling my new horse trailer. So far, one head gasket and on my most recent cross country trip, one EGR cooler. I took it to a Ford truck Center in California when the EGR cooler went out and was told by the Service Rep that he had the same engine in his truck and worried about it everyday. Said the 6.0 is great for a family vehicle, but when you put a trailer on it, or heavy duty use, the engine just doesn't hold up. Of course that made me feel better, considering I only have 40K miles on it and already have been on the side of the road with it twice."

great truck, always certain interior problems.

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "extremely reliable, lots of power when you need it"

Cons: "steering column wiring always a problem"

"I own this truck. Transmission was too light until I got one from Brian's Truck Shop in North Arkansas. He makes 'em from scratch, best ever. Every Ford truck I've had always had same problems: wiring in the steering column gives all kinds of problems for wipers and cruise control disengages when hitting a bump every so often (not every time). Advise getting dual alternators if you get a diesel like mine (7.3L). Don't get anything in Ford diesel except a 7.3L. The other Ford diesels are just trash."

Most Reliable Truck

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"We own 2 F-350s with over 150,000mi on them both. Ones a 2000 and the other is a 2003, both 7.3L's 4x4. A suggestion when you get one and want it to last is to put a transmission pressure lock on if your going to tow with it because Ford designs them to slip into gear which won't last long. We SuperChipped them both and are getting 19.5mpg loaded or not. Our friend owns a 6.0L and the new 6.4L and says they are both terrible designs. He tows or Hotshots accross America for a living and he uses the 7.3L and only the 7.3L. They're just not built to tow and work like the 7.3L If your driving around town it would be good for that but not for towing."

this is my best truck i`ve own thus far.

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "just awsome"

Cons: "seat getting worn out"

"this truck has held up yery well. it has some rust but that is to be expected, it has never been waxed, rarly washed. love the fuel milage it gets 18-20 mpg. not any problems with the motor. 7.3 just love it. hope to get at least another 200,000 on it if not more."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F350 Super Duty Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals