ZIP code

2003 Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab

Based on 623 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!

By on Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pros: "Just about everything about this truck rocks."

Cons: "I wish the dually had taller gears (mpg)"

"I didn't need a dually, but this thing presented itself, and it was too good a deal. (I was looking for a crew cab 7.3L long bed.) It had 200,500 miles on it when I bought it. I change the oil at 5000 miles and just about can't get it to use a quart of oil in between. Most will tell you if you want a Ford diesel, the 7.3 is THE DIESEL to get, and I agree. Strong, dependable, and even with 4.10 gears, it gets 18 mpg consistently. I bought the crew cab because I've got three teenagers, and they have plenty of room on a five hour run to the cabin. It's got a REAL back seat. I point this truck up a mountain, and it just wants more. I would look for the XLT. The XLs are often commercial fleet trucks and not treated well. The Lariats are nice, but if that leather hasn't been very well maintained, well, you get the idea. The very first thing to always check is the air filter box clips. if they look loose of broken, walk away. The truck has likely ingested dust for about a $10,000 repair bill. an aftermarket air intake is a must. Don't fear a couple hundred thousand miles, these trucks can take it if they've seen reasonable care. At current values, these are awesome. Powerful, capable, dependable, good looking, and very comfortable. Ford knocked this one out of the park! A shame it wasn't produced longer."

great truck, always certain interior problems.

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "extremely reliable, lots of power when you need it"

Cons: "steering column wiring always a problem"

"I own this truck. Transmission was too light until I got one from Brian's Truck Shop in North Arkansas. He makes 'em from scratch, best ever. Every Ford truck I've had always had same problems: wiring in the steering column gives all kinds of problems for wipers and cruise control disengages when hitting a bump every so often (not every time). Advise getting dual alternators if you get a diesel like mine (7.3L). Don't get anything in Ford diesel except a 7.3L. The other Ford diesels are just trash."

Worried

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"My '04 Super Duty has been great until I started pulling my new horse trailer. So far, one head gasket and on my most recent cross country trip, one EGR cooler. I took it to a Ford truck Center in California when the EGR cooler went out and was told by the Service Rep that he had the same engine in his truck and worried about it everyday. Said the 6.0 is great for a family vehicle, but when you put a trailer on it, or heavy duty use, the engine just doesn't hold up. Of course that made me feel better, considering I only have 40K miles on it and already have been on the side of the road with it twice."

Most Reliable Truck

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"We own 2 F-350s with over 150,000mi on them both. Ones a 2000 and the other is a 2003, both 7.3L's 4x4. A suggestion when you get one and want it to last is to put a transmission pressure lock on if your going to tow with it because Ford designs them to slip into gear which won't last long. We SuperChipped them both and are getting 19.5mpg loaded or not. Our friend owns a 6.0L and the new 6.4L and says they are both terrible designs. He tows or Hotshots accross America for a living and he uses the 7.3L and only the 7.3L. They're just not built to tow and work like the 7.3L If your driving around town it would be good for that but not for towing."

2003 F-350 CREW

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"Overall very satisfied with the 7.3 diesel. Really happy I did not buy the 6.0. Once broke in it got great mpg. 18 before the chip, and 20 with the chip. Towing my 30' fifth wheel camper (13,000) lbs, 14mpg. Had to replace rear wheel bearings at 38,000, ball joints at 52,000. Truck is up to whatever I put behind it towing, and has a nice, much quieter inside than previous powerstrokes. Also rides suprisingly well for a F-350. Not looking forward to trading this one in. Not at all impressed with the 6.0, or the new 6.4 twin turbo. Both lack h.p. compared to the other big 2. Ford needs to go back to the old 7.3 diesel. Why fix what wasn't broke?"

Great Truck

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I own 2 2002 models, and other year Superduties as well. I have never been left stranded by any of my trucks, and they perform well in temps in the neg 20's, thats as cold as I have gone in them anyway. I work from them and play from them, I use them in all facets of my life. To put it simply, the Superduty trucks will always be my first choice."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Pros: "Great truck has alway done what is asked to do"

Cons: "too long for most parking spaces nowadays"

"I have had since new I have one of the good 6.0L. Other than regular maintance,only have had to replace one injector under warranty.125k had to replace the ficm,sent it out to be repaired came back with 40 hp upgrade for only $225.00.Truck runs better than new.I drive it hard it sees wot everyday. That what keeps the 6.0 running well."

this is my best truck i`ve own thus far.

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "just awsome"

Cons: "seat getting worn out"

"this truck has held up yery well. it has some rust but that is to be expected, it has never been waxed, rarly washed. love the fuel milage it gets 18-20 mpg. not any problems with the motor. 7.3 just love it. hope to get at least another 200,000 on it if not more."

Great truck!

By on Saturday, February 4, 2012

"best vehicle I've ever owned. I put all the miles on it, and it has been extremely reliable. 7.3L is the best engine Ford has ever made, bar none. Wish it was still made, but it's longevity prevented them from selling new trucks as replacements."

Best used heavy truck you can have.

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "Great ability to do work."

Cons: "a little loud when its cold"

"Owned truck for 130000 miles only 1 brake job and 1 set of tires. I love this truck, It seats 6 easily with all 4 doors. I've hauled 14000 lbs alot and all the way up to rolling across the scale at 39620 once(oops)the truck still pulled it well. With exhaust and a tuner on the 7.3 I get 22 in the summer and 18.5 in the winter."

7.3 diesal

By on Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"the best diesal that has been made so far. pull anything you put behind it and last forever."

Over All Good

By on Sunday, December 28, 2008

"Plenty of power when you need it, with or with out a load. Good fuel mileage if your not a heavy foot person. Have gotten 20 hwy with out a load. Does good with Bio Fuel blend. Important with all diesels to drain weekly the water fuel separator some, for normal mile use. Comforts ok, have the bench seat, but can seat six adults with good leg room."

Worst Vehicle Ever

By on Sunday, May 11, 2008

"This was my 4th Ford F series diesl truck. This truck with the 6.0L engine has been in the shop more than out. Ford has not stood behind a engine that they new was having problems since before it was released to the puiblic. As a life long Ford consumer.....Dodge and Chevy are looking better"

Great Preformance from my 7.3L

By on Sunday, December 9, 2007

"2000 F-350 Crew Cab 7.3L Powerstroke. This thing will pull anything I hook up to it. I installed the Bully Dog Programmer with Banks TransCommand Shift Module and this thing will go anywhere and pull anything. I get 18 MPG empty or full. I love the space of the crew cab and the power of the 7.3 Powerstroke"

Best Truck I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Pricey, but worth it in long run."

Cons: "Wish I would have gotten lighted mirrors"

"I bought my first Ford truck in 1977. This super diesel is fantastic. I have to say this is the best truck I have ever owned. Comfortible on long hauls, tows like a dream, diesel is dependable, sits out so plugged in, started all Midwest Winters and its 14 years old. I hate to trade it in on a new one, but have to this year. Going to miss the old girl."

Excellent work truck, great family truck

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "You can count on it to do the job"

Cons: "Hard to park, don't take to the mall"

"I have worked this truck hard for 10 years and it has never failed me. Rides smooth, almost like a performance car. With an 8 foot bed, you can really load it up and it can take it with a smile. I love having a crew cab, cause you can load up the kids and the toys all in one vehicle and off you go."

getting anotherone

By on Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pros: "powerful, longlasting"

Cons: "bad turning radius"

"I had an f350 crew cab long box, I have 310000 miles on it and I still have not put any money into the motor I am going to get another f 350 and hope I my next truck does the same for me"

Above and beyond expectations

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "Most value for the money."

"I've put 178,000 miles on this truck. the only thing that has gone wrong with this truck is a sensor went out and a vacuum line broke on it. I got 121,000 miles out of the first set of tires.that's pulling a 53'trailer hauling equiptment.I just recently moved from Kansas to Florida and got 21mpg fully loaded with all my tools.Not bad for a V10. the worst fuel milage I've gotten is 13mpg pulling a back hoe & bob cat. I've owned Ford pickups all my life startin with a 57. This is by far the best truck I've ever owned. I'm fixing to get another truck and you can bet it'll be another F 350 dually."

Excellent

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "15-18 mpg"

"Best truck I have ever owned. This thing is bulletproof and tows anything I put behind it."

6.0 diesel is a total loser

By on Wednesday, February 1, 2012

"Great ride and looks. An excellent towing vehicle when on flat highway conditions. BUT the 6.0 diesel consistently overheats when under steep upgrades especially when towing. My engines main problem was it's defective EGR valve. This valve was designed to cool down the turbo system but ultimately it fails and turns into the reason the engine overheats. Shop time .. roadside repairs and loss off engine makes this design the worst motor made, period!!!! Buyer beware!!!!"

I'll never buy another Ford!

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Plenty of power, good looking truck."

Cons: "Built Ford Tough is nothing more than marketing."

"When I bought this truck I figured it would last a very long time. Boy was I wrong. This truck has been the worst vehicle I've ever owned. The reliability of the 6.0 diesel engine has been dismal at best and Ford does not stand behind their product but will continue to rake in big bucks for repairs such as blown head gaskets, failed EGR and engine oil coolers and the list goes on and on. Do your homework on this one before spending your hard earned cash. If you don't, you'll be sorry like me and thousands of other owners of Ford trucks with the 6.0 diesel. Don't believe me? Just do a quick Google search of Ford 6.0 class action law suit and see what comes up."

Best Tow Vehicle Around

By on Sunday, October 24, 2010

"This is the most economical, strongest truck I have ever owned. 13 mpg pulling my 10,000 travel trailer. Pulled trailer over 10,000' mtns, passing everything on the road. It's not new, but I am so proud of my truck and the 7.3 diesel is super reliable."

Diesel Pickups just don't get much better ;-)

By on Monday, March 1, 2010

"We special ordered our 2000 F-350 Turbo Diesel (7.3) 4 x 4 Single Rear Wheel Truck in October 1999. It has 107,000 miles on it now and the only things we've repaired or replaced are the starter solenoid ($15), ABS brake sensor ($11) both Motorcraft batteries (they lasted 9 years) ($208) , two power steering hoses replaced by dealer ($627) the disk brake pads once ($80) and four sets of tires. Regularly scheduled maintenance has been performed religiously (primarily by me as well as the more routine repairs) including oil changes every 3000 - 3500 miles fuel filters every 15,000 miles and the recommended coolant additive at recommended intervals. It still uses no oil between oil changes. It is washed regularly and the under carriage is power washed any time it has been on treated roads or off in the mud. I wax it several times a year and leather interior is treated regularly. The truck still looks almost like new. I installed a Bully Dog power chip and 4" exhaust system in 2002 and also purchased a Taylor Turbo Wing to help with towing. Sixty-Thousand miles of the 107,000 miles has been towing a 16,000 pound triple slide Fifth Wheel RV Trailer. The towing has included several trips out west. We've pulled over the Colorado Rockies numerous times and traveled up and down the Canadian Rockies twice. We tow at about 67 mph on the interstate and average 9.9 mpg under these conditions. Driving single on long trips on the interstate at 75 mph we get 15.5 mpg and a pretty honest 14 mpg for regular driving while in our home area. Obviously we have worked this truck very hard but it has exceeded all our expectations and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend any F-350 with the 7.3 Turbo Diesel (1999 - 2002). Not sure about the newer 6 cylinder diesels as we've had friends who purchased trucks with them that haven't had the positive experience we've had with the old 7.3. We plan on keeping this truck until it wears out or we quit traveling in our fifth wheel."

Ford Tough

By on Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"I have owned my truck for three years, and couldn't be happier. It has developed a few oil leaks, but those were taken care of under the warranty. Never lacks power, and I get compliments on how nice a truck it is all the time. When it comes to pick-ups, NOBODY beat Ford..."

1999 ford F350 is the best truck 4 a teen im 18

By on Monday, March 2, 2009

"1999 ford F350 the best truck i did all i could do with this truck it wont give its has 274,000 miles"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals