2001 Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab

Based on 1401 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

Great truck, runs hard, looks good doin it.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

"I used to trade my vehicles in every 6 months or so. This truck I've had for approx 10 years. I'm afraid if I get rid of it, I won't be able to find anything as depepndable or comforatable as this again."

Good Truck

By on Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, off road capabilities, gas mileage"

Cons: "Slow, not much power"

"I love this truck and it's been so good to me for so many years. I bought it in TX and drove straight back from the dealership 1200 miles to MN where i live. The only thing that was wrong with it is that the actuator went out. That was an easy fix although it's going bad again. Overall i've only put maintenance repairs into it except for the ac went out. The biggest problem with this truck is that it's too dull. There is nothing exceptional about this truck what so ever. It's slow, not a huge amount of torque, and the gas mileage is average. I would buy this just for the reliability."

Good Quality

By on Friday, June 4, 2010

"Have owned my 2003 since 06'. Never had an issue with it. 4.6L is a little on the weak side when it comes to towing/hauling anything. Decent fuel economy for a 4x4 truck. Back seat not very comfortable for teens/adults. Like the Auto. Temp. Overall a good truck!"

Great Truck/low mileage/some rust/ 4WD on the fly/

By on Thursday, May 4, 2017

Pros: "cup holders/ash tray/cd player/am-fm radio"

Cons: "some rust"

"Auto everything. Very reliable, some rust but otherwise in great shapw. Has nice topper and bedliner. Price under 4,000.00. Cash or Bank Cashier Check only."

Very Nice Truck

By on Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "n/a"

"I purchased this truck in 2007 and have driven it on long highway trips and on short hauls and carried load capacity and handled fine, driving is comfortable, hardly no sound from road sound in cab, Gas miles are great for the big v8 engine. i have not had to do any major mechanical work at all."

Rides like a Lincoln

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Well built & reliable`"

Cons: "15 mpg for the entire life of the truck but normal"

"By far the best truck I've ever owned. Normal maintenance and a few repairs over the 12+ years I've owned her. It owes me nothing. Well made & reliable That's why I don't want to give her up! Ford does a great job with the trucks. I hope they continue."

Best vehicle I've owned!

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Reliable if taken care of. Easy to work on."

"We bought this truck in 2005 with 95,000 miles on it and it needed new diff carrier bearings. I put them in and have had no trouble with it since. I have replaced all of the c.o.p.s with new MSD coils and it runs great. Very reliable. Mine is rated at 7700lbs and it has towed everything very well thats been behind it. I will keep this truck until I cant drive it anymore. Extremely pleased!!"

good truck

By on Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "no towing power"

"6 cylinder gets about 18 mpg. Very reliable; but very little towing power. If you are looking for a truck for light hauling and commuting this is a great vehicle; if you are looking to tow a RV or trailer this would be a bad choice."

Outstanding Truck!

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"This is by far one of the best trucks that I myself have ever owned, I opted to have the interior wood grain kit and side nerf bars installed upon purchase of the truck, and they added an awesome touch to an already stylish truck. The 5.4L Triton engine has plenty of power and is extremely easy to maintain and service. Fuel economy is a 7 out of 10. This truck is easliy comparable to the Harley Davidson edition, or the King Ranch edition F-150s. Outstanding Truck!"

very good truck

By on Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"I had this truck for 6 years, longest i ever owned a car. Very reliable and really good comeback when people talk smack about fords, i have absolutly no plans to sell it and will rather replace the engine than trading it in for a another truck."

Love my truck!

By on Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"I bought mine used in 2005, she was 3 years old and had about 45k on it. Since then I have run her up over 108k and it still drives like the day I bought it. Mine is a silver FX4 Flareside, and I have never seen another identical. I have tried several times to trade it in for an upgrade to an F250, but I cant bring myself to part with it! It has been reliable, hands down the best I have ever owned and I will probably never get rid of it."

great truck

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"I bought my 03 new. reg.cab,4.2,5speed manual,3.55 posi. on the freeway it gets 22 mpg,town is around 14. The clutch slave cyl. went out but was covered under warranty. Now with 49,000 miles ive had no other problems. If you have to settle for a v6 make sure you get it with a stick. I had prior the same truck except with an auto, had no power,less mpg so I traded for one with a manual. much,much better."

best vehicle ive ever owned!

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "very strong and a fun vehicle to opperate"

Cons: "NONE"

"This truck meet my expectations and surpassed them by miles! Only issue is it needed a shorter and longer battery than the one I got with it but a very easy fix, id recommend this truck to anyone!"

Best vehicle my family has ever owned hands down.

By on Thursday, January 2, 2014

Pros: "Ultra reliable, great utility, great engine, solid"

Cons: "Ride is on the hard side, bad sound system"

"In 2006 I was at my local Ford dealer and saw a beautiful certified pre-owned regular cab F-150 in silver, step side, XLT, with the sport package and the upgraded factory alloys. It had 32K miles on it and was basically brand new. We Bought it for 15,000 and I was happy. Now in 2014, with over 111K miles on it, this little truck has proven itself to be the most reliable and painless to own vehicle we have ever had. To put it into perspective, we have owned many vehicles. Some include include: 69' Thunderbird with a 429, two Lincoln LTDs, an MG Midget, 72' Mach 1, 89' Bronco II, 93' Cadillac DeVille, 2003 Mustang Mach 1, 2004 Cadillac DTS, 2004 RX-8, and a 2010 Fusion Hybrid. All of these vehicles had been purchased new or had under 35k miles on them at time of purchase and all had been well cared for and had all services performed at scheduled times as well as extra things such as injector cleaner, RXP, throttle body cleaners, and many other additives. Oil changes were always at 3-4k mile periods. The F-150 has hands down been the best of the litter in terms of not only utility, but reliability and toughness. It has NEVER broken down or even had anything break for that matter. All that has gone wrong with it is the bulb in the bed light burned out, the spring for the dash cup holder popped out and had to put it back, and the fuse for the AC panel lights blew and needed to be changed. Everything else has been scheduled services as per the factory, tires, new shocks, and break service. The 4.6 SOHC V8 in this truck is a Jewell and a work horse. It may only put out 235Hp but it pulls hard and at cruise turns over at 1800 rpm on the highway. MPG is horrid of course, as were all trucks at the time, but it can still manage 18-19 mpg on the highway if you are careful. This motor and tranny is practically bullet proof as long as you aren't doing something it isn't designed to do like towing loads more than rated. Mechanically, it has been a solid rock. Tranny is still excellent, motor runs like new, power steering does wine a bit but always has, rear diff is still flawless, and the A/C works way way too well. Of course, it would probably show a little more wear if I had been doing a lot of towing but I don't. This truck was for commuting and hauling home improvement materials for as long as we have owned it. Tile, lumber. Wood flooring, landscaping pavers and slate, furniture, and many other things were on the list of regular inhabitants in the bed. The interior has held up like a champ. If it wasn't for a very small worn spot on the left corner of the drivers seat bottom, it would in all seriousness look new. Roof lining, carpets, door panels, the dash, steering wheel, even the center arm rest (this is the 40/60 cloth seats with fold down arm rest) looks like new and functions the same. The only downside to the interior is that the factory sound system is absolutely useless, especially the speakers. They are very easy to change and I recommend doing so. Changing the factory head unit is also very easy to do and I recommend that as well. The exterior has been just as bullet proof as the mechanics and interior. No issues whatsoever. Paint has held up like a champ and has not faded (Texas vehicle but garage kept when home), the bumpers are surprisingly strong and can take a good hit and not show anything from it, and the headlights have no habit of fogging or loosing clarity like some vehicles this age do. Working on this truck is also very easy. The engine bay is quite roomy and everything is easy to get to. Surprisingly, we are still on the original belts and hoses! Still no cracks or any other signs of needing replacement. Even the bed pan is easy to replace if you so desire. As for driving dynamics and comfort, it's a truck from the early 2000's guys. The ride is pretty stiff and bouncy at times but surprisingly it is very smooth and comfortable when on a semi-smooth to smooth road. Going with slightly oversized tires really helps the ride quality quite a bit. The steering response is of course a bit loose and disconnected but still confident and very easy. Breaking is very good although again, it is a 11 year old truck. It isn't like the newer ones. The drivers seat is actually quite comfortable and the cab is very roomy. The passenger seat is not as comfortable and is a bit hard but still OK. Road noise is actually pretty low but the wind noise is pretty high but again, this is common with all trucks of the period. As a comparison, our 2004 Cadillac DTS was purchased certified pre-owned with 39k miles on it. It now has 74k miles in it and has broken and required shop time on 9 different occasions. Mostly electrical issues as well as oil leaks and a few other mechanical problems. We had similar experiences with the 93' Cadillac DeVille. The RX-8 lost an ignition coil at 56k miles which was common for that car and I sold it soon after for financial reasons, we sold the 03' Mach 1 for financial reasons but never had an issue with it after 40k miles, The fusion has 42k on it as of now and has never had an issue. The 89' Bronco II was a lemon but after all the issues were taken care of it became a great little SUV. Albeit underpowered and cramped. Overall, the F-150 has become our pride and joy. No it doesn't ride as nice as the Fusion or the Cadi, it's not nearly as fun as the RX-8 or Mach 1, and it doesn't have all the luxuries of the newer cars, but it has never let us down, has done everything we ever asked of it, and every step of the way it would just shrug its shoulders and ask for more. I love this truck and because it has been such a great vehicle and a great friend, I will never sell it. When it's beating heart finally dies of old age years down the road I will just get it a heart transplant. Even today it still puts a smile on my face because it has been so good to us. It also helps that I have a lot of memories in it :)"

Nicest truck I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pros: "great power,great looks outside and inside"

Cons: "8 mpg,havin fun around town =)"

"I own the 03 two tone silver/black ford harley davidson,This is really the nicest truck I have owned,great performance with the supercharger,and the looks the best as well as the interior all custom from factory,I havnt had any problems with it at all and never let me down,I berned several hemys on the freeway and other trucks the supercharger feature is the best specially at high speeds it gives you a great boost of power,really sad to see it go I am selling it soon because of space isses it only seats 4,and we have 2 kids so that is the main issue,mi kid 4 yo loves it and I think he will miss it as much as i do,"

Good Ford truck

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Very useful vehicle, holds its value!"

Cons: "Gas mileage in town"

"This is my second F-150, and currently have a 4x4. Very useful for everyday needs and hauling, as I am a big guy. Gas mileage not so good, but I offset that by planning my trips. I am retired and would be concerned if commuting to a job. This 2003 with 126,000 has little required maintenance, or service needed. Good reliability! Secure feeling of driving a larger vehicle than these new pubble jumpers showing up. I am keeping it for hopefully another 10 years."

Love my truck!

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "Runs great,great looking;it's turned heads"

"I love this truck. Unfortunately, on this site to check it's value. We were involved in an accident today,not a lot of damage,it's drivable,but just worried about the $$$ value of the damage. The truck is 10 years old and I would be heartbroken if the insurance co. totals it. Love it for too many reasons to list. It's been VERY reliable."

could not do better

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

Pros: "REAL dependable, pleasure to drive"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have owned this truck for 9 years now and I still just love it. The body and drivetrain has held up great. At 10 years old, the A/C and everything is great. Only problem I ever had was a bad fuel pump. Still drives and look like a fresh vehicle."

Great Simple Truck

By on Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pros: "Geat Truck"

"This 2003 Ford F150 Regular Cab has no electric windows or door locks nor electric mirrors. I bought it with 48000 on it and treated as a tool for my job. It now has 103000 on it and is running in tip top shape. I have had it all over the nation with miscelllaneous loads, it has never let me down. Looking to upgrade now so hopefully It can find the same deal out there."

Excellent Truck

By on Thursday, March 12, 2009

"This truck has far exceeded my expectations! With only regular maintenance and care, my STX has over 171,000 miles and is still going strong. It is the most comfortable single cab truck I have ever ridden in and continues to perform now just as it did when I drove it off the dealer lot."

Great vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"I bought mine used. I have logged 75,000 miles over the past three years. I love how much bigger the bed is from the Ranger, and my gas mileage is the nearly identical. Beware the step side bed outer hull is made of fiberglass! Kept clean, the truck will look great forever. I constantly get comments on it and it nothing but stock Toroador red in color. Add a spray in bed liner to any truck yuo own and it enhamces the beauty. Ford may be having troubles these daysd, but this truck is a reminder that a good truck is always going to come off their lines."

By on Sunday, December 30, 2007

"I love my pickup. It is the supercrew with the Lariet Package. The 5.4 liter engine is very adequate. My only concern is the gas mileage. I get around 12.5 MPG city and 16 MPG highway."

Ain't nothing like my Ford150 4x4

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"I have always been a Ford truck woman. My truck is 2002 just turned over to 80,000 miles. Not a lick of problems with it at all. Folks, use the high grade Chevron textron and your gas mileage will be better. I know. When I switched to the different gas, I get much better gas mileage. I would never own nothing but a Ford truck. Silly boys, trucks are for girls too and older women. I LUV MY TRUCK. It still looks brand new and I can go anywhere and do anything with it. What more is there to say?"

Do not try to race anyone.

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"I have only owned ford trucks, and this was my first full size truck. My vehicles before were rangers with the 4.0 v6. All three of them went 250,000 miles plus with zero major repairs. My f-150 is on It's 2nd trans in 51,000 miles. And third slave cylinder. I have never had the first problem with any thing else. The truck is under powered ,but does have a nice ride. The turning radius is nothing to brag about, however I have driven worse."

poor gas mileage

By on Thursday, November 22, 2007

"good running truck, plenty of power , heavy duty suspension, just can't figure why it gets 12.5-13mpg on hwy . Have tried fuel system flush. It should be around 16 -17 I would expect. 15 would be acceptable. Any clues to how to do better? Am a good driver w/ 35 years driving experience and have had other fords and chevys and all were able to get 16-18 mpg hwy. This truck has 35k miles and is a fWD. could this be a break-in thing?"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals