2018 Ford F150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

in the last
90 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/9.0

Based on 71 Ratings for the 2015 - 2018 models.

Terrible 10 speed transmission

By on Monday, February 19, 2018

Pros: "Nice styling and gas mileage"

Cons: "terrible 10 speed transmission!"

"This is my second F-150, my first one was great. However, this 2017 model with the 10 speed leaves much to be desired. I bought a super crew 4x4 with 3.5 liter engine and 10 speed transmission. Overall, I would have to say the truck is comfortable and gets good gas mileage for the size of the truck. However, Ford really dropped the ball with the 10 speed transmission. The truck always seems to be looking for the proper gear under 40 mph and will suddenly up and downshift. I find this very annoying and have had several comments by passengers. I took the truck for service and was assured that is proper shift timing. I like the look and comfort of the truck but would only purchase with the 6 speed auto."

Can not recommend enough

By on Monday, June 19, 2017

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I have owned the base model xl with the 3.5L base engine for one year now. This is my 5th pickup truck and it is by far the best (Im including a 2003 Lightning as part of this estimation.) Although it is the base model, the new truck came with blue metallic paint and upgraded wheels. I was surprised by all the features that were included on this base model( Not sure if I have found them all yet.) AM/FM, CD , Bluetooth, MP3 player, Cruise Control, Fog Lights, AC, Power door locks, mirrors and windows. Also has remote lock key fob. Truck gets 21.8 MPG according to the computer. The truck also has an oil life and tire pressure monitor. I am constantly complimented by random strangers as to how sharp looking this truck is. 3.5L pulls hard all the way to 6500 RPM. Setting the drive mode to Sport setting really wakes the truck up and makes it get to 60 MPH in a hurry. Have not found a flaw with this truck. Wife doesnt like getting in and out of the cab because it sits up pretty high. Bought this truck for about 24k, including my 750.00 veterans discount, 3500 incentive and Ford A-plan."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, January 11, 2018

Pros: "Too many"

Cons: "Size and infrequent rough shifts"

Better in Person

"Lariat 5.0, fully loaded. Rides excellent, features easy to access and use (and Im not a tech person). Its not a vehicle meant for urban traffic and parking garages, too large. I always park away from establishments and dont even look for spaces close to buildings. Negative(s): Tranny can sometimes shift a little rough (usually going from 3rd to 4th) and I had a voltage regulator (overcharging) issue in my alternator (replaced under warranty). And though the MPG is an improvement from the old V8s (around 14.5-16MPGs in city and Im a lightfoot driver) and theres definitely more torque and HP, I thought mileage would be a little better in the city but its excellent on HWY (slightly more than 20MPG)."

Better in Person

It can go just about anywhere and looks great.

By on Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Pros: "Great multipurpose vehicle."

Cons: "Cant think of anything."

"Ive taken this truck into the backwoods on bad/muddy roads and with 4WD and locking differential it can go almost anywhere. The quality and workmanship is great. No problems over the past 15 months/18K miles. Mother in law loves the heated back seat. With the 3.5L Ecoboost the best highway MPG is 24.7 and 20 mpg in the city."

Better than the 2013 Platinum

By on Friday, June 30, 2017

Pros: "Added and improved electronics and safety technolo"

"I stepped down from a Platinum to a Lariat, but the Lariat is not a step down. The 3.5 L Ecoboost with the 10 speed trany is a huge step up. New electronic additions like auto high beams, blind spot aid, improved rear camera with trailer hook up help, improved voice command structure and Android connectivity make the 2017 truly a pleasure to drive. Freeway entry is easy and safe even in heavy traffic because of the power and quickness of the V-6 and 10 speed. I have owned 2 King Ranch superdutys and the F 150 Plaimun, but this is without a doubt the best of them all."