2001 Ford F150 Regular Cab

Based on 1402 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

Great truck, runs hard, looks good doin it.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

"I used to trade my vehicles in every 6 months or so. This truck I've had for approx 10 years. I'm afraid if I get rid of it, I won't be able to find anything as depepndable or comforatable as this again."

Best truck Ive owned in 30 yrs.

By on Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Pros: "See full review"

Cons: "See full review"

"I have had Chevy, Ford, and Dodge trucks in the past. Without a doubt, this truck has served me well and continues to do so. It is comfortable, smooth, quiet, and still starts just as quick as it did the day I bought it. With 275,000 miles and still counting, I sometimes grin as I think about this truck. That is the equivalent of going around the earth 12 times! It is hard not to like FORD for the quality of the truck. The only two aspects that I consider worth noting are: 1- original front rotors are softer and easily warp if towing. Solution: Change to high-end rotors and DONE. 2- You have to know and fully trust in the skills of your mechanic who changes out your spark plugs. The 5.4L engine in 2003 and some other years is known to have aluminum head and there are only about 3 to 4 threads that keep the spark plugs in the cylinder head. If you use the wrong dealership/mechanic or shop, and you can have your hands full with an over-tightened spark plug that can blow out of your engine...about a 1200.00 repair if I recall. If the truck has had TLC over its life, and you have a sharp mechanic, this is not a life-threatening issue.....(that is also true even if the spark plug blows out) I wouldnt think twice about hopping in my truck and driving cross country even now. 275,000 and still on original water pump.....My BMW didnt even make it to 100,000 miles before I had to change that!"

Good Truck

By on Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, off road capabilities, gas mileage"

Cons: "Slow, not much power"

"I love this truck and it's been so good to me for so many years. I bought it in TX and drove straight back from the dealership 1200 miles to MN where i live. The only thing that was wrong with it is that the actuator went out. That was an easy fix although it's going bad again. Overall i've only put maintenance repairs into it except for the ac went out. The biggest problem with this truck is that it's too dull. There is nothing exceptional about this truck what so ever. It's slow, not a huge amount of torque, and the gas mileage is average. I would buy this just for the reliability."

Good Quality

By on Friday, June 4, 2010

"Have owned my 2003 since 06'. Never had an issue with it. 4.6L is a little on the weak side when it comes to towing/hauling anything. Decent fuel economy for a 4x4 truck. Back seat not very comfortable for teens/adults. Like the Auto. Temp. Overall a good truck!"

Very Nice Truck

By on Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "n/a"

"I purchased this truck in 2007 and have driven it on long highway trips and on short hauls and carried load capacity and handled fine, driving is comfortable, hardly no sound from road sound in cab, Gas miles are great for the big v8 engine. i have not had to do any major mechanical work at all."

Rides like a Lincoln

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Well built & reliable`"

Cons: "15 mpg for the entire life of the truck but normal"

"By far the best truck I've ever owned. Normal maintenance and a few repairs over the 12+ years I've owned her. It owes me nothing. Well made & reliable That's why I don't want to give her up! Ford does a great job with the trucks. I hope they continue."

Best vehicle I've owned!

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Reliable if taken care of. Easy to work on."

"We bought this truck in 2005 with 95,000 miles on it and it needed new diff carrier bearings. I put them in and have had no trouble with it since. I have replaced all of the c.o.p.s with new MSD coils and it runs great. Very reliable. Mine is rated at 7700lbs and it has towed everything very well thats been behind it. I will keep this truck until I cant drive it anymore. Extremely pleased!!"

good truck

By on Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "no towing power"

"6 cylinder gets about 18 mpg. Very reliable; but very little towing power. If you are looking for a truck for light hauling and commuting this is a great vehicle; if you are looking to tow a RV or trailer this would be a bad choice."

Outstanding Truck!

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"This is by far one of the best trucks that I myself have ever owned, I opted to have the interior wood grain kit and side nerf bars installed upon purchase of the truck, and they added an awesome touch to an already stylish truck. The 5.4L Triton engine has plenty of power and is extremely easy to maintain and service. Fuel economy is a 7 out of 10. This truck is easliy comparable to the Harley Davidson edition, or the King Ranch edition F-150s. Outstanding Truck!"

very good truck

By on Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"I had this truck for 6 years, longest i ever owned a car. Very reliable and really good comeback when people talk smack about fords, i have absolutly no plans to sell it and will rather replace the engine than trading it in for a another truck."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F150 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals