1999 Ford F150 Regular Cab

Based on 1062 Ratings for the 1997 - 2000 models.

"Built Ford Tough" is right

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"Bought the truck brand new. Fell in love with it ever since then. I have worked it hard and maiteained it well. Driven over 182,000 miles on it so far without any major mechanical failure. The engine (4.6 litre) hasn't missed a beat. I've hauled 2000 ilbs over 500 miles with no noticeable damage to the truck. The engine doesn't burn any oil. The power of the engine is exactly the same when I bought it new. The gas mielage for a V-8 truck is the best in its class. Can't go wrong with this vehicle. I get it now, the reason the F150 has been the best selling truck model now for over 40 years."

Has been an excellent vehicle since new

By on Monday, November 28, 2016

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "Needs 4 wheel anti-lock brakes!"

"I bought new in Feb 1999 and have driven it since then. I have NOT had any major mechanical problems - just routine wear replacements. Seat design is less than OK - Have had two seatcover replacements as there is a metal brace where one sits when entering or exiting the cab and the cover is only good for a short time before it shows a lot of wear. Wish all makes would return to glass headlights that did not fog!"

An Amazing Truck

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "When you need speed you got it! Power to spare."

Cons: "gas mileage not so great, but never a concern"

"I bought this truck new in 1998 in Decatur, Al at a dealer that is no longer there. I traded in a Chevy Scottsdale pickup due to excessive mechanical difficulties and not really knowing much about Ford trucks. I have now been driving my F-150 back and forth from Birmingham to Huntsville on a regular basis for many years and it has never broken down. It has been the best and most reliable truck one could ever imagine and i would not hesitate to recommend a Ford pickup to anyone. I hate to give it up but am going to by a new F-150 within the next month."

Work truck, turned to casual driver

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Reason: Moved to the city

Pros: "lots of power, comfortable, feels big but not f350"

Cons: "MPG, 100k maintenence"

"I originally bought the '97 FX4 extended cab for a lawn mowing business, and after selling the business, kept the truck because of how much I liked it. I owned it from 111k to 126k, and did the first spark plug change and coil replacement, not cheap ($850) but standard maintenance doesn't need to be discounted. 4x4 was not super-reliable in the cold weather (10 degrees F and below), but was a $150 fix. I love the 5.4, and wish it had better mileage than my typical 13-15 mpg, but that baby was fun EVERY time you stepped on the gas. This truck was great at towing, and very stable and capable for larger double-axle trailers; though I mostly towed single axle ATV-style trailers. Sold it when I moved to LA for work. I regret it."

wont be surprised if it makes it to 300k

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable and strong"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I bought this truck for 5k in 2005 with 175k but it already had a new transmission. I replaced the ball joints, #4 coil and a new intake thats it and this truck just won't quit. You can load a scoop of sand on it one day and take it from So Cal to Vegas the next, no problem. And it is such a comfortable ride. Has never let me down."

Good vehicle

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "gas prices are a little high."

"Bought vehicle and was very happy with it. I am unable to get in any longer. Forced to change vehicles and want to recommend this one for anyone."

1999 Ford F150 XLT Triton V8 5.4

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"Honestly i love this truck! it has been very dependable no major problems. When i first bought the truck i was iffy so to speak due to my past experience with Ford vehicles. The truck turned out to be great it had the check engine light on and was fixed within days just some minor air leaks. overall the parts i have added are CAI, Dual 15 Electric fans, 33 MT tires, alpine deck with all new alpine speakers with 2 Kicker CVR and 3000 watt mono. also had fuel economy tune with a DSC chip so instead of the 11 MPG i get about 17 in town which is fantastic for a full size truck with a v8 and 4x4"

Best value and reliability vehicle I ever bought

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, fuel consumption, comfort"

Cons: "A little clumsy in the parking lot."

"A reliable vehicle that seldom needs anything. My v6 5-speed is great on gas for its size and has plenty of power to do any normal task. My first set of tires lasted 160,000 miles. It didn't need spark plugs until after 150,000 miles, and the factory battery lasted 12 years (!). It's not like I never asked the truck to do anything, either. I've hauled loads of furniture, firewood, and other things sometimes hundreds of miles. Among the things that I've never had to service are: clutch/transmission exhaust system rear end Ford might equal the overall value of this truck, but they will never surpass it."

best vehicle I ever owned

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "just keeps going and going"

"this truck is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned, just keeps going"

I can depend on it leaving me stranded

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable to sit in while waiting for a tow"

Cons: "Not reliable"

"I've been a long loyal ford man but this truck changed my mind! I bought the truck with 7,000 miles on it and got a great deal, $10,000 in 2001. at 10,000 miles the transmission went out. At 28,000 miles the front end needed totally rebuilt. At 30,000 miles the transmission went out again, and I bought an extended warranty. at 40,000 miles the oil pump went out and the front end needed rebuilt again. At 49,000 miles the shift solenoid went out in the transmission. Then at 94,000 miles the engine went out. Now at 114,000 miles it needs a new injector and the front end rebuilt again. I guess I was spoiled by my Rainger i owned before the F-150. it gave me 285,000 miles needing little more than oil changes, brakes, and a coupple of clutches."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F150 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals