1999 Ford F150 Regular Cab

Based on 1065 Ratings for the 1997 - 2000 models.

"Built Ford Tough" is right

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"Bought the truck brand new. Fell in love with it ever since then. I have worked it hard and maiteained it well. Driven over 182,000 miles on it so far without any major mechanical failure. The engine (4.6 litre) hasn't missed a beat. I've hauled 2000 ilbs over 500 miles with no noticeable damage to the truck. The engine doesn't burn any oil. The power of the engine is exactly the same when I bought it new. The gas mielage for a V-8 truck is the best in its class. Can't go wrong with this vehicle. I get it now, the reason the F150 has been the best selling truck model now for over 40 years."

An Amazing Truck

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "When you need speed you got it! Power to spare."

Cons: "gas mileage not so great, but never a concern"

"I bought this truck new in 1998 in Decatur, Al at a dealer that is no longer there. I traded in a Chevy Scottsdale pickup due to excessive mechanical difficulties and not really knowing much about Ford trucks. I have now been driving my F-150 back and forth from Birmingham to Huntsville on a regular basis for many years and it has never broken down. It has been the best and most reliable truck one could ever imagine and i would not hesitate to recommend a Ford pickup to anyone. I hate to give it up but am going to by a new F-150 within the next month."

Has been an excellent vehicle since new

By on Monday, November 28, 2016

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "Needs 4 wheel anti-lock brakes!"

"I bought new in Feb 1999 and have driven it since then. I have NOT had any major mechanical problems - just routine wear replacements. Seat design is less than OK - Have had two seatcover replacements as there is a metal brace where one sits when entering or exiting the cab and the cover is only good for a short time before it shows a lot of wear. Wish all makes would return to glass headlights that did not fog!"

Work truck, turned to casual driver

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Reason: Moved to the city

Pros: "lots of power, comfortable, feels big but not f350"

Cons: "MPG, 100k maintenence"

"I originally bought the '97 FX4 extended cab for a lawn mowing business, and after selling the business, kept the truck because of how much I liked it. I owned it from 111k to 126k, and did the first spark plug change and coil replacement, not cheap ($850) but standard maintenance doesn't need to be discounted. 4x4 was not super-reliable in the cold weather (10 degrees F and below), but was a $150 fix. I love the 5.4, and wish it had better mileage than my typical 13-15 mpg, but that baby was fun EVERY time you stepped on the gas. This truck was great at towing, and very stable and capable for larger double-axle trailers; though I mostly towed single axle ATV-style trailers. Sold it when I moved to LA for work. I regret it."

wont be surprised if it makes it to 300k

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable and strong"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I bought this truck for 5k in 2005 with 175k but it already had a new transmission. I replaced the ball joints, #4 coil and a new intake thats it and this truck just won't quit. You can load a scoop of sand on it one day and take it from So Cal to Vegas the next, no problem. And it is such a comfortable ride. Has never let me down."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F150 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals