1998 Ford F150 Regular Cab

Based on 1066 Ratings for the 1997 - 2000 models.

1999 Ford F150 XLT Triton V8 5.4

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"Honestly i love this truck! it has been very dependable no major problems. When i first bought the truck i was iffy so to speak due to my past experience with Ford vehicles. The truck turned out to be great it had the check engine light on and was fixed within days just some minor air leaks. overall the parts i have added are CAI, Dual 15 Electric fans, 33 MT tires, alpine deck with all new alpine speakers with 2 Kicker CVR and 3000 watt mono. also had fuel economy tune with a DSC chip so instead of the 11 MPG i get about 17 in town which is fantastic for a full size truck with a v8 and 4x4"

Most reliable vehicle weve ever owned

By on Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Pros: "This truck has done everything Ive asked it to do"

Cons: "Price to buy a new truck if I ever needed to."

"I bought this truck from a used car dealer ( Part of a Major Car Dealer ) for 11,500.00 with 17000 miles on it. Ive owned this vehicle for 17 years and of all the other vehicles weve owned that my wife drove and weve had to replace ( Mitsibishi Galant,Isuzu Rodeo, 2 Kia Sorentos ) This truck keeps on going despite the fact my wife ran it completely out of oil one time to where the truck would only go 20 MPH to get her home ( at 190000 miles ). I let it cool down put synthetic high mileage oil in it and 116 K miles later its still going.I did have to replace a vacuum rubber elbow that is located on the rear area passenger side of the engine head because they got weak and a hole was in the elbow causing it to suck air causing a miss and another rubber elbow on top of the engine, the starter, batteries of course, tires, Brake Master cylinder, front brakes 4 times and rear twice, I replaced the front wheel bearing not because I had to but come on I had 300 K miles so i did it just because of the mileage, air filters, fuel filters, MAF sensor and rubber housing it was in because it was old and had a leak sucking air ( I put a used one from a junk yard on it. LOL. Replaced the seats because they were so old they were showing thread bear places and dirt, alternator, and windshield because after 17 years it had little chips and cracks, of yes wiper blades, engine oil and filters, basically normal maintenance and nothing more. For a 19 year old truck thats pretty dang good. Trying to decide if I want to sell it and get a F 250 used so I can tow heavier stuff with it, see just how many miles it can go before a major component failure, or just go ahead and rebuild the engine transmission and a new clutch and keep it another 17 years. The trade in value is less than a complete set of tires but the market around here has these trucks selling from 1800.00 to 3500 for an exceptionally pristine truck. You can get much better of a vehicle for your money. Id love to be able to get a new one but since now everyone wants a truck they have driven the prices way out of my range so it will be another used one if I do."

Good vehicle

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "gas prices are a little high."

"Bought vehicle and was very happy with it. I am unable to get in any longer. Forced to change vehicles and want to recommend this one for anyone."

Best value and reliability vehicle I ever bought

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, fuel consumption, comfort"

Cons: "A little clumsy in the parking lot."

"A reliable vehicle that seldom needs anything. My v6 5-speed is great on gas for its size and has plenty of power to do any normal task. My first set of tires lasted 160,000 miles. It didn't need spark plugs until after 150,000 miles, and the factory battery lasted 12 years (!). It's not like I never asked the truck to do anything, either. I've hauled loads of furniture, firewood, and other things sometimes hundreds of miles. Among the things that I've never had to service are: clutch/transmission exhaust system rear end Ford might equal the overall value of this truck, but they will never surpass it."

best vehicle I ever owned

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "just keeps going and going"

"this truck is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned, just keeps going"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F150 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals