2013 Ford Explorer

8.1

Based on 200 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Great SUV

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Great look, very good ride and plenty of room."

Cons: "Bettor gas mileage and MY Ford needs refinement."

"I really like the way my explorer rides and looks. The car has a good feel on the road and highway. The seats are comfortable and there's plenty of room all the way in the back. This car has good pickup and gets reasonable gas mileage. I wish it got bettor gas mileage on the highway. Mine gets 23-24 straight highway. Overall great value and I really like the look of the car inside and out. The electronics is some times a challenge but overall it works well and I like the nav,"

Not worth the money.

By on Thursday, January 9, 2014

Pros: "lots of space, awesome stability"

Cons: "mpg is to low, lots of electronics problems"

"My first Ford is also gonna be my last. It is advertised to do 19mpg but honestly I never got more then 15mpg's out of it. It's true that it is absolutely comfortable and with a lot of space on the inside with good looks on the outside but unless you are a professional driver it is a pain to back up without a camera. I did some good trail/off roading with it and it just sticks to the road. It is amazing how stable it is. But the stability and space are the only things that are good on it. Upkeep on this model is just a pain. Electronics are the biggest issue. From the antenna down to the tires I have had a problem with everything. Ford is gonna tell you there is nothing wrong with it but when everyday something is not working the way it should you know something is wrong. I would not recommend this to anybody. The new models 2013/2014 may be different."

Excellent for first 5K miles

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "Attractive, Good interior room, Gas mileage"

Cons: "Front wheel drive, weak brakes & transmission"

"First NEW car I have been totally satisfied with. As it aged, the quality deteriorated quickly. At 60,000 miles the brakes and transmission are failing. In town and road mileage started out 27 and 29. At 60K miles, it has dropped to 23 and 26.. Never got used to the front wheel "swerve factor". It can make you lose control if you hit the gas too much when turning, as to merge into moving traffic from a side street."

Outstanding ride, comfort and handling

By on Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pros: "Great SUV for the price."

Cons: "No arm rests on the 2nd row bucket seats."

"We traded a 2008 Toyota Higlander Limited, loaded for the new 2013 Explorer. My wife drove it as a comparison to a Cadillac XRS and GMC Acadia Denali. The Ford wowed her on ride, handling and safety features. We haven't had any computer issues (at least not yet) and the only thing I noticed upon delivery was a few paint chip flaws which the dealer will fix. The Explorer Limited is loaded (except for DVD) which we never used on the Toyota once the grandkids grew into cell phones and ipads. Would highly recommend you test drive one before deciding on a new vehicle. We're averaging around 18 mpg in town since purchase with the 3.5 V6."

I want a dependable car!

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Looks Great"

Cons: "Problems with features"

"It leaks water in the rear seatbelts.It has had a few other problems also. I'm paying a lot of money every month for a car that has been in the shop 7 weeks already. I love the way it looks and drives. I may have to trade it. I'm sad :("