2011 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews

Power and Style

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Pros: "Power"

Cons: "Fuel Economy"

"I bought my Explorer Sport new in 2014. I purchased it for the power and technology options. Overall I'm still happy with it. Although I don't need the 3rd row seat, I've only used it a couple of times, I wanted the option and space. What I do like is the flexibility in loading up the back. With the 3rd row seat down, it provides a couple of storage options. We've hauled furniture easily. You can't beat the power, and overall sexiness of the vehicle. The seats are all comfortable for a 600 mile trip. The options for adaptive cruise control and automatic headlight shut off have been great features. Heated/Cooled seats along with auto start made this car very comfortable when getting in. I can auto start my car before leaving work when it's 100 degrees, and when I get in the car, it's nicely cooled off ready to drive. The only thing I'm not wild about is the fuel economy. I did sacrifice this a bit by buying the Sport, and overall, I will give up a few MPG for the comfort and power."

Love our Explorer; We're proud to drive it.

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Pros: "Perfect for family of 4 +, great for road trips."

"2015 STL, two wheel drive. We bought it for towing a camper. It came with a towing package. We sold the camper. We also wanted to be able to take our four grandchildren in one car. Now two of them are moving to another state. We hate to give up our pride and joy but we now need a smaller car. Leather seats; heated front seat. We have back seat air, folding second and third row seats, giving us large area of flat room all the way to the back of the front seats. Large storage space behind third row seats when upright; auto hatch open and close with remote. Phone connect for hands-free talking. Back up camera. Blind spot mirrors. I have trouble navigating one of the features on the dash screen because of movement. Great turning radius. Love front console. Sturdy tires. Seats are easy to convert."

2014 EXPLORER SPORT - AWESOME

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, quick, attention grabber"

Cons: "people think i'm a cop, wish radio went louder"

"Awesome car! This is my first SUV I've had and i love it. I feel the right height is perfect. Not too low, and not to high. I dont feel like i'm going to rip my pants when trying to get in like I feel when i'm getting in my buddy's F-150 (no step), yet its high enough to see the road and feel confident while driving. the interior provides options for different interior configurations and it seemed to work perfectly for the one road trip i've had so far. when i first bought the car i though it was a big sluggish than expected. However, I have about 4,000 miles on it now and it seems to be getting quicker everyday and its now about the level i expected it to be. (love hovering around 40mph then punching it!) also, i feel confident in quick cornering, i dont feel like i'm going to tip over. i've even taken the circle exit ramps at 50mph no problem as i would in my mustang also. overall i'm happy with it 100%.. no regrets. i love the look of the sport amd i wouldnt have it any other way. One downside is by having a white explorer with a black grill many people think i'm a cop from a distance so i've seen may car in front of me slow down when i'm coming up on them! (but its also funny). i love the car and i wouldnt trade it for anything. but there a just a couple con's i've came up with: 1. myford touch doesnt recognize pandora 2. i cant get lane keep assist in the sport model 3. i cant get park assist in the sport model 4. no HID lights w/ LED license plte light 5. no automatic wipers.... for 50k i'd expect automatic wipers and HID's to make it look like its worth every bit of that 50,000 i have everything fully loaded besides the screens in the headrest and my sticker price was 49,700. however i'm leasing the car on the Z-plan. 2,000 down 466/month for 24months. 15k miles/yr. hope this helps!"

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted