2011 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews

cruise control does not engage properly on down

By on Monday, July 31, 2017

Pros: "I like to tavel in this explorer"

Cons: "The mpg is low and the disfunctional cruise contro"

"finally got the dealer tech to analyze the cruise control. Agrees about over speeding. Ford engineering say that is the way it is. It can over speed as much as 30 mph. This is a safety issue that doesnt seem to concern anyone at Ford. the local tech agreed that the over speed is excessive but a fix was out of his hands. I have 2 other vehicles a 1990 Montero & a 2012 Prius that do not have this problem in spite of having put a after market cruise control on the Montero"

2014 EXPLORER SPORT - AWESOME

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, quick, attention grabber"

Cons: "people think i'm a cop, wish radio went louder"

"Awesome car! This is my first SUV I've had and i love it. I feel the right height is perfect. Not too low, and not to high. I dont feel like i'm going to rip my pants when trying to get in like I feel when i'm getting in my buddy's F-150 (no step), yet its high enough to see the road and feel confident while driving. the interior provides options for different interior configurations and it seemed to work perfectly for the one road trip i've had so far. when i first bought the car i though it was a big sluggish than expected. However, I have about 4,000 miles on it now and it seems to be getting quicker everyday and its now about the level i expected it to be. (love hovering around 40mph then punching it!) also, i feel confident in quick cornering, i dont feel like i'm going to tip over. i've even taken the circle exit ramps at 50mph no problem as i would in my mustang also. overall i'm happy with it 100%.. no regrets. i love the look of the sport amd i wouldnt have it any other way. One downside is by having a white explorer with a black grill many people think i'm a cop from a distance so i've seen may car in front of me slow down when i'm coming up on them! (but its also funny). i love the car and i wouldnt trade it for anything. but there a just a couple con's i've came up with: 1. myford touch doesnt recognize pandora 2. i cant get lane keep assist in the sport model 3. i cant get park assist in the sport model 4. no HID lights w/ LED license plte light 5. no automatic wipers.... for 50k i'd expect automatic wipers and HID's to make it look like its worth every bit of that 50,000 i have everything fully loaded besides the screens in the headrest and my sticker price was 49,700. however i'm leasing the car on the Z-plan. 2,000 down 466/month for 24months. 15k miles/yr. hope this helps!"

Bought a 2014 XLT too

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2016

"Pros: Wifes favorite car ever in last 30 years cause it does eveything. Comfort, roominess,(carries a Great Dane plus our kids) No blind spots, 22mpg, Tows a 3,000lb boat no problem. Cons: Battery dead at the 2 year point on both SUVS @$140.00. Drivers side armrest cracked on both SUVS, (under warranty). Brake dust/metal, leaves rust spots on white or silver paint."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted