2011 Ford Explorer

8.1

Based on 231 Ratings for the 2011 - 2018 models.

Ecoboost engine is a joke

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

Cons: "MPG, Underpowered, MFT, Not Roomy."

"The Ecoboost engine is an underpowered, overpriced and gas guzzling joke. The gas mileage isn't better than my V6 F150 ext cab. And MyFord Touch has too many problems. I've even asked the dealer to just remove the thing and replace it with a normal climate and radio system."

best 5th generation Explorer on the market

By on Saturday, November 21, 2015

Pros: "Style and reliability are definitely present"

Cons: "exterior body molding could be more durable"

"They have finally made a 5th generation Explorer that can go the distance. The SUV is great on the highway with minor off road capabilities. The forward wheel drive XLT is great in snow and rain alike. Just make sure you have good all season snow tires."

List of issues before first oil change

By on Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Pros: "Great engine, good looks."

Cons: "Bubbling paint, overall poor fit/finish"

"Before we even got our first oil change we had several issues with our 2015 Ford Explorer Sport. In fact, it has been at our local dealership for over 3 weeks now. Several of the issues we had were minor, some distorted exterior rubber molding, defective interior vent, and an annoying omni-directional interior rattle, but the major issue is PAINT. Specifically the hood paint has started to bubble along the front edge of the hood. We also had some paint issues on the rear passenger side door and the upper rear passenger side quarter panel (near the roof-line), which can only be described as "surface prep" issues. By the account of online reviewers AND our own dealership service department this is a well known issue with these vehicles. Due to our vehicle being so new Ford had no choice but to honor the warranty, but it appears consumers with higher mileage haven't been so lucky. What does this mean for us when this issue comes up again further down the road? There are things we like about this vehicle, looks, power, electronic gadgets, but it's really hard to see those things through the issues. My dealership is trying to make it right, but unfortunately even with the repair my vehicle has been permanently devalued. I own two Ford vehicles right now and these will be my last."

Not a good vehicle for a person 55 and older

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pros: "Nice style both inside and out."

Cons: "SYNC System. Electronic system."

"I have had numerous problems with the SYNC System. Returned it to dealer numerous times. Hope the update coming out in March 2012 helps correct this. I have had the steering wheel and transmission lock up while backing up. The GAP system on Cruse Control is not reliable,goes out in rain, snow, wind or for no reason. Ford realizes the problem"

Best vehicle I've ever bought

By on Saturday, October 4, 2014

Pros: "Handles great. Looks great. AC seats"

Cons: "too small to list"

"Handles awesome in the weather this past winter. Took a long road trip, and the 20" tires are so smooth on the highway. I have received so many compliments on the looks of the vehicle. Bluetooth is great. Has incredible acceleration. I love this vehicle."