2004 Ford Explorer

7.5

Based on 1158 Ratings for the 2002 - 2005 models.

My favorite vehicle of all times

By on Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Pros: "Love almost everything about it"

Cons: "Third row is a pain to get into"

"I owned many cars ,trucks, caravans and I have to say my 2004 FordEplorer is my favorite. It's definitly not a feminine vehicle .i have 189,000 miles with all origanal parts. I finally had to replace parts but only had to spend $2,500 for all new tires, bearing, upper lower control arm, alignment some rear work as well. This Truck never stood me wrong. I love how it rides. Mind you its not a smooth ride like a Honda pilot. This is a manly truck. I am afraid to get a newer model, newer is not always better"

This truck does it all for me Eddie Bauer V8

By on Monday, February 18, 2013

Pros: "Will do it all, haul people, cargo, lots of power"

Cons: "Bad reviews info screen too dark in daylight"

"I choose the 2002 explorer even though i have heard about all the problems, owning all fords my whole life i felt like i couldn't go wrong. I purchased it used from a ford dealership with 68,000. I have owned this vehicle for 4 years, eddie bauer v8 all wheel drive. I was a little apprehensive about this purchase, but i have to say that 4 years later i am very happy, only minor problems, i have put on 45,000 miles in four years, from highway driving, light off road/sand-dirt, and snow. I have heard alot of bad reviews about transmissions, and other serious problems, maybe im lucky, i have not experienced any of the major problems, i maintain it very well, changing major fluids before recommended intervals sometimes in the crucial areas like trans, transfer case, coolant. It is very fast, lots of extra power with the v8 that you don't get with the v6, i guess only time will tell!"

Really like this vehicle

By on Thursday, June 18, 2015

Pros: "Just about everything is great."

Cons: "plastic hatch, high seats"

"This is a great vehicle. Big enough to handle just about anything you want to carry. Runs great and has alot of getup and go. Very safe feeling car. The only 2 things I didn't like about this car was the small hatch in the back is made of plastic and cracked. I've seen many others with the same defect. The other thing is that I'm 6'3" tall, and the drivers seat is alittle to high. Can't adjust it down enough for me. Other than that, this car has been very reliable and great for trips and around town driving. When I have to sell it, I'm going to be very unhappy."

an amazing vehicle!

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pros: "fun, depedable, comfort, powerful"

"this truck has took me and my family everywheres. Has never let us down. It really does run all day everyday everywhere i use it to go to work then my wife uses it to go to work and inbetween it does all the stoping and going for all three of are children all week then on the weekends it takes us to are family away places. its great off roading never got stuck and we been very deep in mud. hold alot of wait. and has plenty of room for all of us plus bagged. it a great dependable truck and the gas millage is great i think we get 19-20 highway and 17 city."

LOVED this vehicle!

By on Saturday, April 28, 2012

Reason: traded in for better mileage and newer

Pros: "All the features of a luxury car, pretty, dependab"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"It was just time to get a smaller car with better mileage, since I recently sold my horse trailer and won't need a vehicle able to pull it. I'm sad to say good-bye to my beautiful, dependable Explorer! Lots of great memories of horse shows with my daughter, <3"