2003 Ford Explorer

7.5

Based on 1160 Ratings for the 2002 - 2005 models.

Best SUV I've Owned

By on Thursday, January 14, 2010

"There has been nothing wrong with my Explorer other than an alternator. I have gone through some gruesome off road trails and rough Minnesota winters with this vehicle and it comes out of all of it standing tall. I've had Blazers and previous Explorers and this one is the best. I sell Ford's and I would highly recommend the 2003-2005 models. I don't so much like the newer ones. I feel the styling and functionality is rather cheesy. You've picked a winner if you're reading this!"

Excellent Vehicle, Very Safe

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"We bought our 2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4 brand new almost 6 years ago. It has always been a dependable and comfortable vehicle. Drives better than any other SUV on the market, comfortable and quiet also. We have not had any trouble with this vehicle at all. It had a recall for the hinges on the back window and that is the only time in it was in the shop over 146,000 miles driven. Performed all regular maintenance on it myslef. 4x4 with average MPG at 19 with 22-23 MPG on the highway. Without towing package it would have been even better since it would have been geared differently. The only reason the quality is at 4 stars is that it developed a slight vibration/rattle in the dash that I had to correct. I was looking forward to many more miles but someone else interrupted that. I was side swiped, went through a ditch, hit a culvert, flipped over and rolled 3 times yesterday. That's right yesterday. All 4 doors still open and the cabin is not compromised at all. I cut my seatbelt off-I was upside-down-, climbed out and called a wrecker. No injuries. I know that if I was in my wife's Acura MDX that it would not have held up as well and I probably wouldn't have been as protected. The Explorer is a solid, reliable, and safe vehicle. Hands down the class of the field."

Taking a chance!

By on Thursday, August 14, 2008

"Just picked up a 2002 Eddie Bauer Explorer Loaded with 80,000miles. I read the reviews and decided to get an extended warranty to cover the vehicle. Its a great SUV. It seems everyone who hates the explorer are people who didn't get an extended warranty and dished out $$$$. In fact the day I bought it I brought it back and they replaced the transmission. Now is a great time to pick up one of these. But get the warranty! I got my explorer in perfect condition for 7K. 5 years ago they ran $35,000."

Awesome Vehicle! I am 60+ and want another one

By on Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Pros: "Vehicle Size is perfect; 3rd row seat is a plus"

Cons: "Needs more USB slots - glove box & rear seat"

"We leased the Explorer LTD, and at the end of our 3 year lease, we purchased the vehicle. I am a 60 year old grandma, and I just LOVE this car. It "turns on a dime" - the driving radius is incredible. It is extremely comfortable to sit in, I feel safe in this vehicle. I will be purchasing a NEW Explorer within the next few months! I can not imagine life without an Explorer. It is PERFECT for hauling our toddler grandson and all of his "gear"! We babysit him everyday, and the Explorer has been fantastic."

Best Vehicle ever!!!!

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "All around I cant complain"

"Okay I want to first start off by saying I owned 2 Ford Cars and hated it and swore up and down for all the issues I went threw with Ford and the cars I Said I would never buy a Ford Again. However For some reason something told me to buy a Ford Explorer. So I did and I have to say I have owned so many cars and this one is my favorite. I have 181000 2004 and have no issues no leaks no nothing. Cant wait to purchase a FORD truck in the future. I love My Explorer"