1994 Ford Explorer

7.5

Based on 257 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

ford explorer 4x4

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Reason: not enought pass. need more seats

"need more seats so I plan on selling so I can buy a big vanhad fun time with truck new fuel pump used new motor lot of elect. part's new new tie rod end's repacked bearring's eddie bruaer edit. 1994 ford explorer 4x4 tow pack. new tires about month ago new wipers new windshield leater int. sun roof color black with tan"

Solid

By on Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"Don't let the old school design fool you, these things are rugged, solid, dependable trucks. The 4.0 will run forever and take any abuse you throw at it. The automatic transmission and the electrical are the Achilles heels of these old trucks, but they're tough. My 94 has 173,000 on it (original engine) and I use it for a work truck. You can't kill the engines in these, and the body on frame construction is a lot more rugged than the modern unibody stuff. The AC is weak in these things, and they do love their gasoline, but if you need a solid and cheap runner that can haul a lot of stuff, these are pretty versatile and rugged trucks."

First Car for Me, First Car for My Kids

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"I have a '94 Eddie Bauer Edition Ford Explorer and she has been the best for me. I got her for Christmas about 4 years ago in 2006. She's became the biggest part of my life then. I lived in Hot Springs, AR at the time and was in the 10th grade. Most of my friends all had little put-put cars to get them to school and back, but not me. :) I could comfortably fit 5 people (more if they sat in the cargo area ;) ) Not to mention, everybody's parents felt that their kids were safer in my big vehicle. And when it snowed, I would use her to drive kids home when their cars wouldn't start. This thing became THE public mode of transportation of my high school career. Then, in 2009, she broke my heart, as well as my bank. The transmission went out. It had, according to the odemeter, 79,000 miles. The previous owner never drove the thing, it sat in a garage. My dad paid 3,000 for it and it cost me 2,300 to fix it, plus a 400 dollar engine tune up and another 400 for tires. Since then, however, it has been 100% reliable. No more issues. I even used her to move out from Arkansas to Arizona. Because of U-Haul's "No Explorer" Rule, I had to find a way to pack my room into my Explorer. I did, everything I owned went into the back of this truck (and I have ALOT of stuff!) Now in Arizona, I'm playing chauffeur again running my siblings and parents here and there. As long as I take care of her, which I am and will, my mechanic says she'll run forever. Long enough even, for me to pass her down to my kids for their first car. She's coming up on the big 100,000 mile mark soon, we'll see what happens. :)"

94 4 dr. XLT

By on Sunday, June 20, 2010

"This has been an amazing car for me through high school! It has around 210,000 miles on the engine. Still runs great. Only one problem, starter went out about a year ago. Got it fixed, runs great. Went two years without an oil change because the pin was stuck. Paint is great, small bit of rust under doors. This car has gone through tons with me. Gas mileage was 14-17 mpg. Looks better than the day I got it. Paid 500 for it, so worth it! Love my Explorer"

Truly Lucky

By on Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"I've had this truck since 1995. I bought it used with about 27K miles on it. It now has 259,000, yes folks, two hundred fifty-nine THOUSAND miles on it!!! Keeping up with maintenance is important. First alternator-3 years ago, first A/C work this year. It's a stick so we've done a couple of clutches and at 217K had to replace the entire manual trans, but that was still great! The engine is the original, never overhauled, but definitely has lost some umph, it runs fine and gets me where I need to go. My 97 Explorer, that was a hunk of junk! I should get a free car from Ford for this milestone!!! I definitely got my money's worth!"