ZIP code

2002 Ford Explorer Sport

8.1

Based on 324 Ratings for the 2000 - 2003 models.

Love this car

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "great to drive, lots of cargo, reliable"

Cons: "not a good wet road vehicle :D"

"The engine runns better than most vehicles I have drvien.4l is just about right for country living and an active person (i.e. for hobbies, construction etc) Smooth ride. Towing package allows to do just about anything I have ever needed. As the second owner of the car, have not had many issues at all. Perfect for single person. With the two door set up, might not be most convenient if you have kids... Love the ability to lay down back row of seats... creates tons of cargo room!!!!! I have had little issues and it the car has served me through 200,000 miles."

Saved my life

By on Sunday, January 10, 2010

"I bought this vehicle for my wife brand new in '02.Has been an absolute pleasure to own.No problems at all in 86k miles.Great power with the V6.Good fuel economy.Was in a terrible accident yesterday with my granddaughter and great grandson with me.The truck was totaled,but we all walked away.I'm convinced this truck saved our lives.There should be a category for safety.It would get 10 out of 5 from me.Will be looking for another one."

no bad for a small suv

By on Monday, January 7, 2008

"I really wanted and SUV and couldn't afford the escape . . I love this car. its two flaws are the small gas tank (i have to refill my tank every 220 miles) and its a bit of an incovenience getting in an out of the backseat . . so go with the 4 door if your always having people ride with you. My favorite part is that the seats fold down almost flat and i fit a whole loveseat in the trunk! oh my car has 76,000 miles, the only maitenance needed was replacing the rusty breaks (stupid salty michigan winter roads)"

Great Truck

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"Bought it new in 2001 for my son. He went off to school and I kept it. I loved it and still do. Aside from the choppy ride, which takes some getting used to, there is nothing I do not like. It handles well, lots of cargo space, great visability and I feel very safe in it. Mileage is not too bad and mechanical repairs have been nil. Good solid vehicle."

It's been very reliable

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"I bought it new and the only problems that I have ever had with it was two rear wiper motors failed under warranty. No other problems at all. It has been used as a highway car getting me from one client to another all over the eastern USA. Overall Highway mileage is 23.5. I've towed my boat and hauled everything that I can carry in it with no problems. It still has the original brakes and I have always done the scheduled maintenance on time. It has been a great vehicle and I count on it every day. The truck still looks new."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Explorer Sport near Honolulu. See local deals