2002 Ford Explorer Sport

8.1

Based on 324 Ratings for the 2000 - 2003 models.

It's been a good

By on Friday, April 15, 2016

Pros: "Dependable, not many mechanical issues."

Cons: "HORRIBLE in snow, don't be fooled by 4WD."

"This is a decent ride, and hasn't given me many mechanical problems overall. However, living in Colorado it sucks in the snow! Yes, the 4WD helps, but it's so light that it's easy to lose control. I've hydroplaned off the side of the highway, and lost control many times in the snow. It's just not safe in weather. Other than that, it's been a decent ride."

most reliable vehicle I drove

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "reliable, fun, 4wd, stylish"

Cons: "noisy interior bad on bump torsion bar front susp."

"I got this from my cousin who bought a new vehicle. I had it since 150,000 mi. and I now have 170,000mi. and its a great vehicle. The only thing I did was regular maintanance and changed the fuel pump (original after 168.000miles!). Also shocks. Its a great truck and runs strong after all those miles and I will continue."

Love this car

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "great to drive, lots of cargo, reliable"

Cons: "not a good wet road vehicle :D"

"The engine runns better than most vehicles I have drvien.4l is just about right for country living and an active person (i.e. for hobbies, construction etc) Smooth ride. Towing package allows to do just about anything I have ever needed. As the second owner of the car, have not had many issues at all. Perfect for single person. With the two door set up, might not be most convenient if you have kids... Love the ability to lay down back row of seats... creates tons of cargo room!!!!! I have had little issues and it the car has served me through 200,000 miles."

Saved my life

By on Sunday, January 10, 2010

"I bought this vehicle for my wife brand new in '02.Has been an absolute pleasure to own.No problems at all in 86k miles.Great power with the V6.Good fuel economy.Was in a terrible accident yesterday with my granddaughter and great grandson with me.The truck was totaled,but we all walked away.I'm convinced this truck saved our lives.There should be a category for safety.It would get 10 out of 5 from me.Will be looking for another one."

no bad for a small suv

By on Monday, January 7, 2008

"I really wanted and SUV and couldn't afford the escape . . I love this car. its two flaws are the small gas tank (i have to refill my tank every 220 miles) and its a bit of an incovenience getting in an out of the backseat . . so go with the 4 door if your always having people ride with you. My favorite part is that the seats fold down almost flat and i fit a whole loveseat in the trunk! oh my car has 76,000 miles, the only maitenance needed was replacing the rusty breaks (stupid salty michigan winter roads)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Explorer Sport near Honolulu. See local deals