2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Based on 483 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Shame on Ford!!!!

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Awesome truck."

Cons: "Wished it was stick, engine mounts"

"We bought this used in 08, with about 100000. I needed a pilot vehicle. Not too big, not to small. I needed a pickup that could jump from a dead stop, have take off. I hated a Dodge Dakota, the Toyota Tacoma was not big enough, the Tundra didn't have the jump.... This is an awesome truck. It has never let me down. The only con, is the engine mounts. Total disintegration. That is their only downfall. Every other trac I have seen has bad mounts. Shame on Ford for not making them anymore. I met a guy that HAS and still drives, a 2003, with over 440,000. He said he has only done tune ups. I wish they would make them again. I would buy it. I am sure others would too."

Quite possibly the perfect light truck

By on Friday, July 5, 2013

Pros: "Great size/functionality, runs no matter what"

"I bought my 01 used in mid 05 and it's been a joy ever since. With over 160,000 miles you might expect some problems but the only things I've done have been routine- bulbs, shocks, etc... This truck has driven me and my family from NC to TX to FL and back(repeatedly). It's made it through Bavarian winters, and crossed the Atlantic twice(currently on it's way to CO). The only things I don't like are relatively minor and have been corrected on the newer models. I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off- I'm certain it will last that long."

Almost 300,000 miles and not slowing down

By on Friday, August 9, 2013

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "cup holders"

"I am the orginal owner and have loved the ten years I have driven this vehicle. Regular maintenance is all it has needed. Still drives great and gets 17.5 mpg on a regular basis. The only complaint I have is the cup holders. Somebody didnt think those through. Wish they would bring it back."

great truck

By on Thursday, May 7, 2009

"bought this truck because i lived in mntns and needed 4wd and have 2 kids and needed 4 doors. not really a ford person untill i bought this truck. bought truck about 4 and a half years ago with 50000 miles, now has 192000 and still going strong. had to redo tranny at 170000 . but who can complain about that.but other than that only reg maint. it has been one of the best automobiles i have ever owned.oh and by the way, i drove it from chicago to greenbay through the worst blizzard in recorded history on the interstate in 4wd and it did Great!!!!!!! as all the other cars and trucks were crashing all around me"

A beautiful and reliable car

By on Sunday, July 26, 2015

Pros: "Beautiful car, nice to drive"

Cons: "No cons, due to health reasons we must sell."

"I am the original owner and have maintained this car even better than the book calls for, it is near flawless in side and out"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Explorer Sport Trac near Honolulu. See local deals