ZIP code

2017 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $46,208 - $50,633.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 07/27/2017

10/7.9

Based on 9 Ratings for the 2015 - 2017 models.

Per Page:  5 | 10

Great Fullsize SUV

By on Thursday, October 8, 2015

Pros: "Easy to drive, Well Equipped, Quiet, Powerful"

Cons: "Interior Materials, No cargo tie downs"

"I will start by saying that my wife refers to me as a "research geek". I really research and dig into things, especially for large purchases like a vehicle. In this case I compared the Expedition, QX56, Yukon, and Tahoe. All have similar options. I am a fan of the rear bench seat because I don't like losing a seating position with the bucket seats. The Expy by far has the most leg room in the third row. It drives really easy and smooth. The Ecoboost engine really surprised me. The one odd thing is how quiet it is. It doesn't seem right at first if you are used to a large V8 vehicle. Don't be fooled, it moves along really well. Plus the torque is realized at a much lower RPM than the Yukon's and Tahoe's which is where you can actually use it when towing. Hitting peak torque numbers up around 4000 rpm is basically worthless for towing. The Expy hits peak torque around 2100 rpm. That is pretty good for a gas engine. I recently towed a 23 foot wakeboard boat and it was great. Smooth and had plenty of power. The one drawback is the interior finishing material. It's done well, its just more plastic material than the fancier woodgrain stuff you will get in an XLT or Denali Yukon. But that being said, it's still nice and the overall the controls are laid out well. The other drawback is that there are no tie downs in the cargo, which is odd. No d-rings to attached a strap or bungee cord to. Also, with the windows up, air off, and radio off you pickup a slight whine from the turbo's, but nothing annoying or overbearing. For reference, I purchased a 2015 Expedition Limited with the upgrades for power moon roof, power steps, and 22" rims. It's basically a Platinum without the platinum badge and seat stitching."

Impressive

By on Wednesday, September 7, 2016

I want this car

Pros: "On-road driving dynamics defy it's size"

Cons: "interior is dated."

"My family goes on an ski trip to Co every year, last year we got an Expedition EL as our rental, and thought nothing of it - it was big could handle 8 and was a 4x4. By the 100th mile we were all thoroughly impressed, it handles the grades and curves on I-70 so competently I had to consciously keep the speed down, as the Expedition feels as though you could run flat-out without a worry. Around town it drives smaller than it is, outward visibility is very good. As a rental we received an XLT with cloth seats and I'll say "they did the job". We didn't get much snow while we were there perhaps 5", the 4x4 system handled it without a worry. We did visit Strawberry Springs which has an unimproved dirt road that was muddy and very slick with steep drop-offs in some places, again the Expedition gave us no reason to worry. The EB engine's low-rpm power is impressive and gives confidence, as others have noted, it's very quiet so the available power is somewhat surprising, and very welcome.I had been looking at Mid-size SUV's as a replacement for my current mini-van / truck fleet, however after this trip the Expedition made it to the top of list. Just my opinion - the EL is the model to get, with that the Expedition was able to handle a weeks worth of luggage for 7 without overflow into the seating area."

I call my SUV " DUKE " my favorite actor & vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Pros: "the look, ecoboost V6. it tows like a super duty."

Cons: "Not the sexiest vehicle but, I am 68."

"I sold Chevrolet's for 20 plus years, for political reasons when it was time for a new truck I bought a 2013 F150 Lariat Super Cab " loved it but needed more interior space " so traded for my 2015 Expedition XLT. I've had my Expedition for about 5 weeks & have 3000 miles on speedo. This is my 2nd 3.5 V6 ecoboost & is my favorite engine of all time, all the smooth power you will ever need, great mpg; I can honestly put the cruise on 60 & get 24 mpg, now when you get into town your mpg may vary. One reason is it is hard not to push that peddle at the stop light & leave almost everyone in the mirror. The seats are very comfortable the steering is light & the big ford handles quite well & I have zero problem in cramped spaces, very good field of vision & has rear camera. I feel safe & I feel good when driving " DUKE " so smooth & so quiet that unless I put the window down I can't hear the turbo's spool up. I really like the large easy to use redundant radio & a/c knobs & the 6 speed transmission is very smooth, after a bit of use learns my driving habits & shifts accordingly & as for the new front end style it has joined the F150 family with a manly, tough look. So in case you have not picked up on how I feel about " DUKE " I highly recommend the 2015-2016 Ford Expedition."

ford saved my life

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "safe"

"this is a really safe suv i was headed home after picking up my kids from school in Mooresvill when a huge dump truck plowed into the passenger side than we tumbled into the water and we survived get this car and thank me later"

Great car for a great price

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "great price, family friendly."

Cons: "needs more second row legroom, not bad though."

"The 2015 Expedition is a great SUV. its roomy and pretty comfy. It makes my wife, kids and I happy while we all drive in it. The 2015 Expedition is a nice family car, with a good cargo room, but the Chevy Tahoe and GMC yukon have a little more room, its nothing to go too crazy about, but they are a little more accommodating. I think that the Expedition is priced better than the Chevy Tahoe/GMC Yukon and it is more fuel efficient by only 2 more mpg highway and 1 mpg city. The exterior facelift makes the truck fit in with the modern world, Great car, Great price, the 2015 Ford Expedition."

Per Page:  5 | 10