2009 Ford Expedition

Based on 329 Ratings for the 2007 - 2017 models.

Love It

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"This is our 2nd Expedition and we could not be happier. It hauls our Doberman, golf clubs, bowling balls and more. The ride is like floating on air (especially compared to our '01 Corvette). We had a small problem with the Expedition emblem edge becoming unstuck on the driver side, but our dealer corrected it (and also replaced the one on the passenger side because it too, looked a little less than perfect). A trip is a pleasure and who would think air-conditioned seats would really make a difference, but they do. We would highly recommend this to anyone."

I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"Traded in my 04 Exped EB for the 07 EXP EL Eddie B. GREAT MOVE.......NO REGRETS! Only con: silver trim on gear shift and center console reflects sunlight into my eyes sometimes. PROS: Smooth ride, great handling, less road noise, power liftgate, better wireless headsets, power foldflat 3rd row seats, super comfy seats, love the leather, black carpet and headliner means no more stains! Rear parking sensors and better exterior design allowed me to parallel park yesterday. HEATED and COOLED front row seats are SOOO amazing! Gas mileage has improved steadily after first oil change at 5k miles. Started out 14.4, getting 16.3 now just running around town.......haven't taken any long trips yet. There is so much space in this truck that my kids don't argue anymore about sitting next to each other. We sit a car seat, a booster seat and 5 adult (size) passengers easily and comfortably. We chose captains chairs for the second row seats.....easy access to the 3rd row!. Test drove the GM products......hated em! Uncomfortable and poor handling. Little pricey on the Ford, but its worth it...the comfort, ride, luxury can't be beat! Would do it again! Too bad a few people have gotten a bad truck, but that can happen with any make and model. My truck is wonderful and I highly recommend the 07 EXP EL Eddie Bauer or Limited."

great truck

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Love this truck. Handles very well for such a large vehicle. Seven adults can ride comfortably, so there is plenty of room for my sons to grow. Like it much better than the GM SUVs."

07 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, Great SUV

By on Monday, January 6, 2014

Reason: Time for new

Pros: "07 Eddie Bauer comfort, tech and reliability"

Cons: "Combined avg. 14 mpg (19 possible at 60 Mph Hwy)"

"Yes my 07 Expedition only got 14 combined mpg but through 110,000 miles it never stranded us and only once needed service other than routine maintenance ($100 for driver seat wiring/switch replacement). It hauled 7 adults in comfort and style and had some remarkable cargo moments as well with the two back row seats folded, including: 1 1/2 pallets of sod, sawed up tree after hurricane Katrina, 5 piece wicker patio set from Sam's (removed from packaging), garage cabinets in the boxes, new BBQ pit with lawnmower, holiday roadtrips, etc. The reasons we traded it in this year was to downsize the dimensions a little, plus get Bluetooth and navigation. Really struggled to find something comparable that was shorter with a comfortable third row seat. Ended up with a 13 Lexus GX460 thanks to an expiring tax depreciation credit on large SUVs but no comparison to the Expedition's 3rd row comfort or cargo capacty. Most likely would have gone with new Expedition or Explorer had it not been for Synch issues experienced by friends and family and not many appreciable updates to Expedition since 07."

Great car

By on Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pros: "Room for 6 adults and luggage. Plenty of power."

"We bought this car with 51000 miles on it but it was immaculate and drove like new. Pulled a 28 foot travel trailer in the mountains shortly after purchasing it and it lived up to everything I have read about the towing capacity. Upgrading to a K&N air filter and Mobile One synthetic oil has improved the MPG to a very consistent 18MPG mixed and 23MPG on interstate at 70mph. Even averaged 26+ on week long trip through Florida Keys and everglade in Oct 2012. Owned a 2002 Explorer and could never do better than 19 mpg no matter what I did. It's big, It's strong and it's roomy. It now has 70000 miles with NO problems so far. We love it."