2009 Ford Expedition

Based on 329 Ratings for the 2007 - 2017 models.

Favorite car

By on Sunday, January 29, 2017

Pros: "Comfort, style, roominess"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Im 67 years old and have had a lot of cool vehicles. This Expedition is one of my top 3 ever. I love it! We had a Honda Pilot for 6 years and thought it was a good car, until we got the expedition. The ford is warmer, quieter, handles better and has real 4 wheel drive. There is only one thing the Honda has that is better, that being more storage space in the front cab area. Gas mileage is not great but my Honda was only 1 or 2 mpg better and I have waaay more room now. (I have the EL) I had 166,000 on the Pilot. That will just be the break-in period for this Ford. I have had two full sized Blazers and two Suburbans, all in 4 wheel drive. This Expedition is better that all of them."

The BEST SUV ive ever owned

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"I have a funkmaster flex expedition and I love this truck it has all the options on it and with it being a 1 of 1,000 i fell in love with this truck the first time i saw it and drove it.... is the most comfortable suv on the road and has great vision and line of sight so glad i bought this suv.....I will buy another one and would recommend one highly.....ROCK ON FORD!!!!!!!!!!"

First Vehicle That made me want to spend my money!

By on Sunday, February 22, 2009

"I am the proud owner of a 2008 Ford Expedition EL King Ranch 4x4, and it is absolutely the most perfect SUV that I have had the pleasure of setting in. All of its creature comforts are remarkable. It's handling has to be something of legend as far as big SUV's go, and I say this with confidence, I live in the mountains of West Virginia and have owned and drove nothing but 4x4 trucks and SUV's my entire life. In my opinion Ford hit the nail on the head with this one. I am a professional heavy equipment mechanic for a Caterpillar dealer so I know alot about a good, tough and reliable machine. I know that at the end of an 70-90 hour work week, that I can look forward to feeling the rewards of what I work for when I go for a drive in Fords greatest creation."

LOVE THIS VEHICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Friday, December 9, 2016

Pros: "Spacious, comfortable, reliable"

"Yes my mileage is a lot but I love this car and I just can't give it up. Its spacious, reliable, comfortable I could go on and on. We drove this vehicle 17 hours from Wisconsin to New Orleans with no hiccups."

Newly a Ford Person

By on Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Replaced a Chevy Taho with 2009 Expedition (Eddie Bauer). LOVE the vehicle. It was much less expensive than a new Tahoe, and much more practical seating. Gas mileage is about the same, but got FlexFuel vehicle which helps. Excellent dealing with Ford dealership, which acted like they wanted my business. Ford convert here!"

My Expedition is a solid SUV

By on Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Pros: "Comfortable, Looks great in N out, Great sound!"

Cons: "Gas mileage not great."

"Ive own four Ford SUVs in the past and this is the best one of the all previous ones. Im the original owner of my 2007 and its has been reliable from day one. The Only issues I had was from the fault of a repair shop. I had a tune up and they left one side of the spark plugs loose and fluid leaked and got into my Cat. I had to replace the Cat. The other issue was a hose replacement. It is very comfortable vehicle for a family. The ride is quite if you have the correct tires. It handles great. The video sound is better than my home surround system. I have a Sony. The paint job really holds up with a polish twice a year after you had it for 3 to 4 years. Great road vehicle"

Best SUV I have ever owned

By on Monday, October 3, 2016

Pros: "Great for long trips, comfortable, reliable"

Cons: "Gas guzzler"

"I bought this SUV because it was a leftover and it was discounted significantly. Five years later I still love this truck. I have had no problems with it whatsoever."

love this car

By on Saturday, August 2, 2014

Pros: "It feels really safe and drives like a dream."

"This car is wonderful if you need lots of room for passengers and gear. For a very large vehicle it gets reasonably good gas mileage if driven by someone who doesn't stand on the gas pedal - almost 15 mpg city and close to 18 mpg on the highway. Of all the large suv's available the ford expedition has cargo space that is easiest to access especially if the second row of seating is a bench seat."

hands down the best choice in its class!

By on Friday, December 6, 2013

Pros: "smart features, comfortable and safe"

"The expedition el is without a doubt the best choice in its class! The roominess of the third row is unmatched and can comfortably seat large adults well over six feet tall. The convenience of the automatic folding third row is also amazing. I don't know if its changed but when i was shopping for a large suv its competitors third rows were all manual. The sync system is also awesome- i particularly love the jukebox feature which allows me to record off of css and store all the songs in the jukebox. I love this car! it feels safe and has been an amazing people mover for me -don't know if i can ever downsize!!!"

I <3 my Expie!

By on Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"I bought my 07 Expedition used from a rental car company. I've put over 20K in almost two years and have NEVER had to take it in for service other than a couple of recalls that were minor. I would definately recommend as long as the gas prices are staying low :)"

Great Overall!

By on Monday, August 10, 2009

"I have driven my 2007 Eddie Bauer Expedition for a year now. Overall this is a great vehicle. Love the ride and performance. Perfect for long road trips. Only killer is the gas. A few months ago thought I'd have to take out a loan - average 17 MPG mix of city & highway miles. Beautiful styling and very safe vehicles. Replaced a 2005 Expedition totaled in a head on with a drunken Explorer driver. My husband, daughter, granddaughter and I came through with minor scratches - the Explorer driver and passengers were not so lucky - So - we'll pay the big bucks for gas in exchange for the safety!! Thanks Ford!"

BEST OF THE LARGE SUV'S

By on Monday, March 3, 2008

"I TEST DROVE EVERY LARGE SUV BUILT BEFORE BUYING MY EXPEDITION. I LOVED THE FOLD DOWN REAR SEATS AND POWER LIFT GATE AND OVERALL STYLING OVER THE OTHER SUV'S. GAS MILEAGE IS REALLY NOT THAT BAD CONSIDERING THE SIZE/WEIGHT AND THE STRONG 351 ENGINE. ON A LONG TRIP TO FLORIDA, I AVERAGED 22.5 MPH, AND AROUND TOWN IT GETS 17-18. I USE IT TO PULL A 27FT TRIPPLE TOON PONTOON BOAT THAT WEIGHS OVER 5000 POUNDS, AND THE EXPEDITION HAS NO PROBLEM PULLING IT OUT OF THE WATER WITH A STEEP RAMP. I HAVE BEEN VERY PLEASED WITH THIS VEHICLE AND PLAN ON KEEPING IT UNTIL IT HAS AGED OUT.......100,000 MILES OR MORE"

Love It

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"This is our 2nd Expedition and we could not be happier. It hauls our Doberman, golf clubs, bowling balls and more. The ride is like floating on air (especially compared to our '01 Corvette). We had a small problem with the Expedition emblem edge becoming unstuck on the driver side, but our dealer corrected it (and also replaced the one on the passenger side because it too, looked a little less than perfect). A trip is a pleasure and who would think air-conditioned seats would really make a difference, but they do. We would highly recommend this to anyone."

I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"Traded in my 04 Exped EB for the 07 EXP EL Eddie B. GREAT MOVE.......NO REGRETS! Only con: silver trim on gear shift and center console reflects sunlight into my eyes sometimes. PROS: Smooth ride, great handling, less road noise, power liftgate, better wireless headsets, power foldflat 3rd row seats, super comfy seats, love the leather, black carpet and headliner means no more stains! Rear parking sensors and better exterior design allowed me to parallel park yesterday. HEATED and COOLED front row seats are SOOO amazing! Gas mileage has improved steadily after first oil change at 5k miles. Started out 14.4, getting 16.3 now just running around town.......haven't taken any long trips yet. There is so much space in this truck that my kids don't argue anymore about sitting next to each other. We sit a car seat, a booster seat and 5 adult (size) passengers easily and comfortably. We chose captains chairs for the second row seats.....easy access to the 3rd row!. Test drove the GM products......hated em! Uncomfortable and poor handling. Little pricey on the Ford, but its worth it...the comfort, ride, luxury can't be beat! Would do it again! Too bad a few people have gotten a bad truck, but that can happen with any make and model. My truck is wonderful and I highly recommend the 07 EXP EL Eddie Bauer or Limited."

great truck

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Love this truck. Handles very well for such a large vehicle. Seven adults can ride comfortably, so there is plenty of room for my sons to grow. Like it much better than the GM SUVs."

Great Family Vehicle For Trips

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Pros: "Spacious, Comfortable, Easy to Drive"

"Bought this for my hockey family life. Kids are getting older looking to downsize. Vehicle runs great, very spacious, DVD works great, clean interior (hardly let the kids eat in the car!), nothing broken."

07 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, Great SUV

By on Monday, January 6, 2014

Reason: Time for new

Pros: "07 Eddie Bauer comfort, tech and reliability"

Cons: "Combined avg. 14 mpg (19 possible at 60 Mph Hwy)"

"Yes my 07 Expedition only got 14 combined mpg but through 110,000 miles it never stranded us and only once needed service other than routine maintenance ($100 for driver seat wiring/switch replacement). It hauled 7 adults in comfort and style and had some remarkable cargo moments as well with the two back row seats folded, including: 1 1/2 pallets of sod, sawed up tree after hurricane Katrina, 5 piece wicker patio set from Sam's (removed from packaging), garage cabinets in the boxes, new BBQ pit with lawnmower, holiday roadtrips, etc. The reasons we traded it in this year was to downsize the dimensions a little, plus get Bluetooth and navigation. Really struggled to find something comparable that was shorter with a comfortable third row seat. Ended up with a 13 Lexus GX460 thanks to an expiring tax depreciation credit on large SUVs but no comparison to the Expedition's 3rd row comfort or cargo capacty. Most likely would have gone with new Expedition or Explorer had it not been for Synch issues experienced by friends and family and not many appreciable updates to Expedition since 07."

Great car

By on Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pros: "Room for 6 adults and luggage. Plenty of power."

"We bought this car with 51000 miles on it but it was immaculate and drove like new. Pulled a 28 foot travel trailer in the mountains shortly after purchasing it and it lived up to everything I have read about the towing capacity. Upgrading to a K&N air filter and Mobile One synthetic oil has improved the MPG to a very consistent 18MPG mixed and 23MPG on interstate at 70mph. Even averaged 26+ on week long trip through Florida Keys and everglade in Oct 2012. Owned a 2002 Explorer and could never do better than 19 mpg no matter what I did. It's big, It's strong and it's roomy. It now has 70000 miles with NO problems so far. We love it."

Great economic value

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Great maneuverability"

"We use this car for everything. The turning radius is great and has great maneuverability. It tows 2 horse trailer with ease and I have to remind myself that it is back there. It is comfortable for guests and have fit 10 adults in it."

Great Vehicle. My wife and I love it!

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "Great value, excellent quality."

Cons: "Tires are expensive considering"

"I bought this vehicle after our child was born. We had a Mercedes before and I would compare the value to the german cars. It's overall performance is great! Roomy, excellent ride and handling. Fuel efficiency can be increased with a couple of bolt on enhancers, such as K"

great suv

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

"having five kids i either had to buy a van or an suv. i bought the van and hated it. LOVE the suv. it's rugged but comfortable and holds up well to five boys. i'd recommend this vehicle to anyone."

plenty of room

By on Monday, February 14, 2011

"truck has plenty of room and seems to have good amount of power. Huge down side if you plan on buying this for your family. Has very poorly designed rear DVD system. Not linked into front display unit. So you have no control of turning Movies on/ off while driving (for the rear displays) Hard to use if you have little kids. poor reception from wireless headphones. Not good picture quality from rear screens. i wish Ford put a little more time into making the "entertainment package" working right. truck is not worth the price you pay with the Entertainment package. That should be a free addition for weak performance."

Best value for the money

By on Thursday, September 30, 2010

"I looked at all the Full Size SUV's... Ford is the only one that gets it with the fold flat third row seats and the affordable price."

By on Friday, April 9, 2010

By on Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"Not an inexpensive vehicle.... This is a nice ride. It is not overpowered but not a speed demon either. Gas milieage is better than expected. 19 plus on the highway if you don't lead foot it. Smooth ride, but does drift some."