2005 Ford Expedition

Based on 619 Ratings for the 2003 - 2006 models.

Most reliable car I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "roomy for even third row passengers!"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I've owned my expedition for 10 years, have 140,000+ miles and since we do all the recommended maintenance, this is the most reliable car we've every owned. I had planned on driving "old blue" a few more years, but was unfortunately hit by an inattentive driver. My expedition was totaled. For comfort and safety, you can't go wrong with the expedition. Yes, we pay a lot for gas,but walking away from a head on (highway) collision was priceless!!"

couldn't complain...

By on Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pros: "Perfect for everything! Just the right size!"

Cons: "doors rattle, intake cracks, drive train whines"

"it has it quirks I bought it used and now it's old. I like this so much better than the GMC Yukon XL I had. This uses less gas, easier to park, can make a uturn and just seems more user friendly. I have this all over the place and on the freeways everyday and can be several 100's of miles apart in one day. I do like the power and the speed of it for an SUV this size. Also the power folding 3rd row seats have come in very handy with the kids. I would have to say I'll drive this thing until the wheels fall off or until I trade it in for a newer Expedition. Next one I might just want a sunroof on it. All of the perks with it I can over look how the doors rattle, the wings in the rear get tempermental, and the rear hatch glass leaks when it rains real hard during monsoon season. Just and FYI if you consider buying one check the intake manifold out. they are prone to cracking on the right side where the thermostate goes and it's around $1,0000 to fix this issue!"

Best vehicle we have ever owned

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Cons: "Gas mileage now days"

"Traded our 98 Expy for this one (4x4) and have driven the wheels off of it, Never left us stranded, never a problem. Ran synthetc oils since its first change, made countless trips to and from the mountains in NC in all conditions. Reliable, comfortable and not to bad on gas considering its size. Sadly we need to downsize, Going to hate to see this one go. Still runs like new and still tight as day one. Brakes, tires, filters and a few window switches and thats it. Can't beat a Ford"

Solid performer for 9 years

By on Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pros: "great value, hauling or towing stuff, easy driving"

Cons: "finicky power door locks"

"Bought this vehicle new with 600 miles on her. Never been garaged. We lived in Virgina orignally, then moved to North Dokota for a couple of years, California and now Alabama. In every location I could count on this truck to start and go where I needed (even in minus 30F and unplowed roads). We have crossed the country east-west and north to south. Kept up with required maintenance and never a problem. Great American built truck!"

Love It

By on Saturday, October 11, 2008

"2004 Eddie Bauer Expedition - Blue w/ Gold trim. The GOOD - I absolutely LOVE driving this truck. I feel like I am driving down the highway in my recliner - yes, it's that smooth. Great visibility as well. I can't say enough about how smooth the ride is, and it just devours snow. The turning radius is the sharpest of any car I have owned - Civic, Sebring. Beautiful styling, as well. Now the BAD - the only bad: I bought my Expedition about a year ago when gas was under $3.00/gallon. I paid around $20k for it and today the same dealer I bought it from would give me $8,500 on a trade. Go figure - poor timing. But aside from the depriciation it has incurred, I would not trade it for anything. I am actually okay with the fuel economy. I get 15.5 miles per gallon in a mix of city and highway driving. Considering a much smaller Pilot or Pathfinder gets only around 18-20 MPG the luxury and comfort far outweigh the couple of MPG's I'd save in something smaller. In summary, I highly recommend an Expedition."