2000 Ford Expedition

Based on 794 Ratings for the 1997 - 2002 models.

My Experience

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"Very reliable vehicle. 3 kids and they did not do anything to it other than the carpet mats. Very sturdy. Still rides extremely smooth on the road, especially when I compared it to my 2006 F150. Engine is solid, no work necessary at all. Have only changed out the battery, tires, and the vehicle security module ($300). I am keeping this vehicle until it drops dead on me because I have not had to invest more than $1000 in the 7 years of using it."

An Awesome SUV

By on Saturday, December 22, 2007

"I have owned a Ford Expedition every year since 2000 and purchased the first one used. Traded for a new one with around 150,000 miles on each one and had no problems with any of these other than having to get tires and brake pads. I used to be a GM person, being all I would buy and once I purchased this Expedition, I have been buying Fords ever since. They are reliable, very well built, and use less fuel and oil than the two Cheverolet Pick-ups I owned. I looked at the Hummer and liked it, but for the money, quality, and reliability...the Expedition is the way to go. For the size of the vehicle, it has plenty of power and does pretty good on fuel...I get about 14.5-15 in the city and around 18 on the highway and that is with 75,000 on a 2000 model I just purchased used. I also purchased a new Ford Pick-up that I have 90,000 miles on and I am really wanting a new Expedition. But as with any vehicle you do have to keep up with the taking care of them. Stay away from old gas stations than have cheap or bad fuel, use good oil, and change all of the filters as recommend by Ford. I wish they would offer a desiel in this model. For overall reliability I would say if you take good care of it, that you can look at running 200,000 miles on this truck, perhaps more, but I trade up around 150,000."

By on Saturday, September 8, 2007

"This is a terrific vehicle: very reliable, comfortable, responsive, powerful, and big! Despite the poor gas mileage, it is a wonderful SUV for transporting up to nine people, dogs, crates, building materials, gardening materials. It is very versatile. This has been my favorite car ever."

Top Notch Performance

By on Friday, September 7, 2007

"As a woman, I feel completely secure driving my Expedition in snow storms. I feel like I am in total control. Hauling four snowmobiles is a sinch! You don't even feel like you are hauling anything."

Can't part with it

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"I have had my 2000 Eddie Bauer Exp since 2002 and had made a decision that I would buy a new vehicle when I reached 120K miles. I hit that 2 weeks ago and had been looking for another vehicle...but I just can't part with it. Originally, a great vehicle to haul a volleyball team on road trips, now all in college...I know it makes no sense for me to drive this large a vehicle when I am usually alone...but the strength, visibility, view of the road and plenty of room are very hard to part with! I have just a few minor problems with cosmetic items, like the in dash cup/coin holder. I love the in-door keypad...I never have to carry keys with me!"