2000 Ford Expedition

Based on 794 Ratings for the 1997 - 2002 models.

By on Monday, May 12, 2008

have owned it since day 1 & love it

By on Tuesday, May 6, 2008

"My truck - Expedition XLT 4x4, 68,000 miles, Black with grey fabric seats. Besides the gas mileage, this truck has been the best vehicle investment I've ever made. I purchased her right off the delivery truck, straight from Ford. Issues - the paint under the hood bubbled up at 60,000 miles and had to be redone ($200), the paint under the rear hatch did the same ($75), rust on the underbody rails (surface rust, fixed myself). Has NEVER been in the shop for breakdown. Pass front window broke free of it's rail and had to be fixed ($50), but that was my fault as the window was iced closed and I accidentally hit down The driver's mirror broke when I was trying to melt ice off it ($60) using the heated mirror. It is a bit tough on long trips (not just in the pocketbook). It's an off-road truck. I've pulled cars out of snowfilled ditches with it. I've driven it through roads that were closed in snow that was up over the running boards to "rescue" people trapped in the country who needed help. I've taken it "mudding" in a rain soaked field and the truck just won't get stuck. It's got too much pull and just the right weight distribution and power distribution to the wheels. Unfortunately, my baby took serious hail shots last summer (they were between golf ball and baseball sized and lasted 3 minutes), but, amazingly, there's only 3 dents in the truck. I stood there watching ready to be sick until I realized that she made it through pretty much OK after. That's a very tough truck. I wouldn't sell her for the world. I don't care if gas hits $10/gallon. This has been the least expensive maintenance vehicle I've ever owned. Thank you Ford guys and gals who built my truck. It's been 68,000 miles of pure joy."

It's my baby

By on Monday, May 5, 2008

"I have had this vehicle for 4 years...I love it!!! It has never left me stranded!!! There is plenty of room for lots of people or hauling necessary items. Unfortunately the gas milage isn't the greatest, but it is an SUV... I have driven around with 26 inches of snow on the ground and did not once have a problem. I even had to loan it to my parents to get through the same snow because they had a trip planned and could not get through the depth of the snow in a minivan."

By on Thursday, May 1, 2008

best vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"all i have done to this vehicle is gas,oil,tires,brakes,plugs, and wires."