2005 Ford Excursion

9.5

Based on 514 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

9.7/10

Amazing vehicle

By on Friday, May 16, 2008

"184,717 miles. 7.3 Liter Diesel. Ending 3rd set of tires. 1 set of brakes front at 112000 and rear at 137000. Transmission went out at 78,000 under extended warranty. 3rd set of batteries, 3rd cam position sensor (recalled recently). Just under 21 MPG highway (at speed limit) and 15+ combined driving. Tow a 10,000 boat on a triple axle trailer like it isn't back there (at 10.5 mpg). I truly cannot say I have ever enjoyed a vehicle as much as this one. It has been dependable, easy to handle, and simply a good friend. I owned it since day 1 (14 miles when I picked it up). I have never felt safer in a vehicle nor worried less about a vehicle."

one in a million

By on Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"I wanted a rather large trailer, 10,000 pounds, and tried to convince the wife on a truck. She would not go for it, so i found an excursion and she was happy. My plan was to sell it in a few years and get a truck, telling her it is the only thing that can now tow our trailer, since excursions are no longer made. I have no plan on ever selling this vehicle now that i have owned it. It is a 6.0 diesel and is the best car i have ever owned in my life. I am a traffic officer and investigate crashes. I have seen first hand this vehicle stand up in collisions and let me tell you, if you are the one getting hit, you will win the lug nut contest. Tows great, rides great, kids love it, i will drive into into the car graveyard, hopfully, a very very long time away"

One of Ford's Best Ideas...Now bring it back

By on Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Pros: "Great value, stiff ride, fun to drive"

Cons: "Fuel Mileage"

"My 2000 Excursion Limited 4X4 just turned over 300,000 miles on the original v10. Yes, I have had one cylinder blow the spark plug, but that is an easy and cheap fix. What amazes me is the size and drive-ability of the SUV. While the steering could stand some improvement in tightness, the overall feel of the vehicle is just like driving my F150. I'm getting 12.9 mpg on the highway at a constant 70 mph. The quality of fit and finish were great but am having problems with paint flaking off. (Repaint scheduled for July 25th). The interior is all business and the dual A/C works fabulous. It has a rock solid ride and on long trips you arrive comfortable and not tired. We use our Excursion for youth work and take kids up to 190 miles in a day's drive and find they can sleep, talk, do whatever and are in a good mood when we stop for the night or reach our destination. On trips to Florida to visit our son, our labs ride with all the room they need with the seats folded and and our luggage stows perfectly. I wish Ford would bring it back. The Expedition EL is good, but no where the vehicle the Excursion is. Besides, an all diesel version would be perfect for all drivers who want economy and longevity in an SUV."

Saved our Lives

By on Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"We are currently looking for another Excursion. We were in a roll-over accident. In which we went down an embankment and rolled 3 times. I believe this vehicle saved our lives. We were all wearing seatbelts including our two boys and we walked away from this accident with minor injuries."

The Best SUV with no peers

By on Sunday, July 31, 2016

Pros: "Goes Anywhere, Very Safe, Easy to Drive, Strong"

Cons: "Bad Press, Cheap liars telling tall tales about it"

"Since labeled the Ford Valdez with a picture of the SUV pulling an over the road gasoline tanker behind it, the true nature of this truck was never known. With the 7.3 Liter Diesel Engine, the MPG was very good at around 20 MPG in town and 30+ MPG on the highway. The Excursion was said to be so big that no one should be allowed to buy it,(Sierra Club)but if you look at a family that is traveling to an event for the children that requires equipment and overnight lodging, well a Yugo or Civic just won't meet the needs. I think the Excursion has a place in the vehicle ownership of today, but I believe that Ford did make a mistake by offering the gasoline engines for the vehicle. While they produced more horsepower, they just didn't have the guts for very robust truck like the Excursion. This is a well made vehicle that has served very well and very dependably."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Excursion near Honolulu. See local deals