2004 Ford Excursion

9.5

Based on 517 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

9.7/10

Amazing vehicle

By on Friday, May 16, 2008

"184,717 miles. 7.3 Liter Diesel. Ending 3rd set of tires. 1 set of brakes front at 112000 and rear at 137000. Transmission went out at 78,000 under extended warranty. 3rd set of batteries, 3rd cam position sensor (recalled recently). Just under 21 MPG highway (at speed limit) and 15+ combined driving. Tow a 10,000 boat on a triple axle trailer like it isn't back there (at 10.5 mpg). I truly cannot say I have ever enjoyed a vehicle as much as this one. It has been dependable, easy to handle, and simply a good friend. I owned it since day 1 (14 miles when I picked it up). I have never felt safer in a vehicle nor worried less about a vehicle."

Saved our Lives

By on Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"We are currently looking for another Excursion. We were in a roll-over accident. In which we went down an embankment and rolled 3 times. I believe this vehicle saved our lives. We were all wearing seatbelts including our two boys and we walked away from this accident with minor injuries."

The Best SUV with no peers

By on Sunday, July 31, 2016

Pros: "Goes Anywhere, Very Safe, Easy to Drive, Strong"

Cons: "Bad Press, Cheap liars telling tall tales about it"

"Since labeled the Ford Valdez with a picture of the SUV pulling an over the road gasoline tanker behind it, the true nature of this truck was never known. With the 7.3 Liter Diesel Engine, the MPG was very good at around 20 MPG in town and 30+ MPG on the highway. The Excursion was said to be so big that no one should be allowed to buy it,(Sierra Club)but if you look at a family that is traveling to an event for the children that requires equipment and overnight lodging, well a Yugo or Civic just won't meet the needs. I think the Excursion has a place in the vehicle ownership of today, but I believe that Ford did make a mistake by offering the gasoline engines for the vehicle. While they produced more horsepower, they just didn't have the guts for very robust truck like the Excursion. This is a well made vehicle that has served very well and very dependably."

one in a million

By on Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"I wanted a rather large trailer, 10,000 pounds, and tried to convince the wife on a truck. She would not go for it, so i found an excursion and she was happy. My plan was to sell it in a few years and get a truck, telling her it is the only thing that can now tow our trailer, since excursions are no longer made. I have no plan on ever selling this vehicle now that i have owned it. It is a 6.0 diesel and is the best car i have ever owned in my life. I am a traffic officer and investigate crashes. I have seen first hand this vehicle stand up in collisions and let me tell you, if you are the one getting hit, you will win the lug nut contest. Tows great, rides great, kids love it, i will drive into into the car graveyard, hopfully, a very very long time away"

This may be the best vehicle Ford will ever make.

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun and so dependable"

Cons: "Gas Guzzlers!"

"This truck has been through snow, ice, rain, heat, whatever is there and has never failed me. It is getting close to 200,000 miles and drives like new. Could leave today and drive across the country with confidence.Wish Ford could have make it more gas-friendly, so I could keep it. Maybe that is why they quit making them. The Excursion owners I know all love them. There is just nothing like the incredible space and comfort on long trips. If you take care of this SUV, it will definitely take care of you."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Excursion near Honolulu. See local deals