2002 Ford Escort

7.7

Based on 823 Ratings for the 1997 - 2002 models.

Heart of a Champion

By on Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pros: "easy and cheap to fix, light weight, 30 mpg highway"

"I bought my 99 Escort in 2002, when it had 115,000 miles (!) on it. It must have been a fleet car. I love this car, it has been so reliable for the past nearly 10 years. The only reason I am planning to replace it is because I live in Minnesota and it is rusting in some bad places. This car is nothing fancy, which made it great for trips to the lumber yard, the mulch pile, and so forth."

Great little 4banger

By on Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Drove a 00 ZX2 for bout 3 years then totaled it :( then recently bought a 98 ZX2 and they run great with the manual tranny's and rarely ever need routine maintenance except for brakes and A/C compressor. They have a descent amount of pep for a 4cyl and get at best around 36mpg highway and town mileage combine. My recent one has 172k miles on it so far and these motors can take a descent beating too they love high rpms when you need to or want to stomp on it. But they aren't something you want to drive in the winter they want to spin so easy unless you slip the clutch a lot."

i love this car

By on Sunday, August 23, 2009

"i got the 2000 zx2 sr 4 years ago. It had 130,000 miles on it and today it has 195,000. Since i got it i have replaced the timing belt, fog light, and altinator. I got hit on the passanger side, but it still runs and the door still works. This car gets great gas milage. I put some studded tires on it and it plows right through pa snow. It also has some real pep in its step so i have to watch my speed. A few things have gone wrong, but my car has always got me home timing belt went in my driveway, got me home and would not start. I would recomend this car to anyone for as many miles as it has and still runs great! Hope she never dies"

Save as "Favorite"

By on Friday, September 19, 2008

"is what I do when I'm searching for a used car via the Internet and I come across an Escort. (I'm looking for one now for the new young driver in my household). I have owned this little Ford brand now for about ten years. I believe for the price, the Escort or ZX2 is one of the best values out there for the person who racks up a lot of miles. I purchased a 2001 ZX2 nearly four years ago now. It had 40K on the odometer at the time. It rolled over to 100K just this week, if that gives you any idea. I purchased the car for $2400 and had to have transmission work ($1200 within first year) but no problems since. It is a 5-speed manual with sunroof (snazzy little car) and I get between 30mpg and 35mpg consistently. (Nice job, Ford! You can compete with the Japanese hybrids any day of the week)! I would probably still have my '95 Escort that "committed suicide" as it took itself out of gear, rolled down the hill and into my pond when I was out of town (so, the story goes, anyway). It had 160,000 miles on it at that point with no major repairs to speak of (tie rods had to be replaced more than once - they are not good on rough roads, which mine is)."

Better than you would think

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"This car will get where you are going, and you will even have a little fun driving it. Very reasonably priced, and good gas mileage. I drive mine to and from work and a tank last me about two weeks! I have put about 85,000 miles on it without many problems. One wierd complaint I have is that stuff is kind of expensive on it. Tires are between $90-120 to replace. Passenger window I was quoted $850. Overall good car, no worries."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Escort near Honolulu. See local deals