2017 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,440 - $29,530.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 08/24/2017

10/8.3

7.6

Based on 286 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

7.5/10

Well rounded vehicle

By on Saturday, May 13, 2017

Pros: "Price, fuel mileage, cargo capacity, quality"

"I have owned the Escape now for 1 year and 7 months and really cannot find anything wrong. The only thing I can mention is the rear seats are stiff, but nobody ever rides there and they are folded down many times for hauling large objects. The mpg has been averaging 23 and that is mostly city with no highway miles. We took a couple of road trips that average 32. It has the normally aspirated 2.5 liter engine without Eco boost, which gives plenty of acceleration. The Escape is a quality vehicle that anyone should like."

Very happy with Escape.

By on Friday, May 26, 2017

Pros: "Price, gas milege, fun to drive."

Cons: "Dont care for start/stop feature, rear seats hard"

"I have had the Escape for only 2 mos. but so far I am very happy with my purchase. Very good gas milege, quiet and comfortable to drive.I dont really care for the start/stop feature but it works seamlessly and can be disengaged. I think this should be an optional feature. Otherwise, I am happy with my choice."

My 2015 SE at 39,000 miles

By on Monday, March 27, 2017

Pros: "Power and quietness of the interior"

Cons: "mpg could be better, door armrest is way too smal"

"So far, reliability has been perfect. My biggest complaint is the very small door armrest and the time it took to master some of the electronics. A little confusing. The 2.0 is very powerful and mileage is good if you stay under 70 on the hwy and keep your foot out of it in town. Adding two more passengers gives a pretty good hit to the mpg also. Quality inside and out is excellent. Test drove 3 competitors before settling on the Escape. Only regret is not opting for the Titanium."

Took a gamble on this one...Titanium trim a must

By on Sunday, July 23, 2017

Pros: "handling, comfort, technology, design of exterior"

Cons: "armrests too short, glovebox wont lock, lighting"

"Was torn on choosing new car and decided this SUV was compact enough to enjoy the gas mileage and still haul stuff if needed. Ok, so the body design is sleek and fun. I like that a lot more than competitors offerings. Only complaint I ever have about new car is...why so much plastic molding outside? Keep it metal and then heat and wear dont take their toll so quickly. I know, it does look good...thats all! Inside, this cabin is nice, little lighting touches and nice displays give this car a feeling of luxury, and the Sony system can be adjusted through your phones equalizer if you have the option, and some minor car system adjusting of the treble, bass, mid, and balance can really make the sound quite enjoyable. The bass is pretty awful though. Just a flat annoying beat instead of a deep resounding bass. That really needs work Ford. Driving it is nice. Seat is very comfortable, a bit odd on the segmenting leaving just a bit more space on the back support at the hips than I prefer, but lumbar adjustment is available, just doesnt fill that little gap quite enough. And armrests are too short. Center needs about four more inches, and door armrest is way too shallow. Not very good. Everything else, excellent. Glove box doesnt lock, boo! But fold down the heavy rear seats and lots of room. Liftgate tempermental on opening with foot activation. Sometimes I look like I am just wagging my foot under my car for no reason...uh hmm, this cost me 500.00?? Oh well....kinda included! Steering is very responsive. Careful when you take off if you have the 2.0 turbo...it is quite kicky, and will turn your steering wheel right out of your hands! So its a fun drive, nice comfort, Titanium trim without Technology Package added totalled about 32000.00 bit high. But feels like its well built, solid, future-proofed for now, nice Navigation option which I bought, really helps when driving in a new area. Very responsive, peppy, pretty, and it is american made! I like it! One quick mention, interior lighting, no way to turn on or off the rear passenger seat overhead or cargo light from the drivers seat.That used to be a standard. But now its forgotten..."

Short Time Owner of a Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Pros: "Alot of Techcessories, solid vehicle, fun to drive"

Cons: "Small Sync-3 screen"

"I was relocated back to the U.S. after working 20 years overseas and I needed a reliable vehicle for 2 years that would still have alot of value when sold. The Ford 2017 S-Escape was perfect since the base model comes with Bluetooth, has a great sound system, quality interior, good gas mileage, and is rated highly among current owners. I used a mounted tablet with a mobile Wireless Access Point since the base model does not have a large screen. I will be returning overseas and am looking to sell this vehicle for the balance of the loan. 20,000."