2017 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

in the last
90 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/8.3

7.6

Based on 297 Ratings for the 2013 - 2018 models.

7.5/10

Well rounded vehicle

By on Saturday, May 13, 2017

Pros: "Price, fuel mileage, cargo capacity, quality"

"I have owned the Escape now for 1 year and 7 months and really cannot find anything wrong. The only thing I can mention is the rear seats are stiff, but nobody ever rides there and they are folded down many times for hauling large objects. The mpg has been averaging 23 and that is mostly city with no highway miles. We took a couple of road trips that average 32. It has the normally aspirated 2.5 liter engine without Eco boost, which gives plenty of acceleration. The Escape is a quality vehicle that anyone should like."

Very Good Car

By on Saturday, January 6, 2018

"I bought this SE 1.6 EcoBoost in April 2017. Twenty months later I am very happy with the car. The styling is very nice. The seat is very comfortable and the seat belts easy to use. The engine is smooth and powerful and I can hit 80 MPH real easily without even knowing I am going that fast. I use the cruise to keep from getting tickets! Gas mileage is also very good even with this power. The click button to open and close the hatch is a great feature and the trunk space is sufficient for me. Seat is high off the road and the sight lines all around are very good. The advanced side view mirrors make me very comfortable in changing lanes without fear of someone being in a blind spot. The only negatives are some of the interior features. The cover box in the middle console is too far back and it is awkward and puts strain on the arm and shoulder when reaching. The steering wheel, including the cruise control and dashboard controls require taking the eyes away from the road which can be dangerous. The cruise control is tricky and sometimes I need to hit the sequence two or three times to activate it."

Great small SUV

By on Friday, August 4, 2017

Pros: "Styling, Power, Quiet interior, features"

Cons: "better placement of the light in the rear storage"

"I like the styling of the 2017 Ford Escape over any competitors styling. The 2.0 turbo engine offers V-6 power or better. With leather seats, 10 way power driver and passenger seats, navigation, power lift gate and the technology package (which includes bling spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert) this SUV offers all the luxury I was looking for. I have driven just about all of the direct competition to the Escape including the Honda CRV, Nissan Rouge, Chevy Equinox and Mazda CX-5 and they all come up short in important measures of feature, performance and packaging. One thing I did not want was any kind of roof that opens and fortunately the vehicle I purchased off the dealers lot in the color I wanted, ruby red, did not have that option."

Nice quality and fun to own.

By on Sunday, February 4, 2018

Pros: "Paint-eye appeal-quiet-MPG-back up camera."

Cons: "Passenger seat non power no GPS back then."

"My Escape is a 2016. Built in Kentucky. I have over 30,000 miles on it already. The wife and I are very happy with it. We are 67 years old and we shopped for small SUVs 60 miles south and 50 miles north. The milage is what continues to truly make us happy. Most driving is highway on cruise. We get 30-31 mph. The model is a SE with eco-boost. This model year has a very comfy full power drivers seat. The passenger seat is not power and is not as comfy. Remember, the car is now 3 years old and I read that the interior is even nicer. The rear cargo area with seats folded down is surprisingly, quite large. The paint job is a beautiful pearlescent deep white. The quietness on the highway surprised us. It came with Michelin X Green tires. So far no visible wear! You can adjust the tail gate to go up only as much as you like. 3 different buttons to raise or close it. On the outside door pillar is a keypad which lights up to open. Good if you lock your keys in the car, (and remember your code) Tire pressure warning if low. Very nice Sync 3. My model year on the SE did not come with GPS. Only 2 wishes. Better passenger seat and GPS. These probably are on the 2018. Avery nice car."

Awesome

By on Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pros: "Fair price, fun to drive, Touch Pad"

"I have the SE 2.0 Ecoboost and cannot be happier with my purchase. Drives smoothly, have lots of space."