2017 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

24 transactions
in the last 60 days
within 100 miles
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/8.3

7.6

Based on 289 Ratings for the 2013 - 2018 models.

7.5/10

Well rounded vehicle

By on Saturday, May 13, 2017

Pros: "Price, fuel mileage, cargo capacity, quality"

"I have owned the Escape now for 1 year and 7 months and really cannot find anything wrong. The only thing I can mention is the rear seats are stiff, but nobody ever rides there and they are folded down many times for hauling large objects. The mpg has been averaging 23 and that is mostly city with no highway miles. We took a couple of road trips that average 32. It has the normally aspirated 2.5 liter engine without Eco boost, which gives plenty of acceleration. The Escape is a quality vehicle that anyone should like."

Great small SUV

By on Friday, August 4, 2017

Pros: "Styling, Power, Quiet interior, features"

Cons: "better placement of the light in the rear storage"

"I like the styling of the 2017 Ford Escape over any competitors styling. The 2.0 turbo engine offers V-6 power or better. With leather seats, 10 way power driver and passenger seats, navigation, power lift gate and the technology package (which includes bling spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert) this SUV offers all the luxury I was looking for. I have driven just about all of the direct competition to the Escape including the Honda CRV, Nissan Rouge, Chevy Equinox and Mazda CX-5 and they all come up short in important measures of feature, performance and packaging. One thing I did not want was any kind of roof that opens and fortunately the vehicle I purchased off the dealers lot in the color I wanted, ruby red, did not have that option."

Awesome

By on Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pros: "Fair price, fun to drive, Touch Pad"

"I have the SE 2.0 Ecoboost and cannot be happier with my purchase. Drives smoothly, have lots of space."

Awesome Crossover

By on Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Pros: "All of the above"

Cons: "only one driver leg tunnel a little too narrow."

"Bought the top of the Line Titanium with the 2.0. The only negative thing I can say is the drivers side legroom is a little too narrow for me when on our first trip Easter weekend it took some getting used to for me. Its my wifes car so this was the only time I have driven it except to store and back. She loves it! We drove the Hondss Nissans Hyundai and Mazdas but as soon as she got in this one she fell in love with it. The biggest bang for the buck I think and I opted for the warranty and zero % financing what a deal plus 1,000 cash back that I rolled right back into it. This was our first new car and first Ford and we are mid 50s Im a mechanic (old school) thats why I purchased the warranty too much to go wrong, it parks itself love the driver features of cruise and staying in your lane. Too much too list really. Im a muscle car guy and that 2.o eco and no slouch! I hung with some V-8s on the Hwy, gas mileage dipped but Im ok Ill give up mileage for some uuumph anyday. I didnt rate reliability too soon to call so far. I would buy another and the Lightning Blue is stunning."

Very happy with Escape.

By on Friday, May 26, 2017

Pros: "Price, gas milege, fun to drive."

Cons: "Dont care for start/stop feature, rear seats hard"

"I have had the Escape for only 2 mos. but so far I am very happy with my purchase. Very good gas milege, quiet and comfortable to drive.I dont really care for the start/stop feature but it works seamlessly and can be disengaged. I think this should be an optional feature. Otherwise, I am happy with my choice."