2014 Ford Escape

7.6

Based on 292 Ratings for the 2013 - 2018 models.

7.6/10

Well rounded vehicle

By on Saturday, May 13, 2017

Pros: "Price, fuel mileage, cargo capacity, quality"

"I have owned the Escape now for 1 year and 7 months and really cannot find anything wrong. The only thing I can mention is the rear seats are stiff, but nobody ever rides there and they are folded down many times for hauling large objects. The mpg has been averaging 23 and that is mostly city with no highway miles. We took a couple of road trips that average 32. It has the normally aspirated 2.5 liter engine without Eco boost, which gives plenty of acceleration. The Escape is a quality vehicle that anyone should like."

Very Good Car

By on Saturday, January 6, 2018

"I bought this SE 1.6 EcoBoost in April 2017. Twenty months later I am very happy with the car. The styling is very nice. The seat is very comfortable and the seat belts easy to use. The engine is smooth and powerful and I can hit 80 MPH real easily without even knowing I am going that fast. I use the cruise to keep from getting tickets! Gas mileage is also very good even with this power. The click button to open and close the hatch is a great feature and the trunk space is sufficient for me. Seat is high off the road and the sight lines all around are very good. The advanced side view mirrors make me very comfortable in changing lanes without fear of someone being in a blind spot. The only negatives are some of the interior features. The cover box in the middle console is too far back and it is awkward and puts strain on the arm and shoulder when reaching. The steering wheel, including the cruise control and dashboard controls require taking the eyes away from the road which can be dangerous. The cruise control is tricky and sometimes I need to hit the sequence two or three times to activate it."

Great small SUV

By on Friday, August 4, 2017

Pros: "Styling, Power, Quiet interior, features"

Cons: "better placement of the light in the rear storage"

"I like the styling of the 2017 Ford Escape over any competitors styling. The 2.0 turbo engine offers V-6 power or better. With leather seats, 10 way power driver and passenger seats, navigation, power lift gate and the technology package (which includes bling spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert) this SUV offers all the luxury I was looking for. I have driven just about all of the direct competition to the Escape including the Honda CRV, Nissan Rouge, Chevy Equinox and Mazda CX-5 and they all come up short in important measures of feature, performance and packaging. One thing I did not want was any kind of roof that opens and fortunately the vehicle I purchased off the dealers lot in the color I wanted, ruby red, did not have that option."

Everything I wanted, just not where i wanted it

By on Monday, January 15, 2018

Pros: "This car is going to get you 5 stars as an uber"

Cons: "I cant forget how to perpendicular park just yet"

"So I just purchased my ford escape titanium, as of this review (1/15/18) I have had the car two days and put 200 miles on it. First thing I noticed is the gas mileage is about 16-19 mpg so far on city streets, but even with idling and and the recent snow weve had I expected it to be a tad bit better. I also noticed that the snow will confuse your sensors at times, nothing too radical but it does make you freak out a bit when youre backing up or pulling forward and it tells you something is there but you cant see it, maybe the car can detect ghosts? The heated seats and steering wheel heat up very fast, as does the car in general. I have full leather tan seats with black flooring and tan roof, all in all the internal color coordination of the vehicle is done really well, there isnt too much of one particular color to drown the other color out and there is just enough brushed/polished metal trimming to tie in the entire cabin really well. Control wise, once you become familiar with what button controls which feature and how that particular feature works you should be fine. Pickup is nice, with it almost seeming like you could race it in NASCAR with its top speed of 125(dont ask me how I know, I just know.) The turn radius is as tight as a new pickle jar, U-turns are a breeze in this car, the brakes are very responsive as well, slam on them hard enough and you may just take your dates breathe away... literally. But I do have some things I do not like, in the front cabin there is a DC power (cigarette lighter) socket and a usb plugin underneath the climate controls, the DC socket is on the passenger side of the vehicle while the USB plugin is on the drivers side. Personally I would rather have it the other way around but this is not a complaint as much as it is just a observation/preference. Another issue I have is the temperamental parking assist, as of today I have yet to have the perpendicular parking assist work, but I can attest to the parallel parking assist working very efficiently. Please keep in mind that the parking assist is just ASSIST and not a substitute for human involvement, you will have to put the vehicle in gear, and stop it when it says stop, it will turn the wheel for you and tell you when its time to put the car in either drive or reverse, do not be lazy. The final issue I have is not with the car itself but the tires, here in Northern Illinois good tires save lives regardless of the season, and the escape is not exempt, in minimal snow last night I nearly lost control making a 10 mph turn, the 4WD system was the only thing that saved me from a fiery death comparable only to the great Chicago fire of 1871, so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, if you live in a state that gets snow, or copious amounts of rain, cough up that money and get yourself some real tires"

Awesome

By on Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pros: "Fair price, fun to drive, Touch Pad"

"I have the SE 2.0 Ecoboost and cannot be happier with my purchase. Drives smoothly, have lots of space."