2013 Ford Escape

7.5

Based on 276 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

7.5/10

Solid all around Vehicle

By on Sunday, April 16, 2017

Pros: "Great Price; Good drive"

Cons: "Not much room for second row"

"I have had my Escape SE for about a month now and I think it was worth every penny. I got it with the automatic stop/start engine which is perfect since I mostly drive city. I think it rides and handles well too. It is a pretty comfortable ride and the cabin is quiet even on the highway. I have large friends and they are a little tight in the second row but its definitely manageable. I also recommend at least thinking about getting the 2.0 L that comes with the Titanium since my 1.5 L feels slow at times. The Titanium seemed overpriced compared to the SE, but if features like navigation and the upgraded engine are important to you then you should probably go with it. I dont recommend going with the S though since it is close enough in price to SE to make it worth the upgrade. For what you pay for it, I think this is a great buy. You can get a lot of good features like a backup camera and phone SYNC, but not so many that it becomes too expensive. I spent a lot time looking at similar cars (never drove any though) and I think this is the best all around car. There are other cars like the Mazda CX-5 or the Honda CR-V that do some things better but for the price I think this is easily best in the market. I got mine for mid 20,000s after tax, tag, title, and an upgraded service plan. I think this is good if you are single and need an inexpensive crossover. If you think you need more I would consider the Titanium or an Edge."

A good everyday driver

By on Monday, April 10, 2017

Pros: "Dependable and easy to drive"

Cons: "back seat very small"

"good for the money- a good Everyday Driver but not a big car. Good for all people (I am 6 ft. 4 in.) and comfortable to drive. Easy to see out of and park... a value for the price."

Made the right choice

By on Friday, April 7, 2017

Pros: "Quiet ride, power/acceleration, refinement"

Cons: "None really"

"When my Subaru Outback hit 150K, then broke down on me on the highway, my Subaru Service advisor told me it may be time to start looking for a new car. I assume he thought Id get another Subaru :-). So, like the good shopper I am when looking for something 25K+, I did my research and shopping. I test drove the 2017 CRV, CX-5, Ford Escape and Subaru Outback 3.6R. The CX-5 was nice, but the price for what was offered was just not there right off the bat. I drove the CR-V twice, and Im talking top-of-the-line touring. It was OK, features good and the power good, but when I took my wife for a drive in it, she hated it. She felt the passengers seat was quite uncomfortable and the interior cheap, so that was out. So it came down to between the Escape Titanium 2.0 Turbo and the Outback 3.6R. OK folks, I loved my Outback, but I think Subaru is getting a bit complacent. The 3.6 R and Escape 2.0 Turbo have roughly the same power, but the Escape came with the trailer attachment (class II) and remote start. The Outback had automatic braking (but make sure you check what this really means.) Both listed around 39,500 or so. I couldnt get Subaru to come below 34000, even though I was a customer of that dealership and bought my previous car there. I basically got the, these are selling like hotcakes, dont need to really bargain at all attitude. I got the Escape for approx. 31000 with factory incentives and dealership deals. Now, remember I said the Outback didnt have the trailer hitch or remote start. To add those at the dealer would have been ANOTHER 1800. One last point. When I bought my Outback in 2010, they were using Continental ContiTrack Pro tires, and now they are using Bridgestone Dueler. I will let you check out the difference. Funny enough, the Escape uses the Continentals now. Believe me, tires DO make a difference, and the Continentals are almost always rated in the top three. The Escape (2.0 Titanium) is fast, exceptionally maneuverable, quiet and refined. I like it more every day, and my advice would be to test drive vehicles more than once, and do good, long drives. We are all different, but I wanted the power, towing and amenities and the Escape fits the bill perfectly. I will update this review in a year. Enjoy!"

Great, Versatile and Fun Vehicle

By on Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, versatility, powertrain, fun to drive."

Cons: "Lower gas mileage than advertised."

"Before signing the check for my new Escape SE, I researched and drove every competitive vehicle. The Escape won me over due to it's design, forward thinking, utility, comfort, mileage and overall driving characteristics. Coming from a premium brand AWD vehicle, I was at first skeptical, but I've come to really appreciate and love this vehicle. It drives and handles extremely well, and feels well-planted on the road. The seating is extremely comfortable, although the footwell is a bit tight, it's not too tight for my 6'0", 185 pound frame. The engine is extremely quiet - something I didn't expect from a small turbo, and the automatic transmission is very smooth. Fit and finish are on par with more expensive vehicles, which I believe is the reason it costs slightly more than others in it's class. I also love the Sync with MyFordTouch, and don't understand why some complain about it. It's intuitive, and easy to learn to operate. So far, I haven't been getting the EPA's rated fuel mileage, but it's probably due to my driving style and frequent stop and go traffic. The best I've done yet is 29 mpg when driven mostly highway miles. As with all vehicles, I expect the mileage to improve once broken in. I also love the auto-tailgate option, though I don't have the "foot motion" option, which I don't feel is necessary. All said, I love this vehicle."

grew to like it

By on Thursday, July 30, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, sleek look,"

Cons: "mileage could be better"

"I initially had resistance to going to a smaller vehicle. The numerous recalls were annoying, but I was glad to have them fixed and none of them were severe in nature. I like the responsiveness of the vehicle and the handling is very secure and sporty. Even the small 4 cylinder packs a punch with the Eco-boost engine. The design is sleek and the interior is comfortable for the driver and front passenger. Like any smaller vehicle the back seat passengers may be squeezed depending on their size. You will only get the advertised mileage if you drive the slower speed limits, but even at 75 mph I will average between 25-28 mph depending on the terrain and weather. Overall it is a very good vehicle and improving with each year as most models do."