2013 Ford Escape

7.6

Based on 288 Ratings for the 2013 - 2018 models.

7.5/10

Well rounded vehicle

By on Saturday, May 13, 2017

Pros: "Price, fuel mileage, cargo capacity, quality"

"I have owned the Escape now for 1 year and 7 months and really cannot find anything wrong. The only thing I can mention is the rear seats are stiff, but nobody ever rides there and they are folded down many times for hauling large objects. The mpg has been averaging 23 and that is mostly city with no highway miles. We took a couple of road trips that average 32. It has the normally aspirated 2.5 liter engine without Eco boost, which gives plenty of acceleration. The Escape is a quality vehicle that anyone should like."

Took a gamble on this one...Titanium trim a must

By on Sunday, July 23, 2017

Pros: "handling, comfort, technology, design of exterior"

Cons: "armrests too short, glovebox wont lock, lighting"

"Was torn on choosing new car and decided this SUV was compact enough to enjoy the gas mileage and still haul stuff if needed. Ok, so the body design is sleek and fun. I like that a lot more than competitors offerings. Only complaint I ever have about new car is...why so much plastic molding outside? Keep it metal and then heat and wear dont take their toll so quickly. I know, it does look good...thats all! Inside, this cabin is nice, little lighting touches and nice displays give this car a feeling of luxury, and the Sony system can be adjusted through your phones equalizer if you have the option, and some minor car system adjusting of the treble, bass, mid, and balance can really make the sound quite enjoyable. The bass is pretty awful though. Just a flat annoying beat instead of a deep resounding bass. That really needs work Ford. Driving it is nice. Seat is very comfortable, a bit odd on the segmenting leaving just a bit more space on the back support at the hips than I prefer, but lumbar adjustment is available, just doesnt fill that little gap quite enough. And armrests are too short. Center needs about four more inches, and door armrest is way too shallow. Not very good. Everything else, excellent. Glove box doesnt lock, boo! But fold down the heavy rear seats and lots of room. Liftgate tempermental on opening with foot activation. Sometimes I look like I am just wagging my foot under my car for no reason...uh hmm, this cost me 500.00?? Oh well....kinda included! Steering is very responsive. Careful when you take off if you have the 2.0 turbo...it is quite kicky, and will turn your steering wheel right out of your hands! So its a fun drive, nice comfort, Titanium trim without Technology Package added totalled about 32000.00 bit high. But feels like its well built, solid, future-proofed for now, nice Navigation option which I bought, really helps when driving in a new area. Very responsive, peppy, pretty, and it is american made! I like it! One quick mention, interior lighting, no way to turn on or off the rear passenger seat overhead or cargo light from the drivers seat.That used to be a standard. But now its forgotten..."

Short Time Owner of a Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Pros: "Alot of Techcessories, solid vehicle, fun to drive"

Cons: "Small Sync-3 screen"

"I was relocated back to the U.S. after working 20 years overseas and I needed a reliable vehicle for 2 years that would still have alot of value when sold. The Ford 2017 S-Escape was perfect since the base model comes with Bluetooth, has a great sound system, quality interior, good gas mileage, and is rated highly among current owners. I used a mounted tablet with a mobile Wireless Access Point since the base model does not have a large screen. I will be returning overseas and am looking to sell this vehicle for the balance of the loan. 20,000."

Titanium Model rocks in white. Can tow a trailer

By on Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Pros: "Can tow 2,500 pounds, value, sound, features, seat"

Cons: "Start/Stop, gas mileage,"

"I drove all the competitors and went for the Escape Titanium with everything minus the huge sunroof. The tie breaker over other models was the ability to tow 2,500 pounds. No other comes close. I tow routinely 3 ATVs on a trailer and 3 adults. Gas is sucked at the rate of 14 MPG when doing so. I only go 2 or 3 MPH over the limit when towing. Love the phone app for remote starting, location tracking, fuel, etc. Did not realize how much I would use that. Free for 5 years. The start/stop has to be manually turned off every time you get in or it will stop the engine at every stoplight. Annoying. My BMW had it programmed to remember the last known position (off). Does well in the snow and sand. Great sound, easy to use touchscreen. The lane keeping assist works well and so do the other auto features. Spoiled when backing up now with the warnings. Almost getting complacent backing out of stalls. Only other thing I dislike is the kick to open tailgate has not been mastered yet. Maybe has something to do with the trailer hitch. I look like a fool fake kicking the hitch now and then. Near luxury small SUV at a great price after all the programs and military discount were rolled up. Traded my Toyota Venza in for it. Oh, and you cannot manually type in addresses in the GPS when the vehicle is in motion. You can enter via voice but that is about 75% successful. Lock it in before you go. The maps and software update when connected to a WiFi signal. In my garage it updates. Keeps maps fairly fresh but not as fresh as WAZE. It is also programmed to dial 911 and two contacts if you wreck the vehicle and the system is still alive with your phone. Pretty cool. Havent tried that yet. Front seats are long haul comfortable. I am around 240 pounds and close to 6 tall. Escape seats were better than the Explorer I test drove. Escape seats are larger in my opinion."

Fun to Drive, No Problems

By on Saturday, September 2, 2017

"This car is great for commute driving. Not too big, nimble and fast. No problems with vehicle at all. AC is impressive as is sound dampening. 2.0 Turbo is a must. Had other turbos in past, but this one is quiet."