2013 Ford Escape

7.6

Based on 288 Ratings for the 2013 - 2018 models.

7.5/10

Well rounded vehicle

By on Saturday, May 13, 2017

Pros: "Price, fuel mileage, cargo capacity, quality"

"I have owned the Escape now for 1 year and 7 months and really cannot find anything wrong. The only thing I can mention is the rear seats are stiff, but nobody ever rides there and they are folded down many times for hauling large objects. The mpg has been averaging 23 and that is mostly city with no highway miles. We took a couple of road trips that average 32. It has the normally aspirated 2.5 liter engine without Eco boost, which gives plenty of acceleration. The Escape is a quality vehicle that anyone should like."

Titanium Model rocks in white. Can tow a trailer

By on Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Pros: "Can tow 2,500 pounds, value, sound, features, seat"

Cons: "Start/Stop, gas mileage,"

"I drove all the competitors and went for the Escape Titanium with everything minus the huge sunroof. The tie breaker over other models was the ability to tow 2,500 pounds. No other comes close. I tow routinely 3 ATVs on a trailer and 3 adults. Gas is sucked at the rate of 14 MPG when doing so. I only go 2 or 3 MPH over the limit when towing. Love the phone app for remote starting, location tracking, fuel, etc. Did not realize how much I would use that. Free for 5 years. The start/stop has to be manually turned off every time you get in or it will stop the engine at every stoplight. Annoying. My BMW had it programmed to remember the last known position (off). Does well in the snow and sand. Great sound, easy to use touchscreen. The lane keeping assist works well and so do the other auto features. Spoiled when backing up now with the warnings. Almost getting complacent backing out of stalls. Only other thing I dislike is the kick to open tailgate has not been mastered yet. Maybe has something to do with the trailer hitch. I look like a fool fake kicking the hitch now and then. Near luxury small SUV at a great price after all the programs and military discount were rolled up. Traded my Toyota Venza in for it. Oh, and you cannot manually type in addresses in the GPS when the vehicle is in motion. You can enter via voice but that is about 75% successful. Lock it in before you go. The maps and software update when connected to a WiFi signal. In my garage it updates. Keeps maps fairly fresh but not as fresh as WAZE. It is also programmed to dial 911 and two contacts if you wreck the vehicle and the system is still alive with your phone. Pretty cool. Havent tried that yet. Front seats are long haul comfortable. I am around 240 pounds and close to 6 tall. Escape seats were better than the Explorer I test drove. Escape seats are larger in my opinion."

Short Time Owner of a Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Pros: "Alot of Techcessories, solid vehicle, fun to drive"

Cons: "Small Sync-3 screen"

"I was relocated back to the U.S. after working 20 years overseas and I needed a reliable vehicle for 2 years that would still have alot of value when sold. The Ford 2017 S-Escape was perfect since the base model comes with Bluetooth, has a great sound system, quality interior, good gas mileage, and is rated highly among current owners. I used a mounted tablet with a mobile Wireless Access Point since the base model does not have a large screen. I will be returning overseas and am looking to sell this vehicle for the balance of the loan. 20,000."

Great small SUV

By on Friday, August 4, 2017

Pros: "Styling, Power, Quiet interior, features"

Cons: "better placement of the light in the rear storage"

"I like the styling of the 2017 Ford Escape over any competitors styling. The 2.0 turbo engine offers V-6 power or better. With leather seats, 10 way power driver and passenger seats, navigation, power lift gate and the technology package (which includes bling spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert) this SUV offers all the luxury I was looking for. I have driven just about all of the direct competition to the Escape including the Honda CRV, Nissan Rouge, Chevy Equinox and Mazda CX-5 and they all come up short in important measures of feature, performance and packaging. One thing I did not want was any kind of roof that opens and fortunately the vehicle I purchased off the dealers lot in the color I wanted, ruby red, did not have that option."

Awesome

By on Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pros: "Fair price, fun to drive, Touch Pad"

"I have the SE 2.0 Ecoboost and cannot be happier with my purchase. Drives smoothly, have lots of space."